ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoff times + TV Channels for first 3 games announced

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
The Pac-12 announced kickoff times + TV platforms for the first 3 weeks of the 2019 season.

Week 1 vs. New Mexico State, 7 p.m. PT (P12 Network)
Week 2 vs. Northern Colorado, 2 p.m. PT (P12 Washington)
Week 3 at Houston (Fri.), 6:15 p.m. PT (ESPN)

Also, the Apple Cup on Nov. 29 in Seattle will kickoff at 1 p.m. PT. Fox or FS1 will televise.

Last edited:
Glad I moved off the east coast.

2 out of 3 here are 9-10 PM starts for anyone in ET.

Man it was brutal being up until 1 and 2 AM, and God help you if there was OT

(Not so bold) Predictions:
  1. 7PM start for NMSU kills attendance. Late Friday game on Labor day weekend, against a perennially bad mid-major team, with another home game the following week. I'm going to generously say official attendance will be around 23K. Actual will be less than 20, with the student section never more than half full.
  2. 2PM start for N. Colorado brings people back out. Official and actual attendance will be much closer, between 30-31K. It'd be a sellout if it wasn't an FCS team, but people will come for the September weather, reasonable start time, and daylight driving. Second half attendance will be closer to 23K, as 1/3 of the RV crowd and 1/2 of the students forget to come back from wherever they're getting their beer.
  3. I will be at both.

Reactions: 79COUG
  1. 7PM start for NMSU kills attendance. Late Friday game on Labor day weekend, against a perennially bad mid-major team, with another home game the following week. I'm going to generously say official attendance will be around 23K. Actual will be less than 20, with the student section never more than half full.
  2. 2PM start for N. Colorado brings people back out. Official and actual attendance will be much closer, between 30-31K. It'd be a sellout if it wasn't an FCS team, but people will come for the September weather, reasonable start time, and daylight driving. Second half attendance will be closer to 23K, as 1/3 of the RV crowd and 1/2 of the students forget to come back from wherever they're getting their beer.
  3. I will be at both.

I wanted to bring a group of 5 up from the flatlands to watch the NMSU game but airfare is flippin' ridiculous right now. At current prices, it would cost me close to $3,500 to get my group up to the game. I could stomach $2,000 and maybe a touch more than that, but it's a lot of cash to throw at a game that should be boring in the second half.

3. I will be at both.
Minor quibble -- the NMSU game is on Saturday, August 31, not Friday (unless I've missed something). Not sure it matters for your attendance prediction though. Here's the link: https://wsucougars.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=413 I'll be there too.

Minor quibble -- the NMSU game is on Saturday, August 31, not Friday (unless I've missed something). Not sure it matters for your attendance prediction though. Here's the link: https://wsucougars.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=413 I'll be there too.
My mistake, I had Friday on the brain for some reason.

But no, I don't think it makes a significant difference for likely attendance.

Reactions: TZCoug84
Attendance will definitely be terrible for the NMSU game. Actual attendance will be about 15k. N. Colorado will have about 25k.

2pm starts again! Just like back when there were no TV timeouts and I had only the radio ....

The 7:00PM start for the NMSU game might hurt attendance, but night games in late August are the absolute best; especially if daytime temps are in the 90s.

Night games totally blow. The NM State game will be a small crowd. I still like CF on a Sat. Afternoon.

The 7:00PM start for the NMSU game might hurt attendance, but night games in late August are the absolute best; especially if daytime temps are in the 90s.
If I’m staying in an RV or Pullman I’d agree. When I’m getting home at 2 AM I’ll have another opinion.

Night games totally blow. The NM State game will be a small crowd. I still like CF on a Sat. Afternoon.

I don’t disagree, but I’ve been going to games for nearly 40 years now, and we’ve never been able to solve the small crowds on Labor Day weekend.

Day games, night games, non-league games, conference games, games against another (at the time) D1 school 8 miles away; they’re always a challenge to draw 30K fans. When we moved a game to Seattle, our fans had heart attacks because we shouldn’t be playing home games in Seattle.

Given all of that, we have no choice but to shut our mouths and accept whatever the TV draw is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT