ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO WR...?

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
I feel we need to try and land, flip, a solid JUCO guy to come in next season.

The young guys look promising, but we need some older depth in my opinion....

I feel we need to try and land, flip, a solid JUCO guy to come in next season.

The young guys look promising, but we need some older depth in my opinion....

I'd much rather load up on DTs, JC and HS. We've got plenty of guys at WR. Some of them need to pan out. We don't have plenty of guys at DT.

We need more speed at the outside WR spots and need a couple WR that are better after the catch. Tay seems to have speed but we need more than one guy. Not one guy on the roster breaks tackles, they all drop like rocks.

Yes, we need more DTs as well.

I'd much rather load up on DTs, JC and HS. We've got plenty of guys at WR. Some of them need to pan out. We don't have plenty of guys at DT.
The JC WR that's given his verbal is still projected to sign.

We need more speed at the outside WR spots and need a couple WR that are better after the catch. Tay seems to have speed but we need more than one guy. Not one guy on the roster breaks tackles, they all drop like rocks.

Yes, we need more DTs as well.
Yes, need for speed and size in the interior. How about some tall IR's to catch slant routes across the middle of the field? Like if we had a Victor Boden...on the outside and a 6-4 210 WR on the inside. It's just funny how only 5-9 receivers are projected inside in spite of their speed.

Reactions: earldacoug
Didn't WSU redshirt that JC WR from the Bay Area last year? Thought he might eventually help them. I wouldn't use any more scholarships on a WR unless he was an absolute stud who is ready to contribute right away. Even JC receivers need time to adjust and contribute.

Glad Cougar

Didn't WSU redshirt that JC WR from the Bay Area last year? Thought he might eventually help them. I wouldn't use any more scholarships on a WR unless he was an absolute stud who is ready to contribute right away. Even JC receivers need time to adjust and contribute.

Glad Cougar
Yes. Easop Winston?

That's the guy....and I thought WSU was pretty high on him when he signed last year. Not a big guy (5'11") and not sure of his speed, but he was one of the top JC wide recievers in California a couple of years ago.

Glad Cougar

Unless he’s a truly elite skill player, I’d rather mine the JC ranks for help in the defensive front 7.

Look around college football (and basketball) today and you’ll see a ton of true freshmen and sophomores playing significant roles on teams, even the blue blood programs. As a WR, RB, or CB, if you haven’t cracked the 2-deep by the time you’re a sophomore, the odds are you’re just another player.

I’d much rather us recruit the high school ranks for WRs.

They said he had the "best hands" on the team I guess he needed improvement in other areas.

Unless he’s a truly elite skill player, I’d rather mine the JC ranks for help in the defensive front 7.

Look around college football (and basketball) today and you’ll see a ton of true freshmen and sophomores playing significant roles on teams, even the blue blood programs. As a WR, RB, or CB, if you haven’t cracked the 2-deep by the time you’re a sophomore, the odds are you’re just another player.

I’d much rather us recruit the high school ranks for WRs.

I concur.

It seems the jc positions we recruit the most are wr, offensive line and defensive line. We have recruited players for other positions as well. There is always an adjustment period for the jc guys ranging from several games to an entire year. Does it seem to you as well generally speaking our jc wide receivers and d line do better for us than our offensive linemen?
In your opinion, who are our better jc recruits? Milton Wynn?

It seems the jc positions we recruit the most are wr, offensive line and defensive line. We have recruited players for other positions as well. There is always an adjustment period for the jc guys ranging from several games to an entire year. Does it seem to you as well generally speaking our jc wide receivers and d line do better for us than our offensive linemen?
In your opinion, who are our better jc recruits? Milton Wynn?
Mayle , Smith. I think it's a good thing Easop was redshirted. He might be more confidant as a result and all the reasons Yaki stated. Offensive line is one of the hardest positions to master....I think.

Not a big fan of bringing in JC players for the O-line unless they are coming with a spare year for redshirting. Individual talent is one thing that can manifest itself immediately in many positions but takes time on the O-line. Players there have to synch with each other and know each other well before the line starts to perform to its best.

I recall strength, conditioning, and maybe speed were issues for Winston. Hence the redshirt.
Haha. Pretty much everything that makes a football player a football player. Hope he worked hard at those three things this year!

Well i hope that Pono Lolohea DT adjusts quickly to D 1 ball . If he is not capable the D line will be shredded next year.

Here is a list of some of our more impactful jc recruits. This is not a complete jc list.
1999- Wynn (wr) Williams (wr)
2000- Minnich (rb), McElrath (wr), Njuae (lb), Tippins
2002- Smith (rb), Moore (wr), Green (rb)
2004- Harrison (rb), Brackenridge
2008- Wolfgramm (dt), Beck ( s), Williams (c)
2010- Jacobson, Gonzalez, Barton
2012- West, Gauta
2013- McLennan, Mayle, Seidel
2015- Luani, Broughton
2016- Taylor, McBroom
Hoffman-Ellis?

Here is a list of some of our more impactful jc recruits. This is not a complete jc list.
1999- Wynn (wr) Williams (wr)
2000- Minnich (rb), McElrath (wr), Njuae (lb), Tippins
2002- Smith (rb), Moore (wr), Green (rb)
2004- Harrison (rb), Brackenridge
2008- Wolfgramm (dt), Beck ( s), Williams (c)
2010- Jacobson, Gonzalez, Barton
2012- West, Gauta
2013- McLennan, Mayle, Seidel
2015- Luani, Broughton
2016- Taylor, McBroom
Hoffman-Ellis?
Ooops. Meant to say Moore at receiver...did like Smith at RB. You left out my man Justin Sagote who led the team in tackles with 105. Not bad. Top tackler this year 73. Sagote was around the ball 44% more than anyone was this year. No wonder they're looking for the next Sagote.

Last edited:
Good catch. I was just thinking there was a linebacker whose name started with an S. Couldn't remember who he was, but that he came in and was all around the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT