ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cougs Beat Gonzaga in OT Thriller

spongeandshoot

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2020
Posting here because it's early in the season and not many visitors on the bball board.

Coach K is as good as it gets...on any level and in any sport. She gets the absolute most out of her talent...and they just grind.

Reminds me of those 2 Butler teams that made it to the finals in back to back years.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Posting here because it's early in the season and not many visitors on the bball board.

Coach K is as good as it gets...on any level and in any sport. She gets the absolute most out of her talent...and they just grind.

Reminds me of those 2 Butler teams that made it to the finals in back to back years.

OMG - some good news for a change? looked like we had some fans for a change.

I went to a women's game many years ago when Sherri Murrell was the coach. Met her - pretty cute, but a lesbian as it turned out. A shame.

Anyway, they had a special - 20 tickets for $20. Rounded up some friends and we pregamed in my then motor home. Sat front and center around maybe 3-400 fans. I think we won.

Oh and those announcer guys had some serious snouts. And nice hair Alex.

Last edited:

It was the typical sluggish and slow start for us in the 1st quarter. Then took it away from them in the 2nd half. As you said, we just grind out wins.

Really good early season win. I think we miss Ula and Teder. It's going to take some time, but this is a talented roster.

CL-W is CL-W as well. On a non-coug board, a poster refers to her as Charlisse "Legend Walking". Pretty much spot on. She has the "it".

Reactions: spongeandshoot
It was the typical sluggish and slow start for us in the 1st quarter. Then took it away from them in the 2nd half. As you said, we just grind out wins.

Really good early season win. I think we miss Ula and Teder. It's going to take some time, but this is a talented roster.

CL-W is CL-W as well. On a non-coug board, a poster refers to her as Charlisse "Legend Walking". Pretty much spot on. She has the "it".
The only thing she lacks is Jenni Ruff's looks. Oh well. that's why they make 6 packs.

What's up with Teder? I thought she was coming back this year. Injury?

Looks like a "prolonged acute and chronic injury" she's been dealing with the past two years.
It's really a shame. You could tell last year the injury impacted her more than her first season. Ethridge said she couldn't practice the entire season, but she was still able to start every game. I don't think I have ever heard of that before.

FWIW, Teder is still technically part of the team. She was hanging out with them at the basketball event last week. I guess she's basically a free assistant coach? (well...free except for that scholarship).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT