ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas odds makers...

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
.. have installed the cougs as 10 1/2 point favorites versus Arizona. Oregon also favored by 4 1/2 pts over Arizona State

Reactions: M-I-Coug
And guess what? It will be there first time in how many years, that we're going to be favored in the AC!!!!!!!

When was the last time we were favored in the Apple Cup?
Anyone?
Anyone?

And guess what? It will be there first time in how many years, that we're going to be favored in the AC!!!!!!!

When was the last time we were favored in the Apple Cup?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Early 2000s. And I’m thinking we probably lost all of those games we were favored in during that era. In 01 we were favored by 14 AT UW and face planted. In 02 we were favored at home and lost ( the lateral game?). Maybe we were favored in one of brink’s wins...2 of those were on the road so I know we weren’t favored in those. I don’t even remember the one Brink won in Pullman (score??). I’d rather be the underdog and keep this boulder sized chip going. Think this team thrives on it.

Early 2000s. And I’m thinking we probably lost all of those games we were favored in during that era. In 01 we were favored by 14 AT UW and face planted. In 02 we were favored at home and lost ( the lateral game?). Maybe we were favored in one of brink’s wins...2 of those were on the road so I know we weren’t favored in those. I don’t even remember the one Brink won in Pullman (score??). I’d rather be the underdog and keep this boulder sized chip going. Think this team thrives on it.
It doesn't really matter either way. However, in this Apple Cup game, I would love for the team to feel disrespected.

Reactions: froropmkr72
It doesn't really matter either way. However, in this Apple Cup game, I would love for the team to feel disrespected.
The plucky little Huskies will be lucky to stay within 20 points of the Cougars. We’re just honored to be playing a great WSU team. I’m sure you’ll be favored by 30, as you should be.

The plucky little Huskies will be lucky to stay within 20 points of the Cougars. We’re just honored to be playing a great WSU team. I’m sure you’ll be favored by 30, as you should be.
Not sure where you are going with this. Haven’t heard any cougar fans saying this. Usually this is the UW fans view of the game though so maybe that’s the joke??

Reactions: Coug1990

Of course UW will show up and play well in the AC. It literally is all they do.

Would not be surprising in the least if they ruined WSU's season and followed it up with a loss in the Pac 12 championship in a rematch with either ASU or Utah. Why ? Because that is who they are.

On a uw board, this comment would be funny. On here, it is less than meh.

If I can’t amuse you, at least I amused me. You almost certainly will and should be favored. You have your best chance in years. But you just aren’t likely to find your team getting disrespected by anyone whose opinion matters.

Of course UW will show up and play well in the AC. It literally is all they do.

Would not be surprising in the least if they ruined WSU's season and followed it up with a loss in the Pac 12 championship in a rematch with either ASU or Utah. Why ? Because that is who they are.

You make a great point. We never win much of anything but the Apple Cup.

Speaking of "we", why the F are you on this site, mutt? Habitually. You used to be kind of a funny interloper, now you are not so much. I know the Rivals mutt site is basically nonexistent. Did you get banned from muttman and have no where else to go?

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple
Speaking of "we", why the F are you on this site, mutt? Habitually. You used to be kind of a funny interloper, now you are not so much. I know the Rivals mutt site is basically nonexistent. Did you get banned from muttman and have no where else to go?
Agreed Harry, your quips and wittiness used to be amusing now the act has worn thin. You've officially crossed over into douchey troll territory. There’s an opening for you over on Brand X, Auburndawg quit on his team...again.

Agreed Harry, your quips and wittiness used to be amusing now the act has worn thin. You've officially crossed over into douchey troll territory. There’s an opening for you over on Brand X, Auburndawg quit on his team...again.

You seem a little touchy. Try to enjoy your team’s success.

Reading my stuff is strictly voluntary.

You seem a little touchy. Try to enjoy your team’s success.
Not touchy just pointing out you are no longer funny. If I was acting like a douchebag and didn’t realize it, I’d want my friends to tell me. We are friends right?

Not touchy just pointing out you are no longer funny. If I was acting like a douchebag and didn’t realize it, I’d want my friends to tell me. We are friends right?
We are. I hope you start feeling better soon.

So long as you are sincerely acknowledging that, we are on the same page.

For whatever reason mainly psychological your team achieves your pompous fans' vision in recent AC's. But only that game. I guess it gives them bragging rights in Washington but nowhere else. When Pete & Co. venture out of that one comfort zone they fail miserably . Kind of an odd place to be for a program with National aspirations, but it is what it is.

But all good , your primary super quality loss team this year > Auburn will be 7-5. Thank goodness they had the good fortune to schedule UW or otherwise they would be barely bowl eligible. That game gave them some cushion.

Reactions: Coug1990
So long as you are sincerely acknowledging that, we are on the same page.

For whatever reason mainly psychological your team achieves your pompous fans' vision in recent AC's. But only that game. I guess it gives them bragging rights in Washington but nowhere else. When Pete & Co. venture out of that one comfort zone they fail miserably . Kind of an odd place to be for a program with National aspirations, but it is what it is.

But all good , your primary super quality loss team this year > Auburn will be 7-5. Thank goodness they had the good fortune to schedule UW or otherwise they would be barely bowl eligible. That game gave them some cushion.
Of course I’m sincere. My goodness, we haven’t won the conference since 2016!

Reactions: CougPatrol
Of course I’m sincere. My goodness, we haven’t won the conference since 2016!

Why are you continually on this WSU site? I and others have asked you this numerous times, but all we get is some smart-ass reply. What's your deal, mutt? Here we are in our season of glory, and you want to hang around and throw out your little smart ass big brother back-handed compliments. And remind us that yes, uw has had more success then WSU in football.

And is the undisputed champ of producing f-ing assholes. Which you are quickly becoming. And as I recall you are a lawyer too. The icing on the a-cake.

Reactions: taf88
Why are you continually on this WSU site? I and others have asked you this numerous times, but all we get is some smart-ass reply. What's your deal, mutt? Here we are in our season of glory, and you want to hang around and throw out your little smart ass big brother back-handed compliments. And remind us that yes, uw has had more success then WSU in football.

And is the undisputed champ of producing f-ing assholes. Which you are quickly becoming. And as I recall you are a lawyer too. The icing on the a-cake.

Please leave him on because I really do not think UW fans fully realize what a joke they are Nationally.

Some examples :

ESPN got so tired of some of their noise, they went out of their way to line cupcakes on the sideline describing their schedule during one of their games.

I have had such a run betting against them this year ( they never cover) my Texas bookie now limits action on their games. He feels like they must have some dumb supporters in Vegas propping up their lines ( he does not get that offsetting action).

Also hold a sizable under 10.5 wins ticket that they set for UW this season. Bet the under and the over ain't going to happen. Will fund a nice return visit back to Vegas at NYE.My only stupidity was I laid some of it off betting on them against Auburn.

In 2016 every UW supporter should have sent a check to Helton for not starting Darnold earlier in the season. Everyone saw what happened when they actually played USC with Darnold in Seattle. The Pac12 championship game would have been a similar beat down.

The irony is if they do like I said play their best game of the season in this year's AC and squirrel into another championship they again have USC to thank for that. They would be mathematically eliminated before the AC if USC ( & refs ) did not beat WSU earlier and WSU takes care of UA this weekend.

So please leave this guy on, it provides some comedy.

Last edited:

It seems like an odd question after something like 20 years. I wrote the guest perspective column for the 2003 Apple Cup. I was here when it was “Kevin Anderson’s board.” Were you ever fun?

We were favored in 2006. We were significant underdogs in 2009. The two intervening years were pretty much "who cares?"; it was two bad coaches with relatively unmotivated troops facing each other. I actually think that we were favored in 2008, but I would not bet my house on that.

We were favored in 2006. We were significant underdogs in 2009. The two intervening years were pretty much "who cares?"; it was two bad coaches with relatively unmotivated troops facing each other. I actually think that we were favored in 2008, but I would not bet my house on that.
We were not favored in 2008. We were 10 point underdogs roughly I believe. That Coug team was god awful and would have been an underdog against many FCS teams that year. And as much ribbing as we give them for 0-12, Ty almost willed them to be winless. That team had enough talent to win a few games as Sark showed the next year. We may have been favored in 04, brinks first AC win. That husky team was pretty shitty and it was in Pullman.

Reactions: HHusky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT