ADVERTISEMENT

Per Canzano

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
Civil war lives on meaning TTU will be coming to Pullman next year, taking Oregons spot in the TTU-UO series.

Oregon should be subsidizing this move. They won't have to because WSU admin will play nice, but they should. WSU doing favors for anyone other than WSU.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
So, we play Texas Tech next year. At home? Must be what Chun was referring to earlier when he said he was working on a deal to have a power 5 team at home. So, we have 12 games lined up, still don't know exactly who, but it looks like SDSU, SJSU , Portland St., Texas Tech, UW, OSU (the one and only league game) , and 6 other MW teams. If we don't lose too many players through the portal, it could be OK, all things considered. Now we just need a favorable ruling on the 12TH, and we can move forward with something positive. At least the coaches have something to pitch on the recruiting trail, not the same as saying we are a Pac 12, power 5 team, but it's something. A favorable ruling next week would be a big shot in the arm for the program and less stress financially for the entire athletic department.

So, we play Texas Tech next year. At home? Must be what Chun was referring to earlier when he said he was working on a deal to have a power 5 team at home. So, we have 12 games lined up, still don't know exactly who, but it looks like SDSU, SJSU , Portland St., Texas Tech, UW, OSU (the one and only league game) , and 6 other MW teams. If we don't lose too many players through the portal, it could be OK, all things considered. Now we just need a favorable ruling on the 12TH, and we can move forward with something positive. At least the coaches have something to pitch on the recruiting trail, not the same as saying we are a Pac 12, power 5 team, but it's something. A favorable ruling next week would be a big shot in the arm for the program and less stress financially for the entire athletic department.
There is nothing wrong with pitching the idea that we are adapting, put all this together on short notice, and expect to be just fine as things in the remaining leagues continue to change...because change they will and everybody knows it. We've shown we can adapt. I suspect others will be looking at what we and OSU have done as they get bounced around.

There is nothing wrong with pitching the idea that we are adapting, put all this together on short notice, and expect to be just fine as things in the remaining leagues continue to change...because change they will and everybody knows it. We've shown we can adapt. I suspect others will be looking at what we and OSU have done as they get bounced around.
So far the fallout has been fairly minimal with Ward & Kelly headlining the biggest names to transfer. None of its over yet (obviously) but I would think that if these guys were going to jump ship, the exodus would've happened already. This could also be a point of strength as we continue to recruit players who are not sure what's going on at WSU.

So far the fallout has been fairly minimal with Ward & Kelly headlining the biggest names to transfer. None of its over yet (obviously) but I would think that if these guys were going to jump ship, the exodus would've happened already. This could also be a point of strength as we continue to recruit players who are not sure what's going on at WSU.
Well, just like in HS recruiting these programs have their top targets. Then when they don’t get their guy they have to go down the list. I don’t think we or OSU is out if the woods yet, let’s see what happens when the first wave of big money FAs commit and how many more guys start posting they are entering the portal after they start getting calls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT