ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Kelley to TTU

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
Seems to be the most likely scenario based on rumors at the moment. How about that? His first road game with his new team will be in Pullman against his buddies.

Well hopefully the Cougar Collective comes up with a matching offer and JK remains in Pullman

I'm with you here. Hernandez and Nunally, I believe, can fill in nicely for the departed.
What makes you think Nunally can fill in? Why hasn't he played? The guy so far has bad hands. He is the only receiver we had that had size. And his top end speed is very good.

What makes you think Nunally can fill in? Why hasn't he played? The guy so far has bad hands. He is the only receiver we had that had size. And his top end speed is very good.

Nunnally is actually a very good receiver. Has top end speed, and good hands, and catches about 87% to 89% to 93% of NORMAL passes thrown to him(If ball is thrown behind him, etc, he doesn't do as good.

Nunnally's problem is that sometimes on rare, uncommon occasions, he occasionally drops a very easily catchable pass that he should catch.

He is also not CLUTCH. So if it's a NY6 bowl with 1 second left, and he is wide open in end zone, and a touch pass hits him in hands, and he doesn't get hit, there is about a 13% to 17% to 20% to 23% chance that he will drop it, and because of that, WSU probably loses 1/2 game to 1 game a season, because of Nunnally.

The other problem is that Nunnally, in a effort to get YAC, sometimes has defenders reach in from behind and punch, fumble ball out.

The other problem is, was that as good as Nunnally was, Lincoln Victor, Josh Kelly, Williams were even better, and played over him. If Nunnally had been on other teams, instead of WSU, he would have started, an or gotten a lot more playing time.

As Nunnally starts more, gets more reps, improves, develops, gets more coaching, etc, he will be a decent, ok replacement, and so will probably be ok, just fine with Nunnally next season, assuming WSU has a QB that can get the ball to him at least semi accurately.

Nunnally is actually a very good receiver. Has top end speed, and good hands, and catches about 87% to 89% to 93% of NORMAL passes thrown to him(If ball is thrown behind him, etc, he doesn't do as good.

Nunnally's problem is that sometimes on rare, uncommon occasions, he occasionally drops a very easily catchable pass that he should catch.

He is also not CLUTCH. So if it's a NY6 bowl with 1 second left, and he is wide open in end zone, and a touch pass hits him in hands, and he doesn't get hit, there is about a 13% to 17% to 20% to 23% chance that he will drop it, and because of that, WSU probably loses 1/2 game to 1 game a season, because of Nunnally.

The other problem is that Nunnally, in a effort to get YAC, sometimes has defenders reach in from behind and punch, fumble ball out.

The other problem is, was that as good as Nunnally was, Lincoln Victor, Josh Kelly, Williams were even better, and played over him. If Nunnally had been on other teams, instead of WSU, he would have started, an or gotten a lot more playing time.

As Nunnally starts more, gets more reps, improves, develops, gets more coaching, etc, he will be a decent, ok replacement, and so will probably be ok, just fine with Nunnally next season, assuming WSU has a QB that can get the ball to him at least semi accurately.
Not sure why Mateer's throwing ability is being questioned. As someone said in another thread, he has only thrown 17 passes. And the few that I recall were spot on. He can fling it.

Not sure why Mateer's throwing ability is being questioned. As someone said in another thread, he has only thrown 17 passes. And the few that I recall were spot on. He can fling it.
I've seen him throw in a scrimmage and several times during warmups. He's a power thrower, which matches his playing style. Not a pocket passer. Not a lot of touch. Drives the ball in all situations. In the practice I saw, and we're talking about a limited sample, so I may be wrong, he has trouble on sideline throws. What we saw this year is kind of who he is. Run first, past 2nd.

Mik the drops were rare cause he didn't get any snaps. His hands are good? I have seen him on at least five occasions drop balls the one armed man from the Fugitive would have caught. He didn't play much because his ability to catch is a huge question mark. You don't think they could have used that big body in the red zone?

I do hope he turns it around.

I've seen him throw in a scrimmage and several times during warmups. He's a power thrower, which matches his playing style. Not a pocket passer. Not a lot of touch. Drives the ball in all situations. In the practice I saw, and we're talking about a limited sample, so I may be wrong, he has trouble on sideline throws. What we saw this year is kind of who he is. Run first, past 2nd.
As opposed to Ward, who would burn it into the receivers from 15 yards away, or run backwards for a big loss instead of tucking and running? Or throw some long lame ass sideline pass into double or triple coverage?

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
I remember another Pac-12 power thrower that did well for himself. John Elway. I am in no way comparing the two. Just going off off the power thrower comment

and catches about 87% to 89% to 93% of NORMAL passes thrown to him

C'mon Mik, cant we just settle on 90%?!! That's all I have to say about that!

As opposed to Ward, who would burn it into the receivers from 15 yards away, or run backwards for a big loss instead of tucking and running? Or throw some long lame ass sideline pass into double or triple coverage?
I gotta agree with Loyal on this one.

and catches about 87% to 89% to 93% of NORMAL passes thrown to him

C'mon Mik, cant we just settle on 90%?!! That's all I have to say about that!
Yeah, no shit Mik. You occasionally make some good posts, when you aren't rambling on like a drunken sailor. But your constant "3% 5% 7%" stuff has gotten beyond old. Just stick to the topic at hand, don't ramble, take off the all caps, and throw out one number not 3-4-5.

Yeah, no shit Mik. You occasionally make some good posts, when you aren't rambling on like a drunken sailor. But your constant "3% 5% 7%" stuff has gotten beyond old. Just stick to the topic at hand, don't ramble, take off the all caps, and throw out one number not 3-4-5.
Actually he can't and I will let you figure it out.....

Reactions: HCoug
Or….if you want to provide a range, the middle number is not necessary. 87-93% is the same as 87-89-93%. It makes zero sense to include the middle number.

Or….if you want to provide a range, the middle number is not necessary. 87-93% is the same as 87-89-93%. It makes zero sense to include the middle number.
You remember the moving Rainman?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT