ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance U ...

SDCoug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Hamilton, MT
... showed a glimpse of Leach in episode seven. I’ll leave it at that for those that watch the show.

That guy is a horrible coach and human, though.

... showed a glimpse of Leach in episode seven. I’ll leave it at that for those that watch the show.

That guy is a horrible coach and human, though.

I dunno. Seems like a typical used car salesman football coach to me. I wouldn't trust anything he told me unless I could verify it, he's a disorganized mess, but he seems to care about his players.

Dude is trash. Recruits talent and expects them to disguise the fact that he sucky at x’s and o’s. Didn’t take long for him to get exposed. And what a narcissist, spends more time researching his social media mentions than getting his team ready. Dude had more than his 15 minutes. Great show tho. The player profiles are excellent.

Dude is trash. Recruits talent and expects them to disguise the fact that he sucky at x’s and o’s. Didn’t take long for him to get exposed. And what a narcissist, spends more time researching his social media mentions than getting his team ready. Dude had more than his 15 minutes. Great show tho. The player profiles are excellent.

I was really disappointed in the Garden City coach this season. Guy spends half the episode bitching about the ICC coach and than acts like a total punk when Garden City wins the game. You realize pretty quickly why these guys are stuck at the level they are at. I did find it laughable that Jason Brown did appear to be more worried about social media than his team.

Jason identifies with kids. Particularly kids that come from chaos. All the kids on that team that showed up knew exactly what they were getting into. There were no secrets about who he was, how he spoke, what to expect. His level of realness and honesty, for some kids, holds significant value. Especially coming from a background where kids don't know what to expect, he provides an environment where they know exactly what to expect. As crazy as that sounds.

Most kids land at a JUCO for 3 reasons. Academic issue, behavior issue or overlooked/underdeveloped. 2 of 3 are really hard to work with. As a coach it is constantly dealing with issues in the dorms because of behavior or issues with grades because they're not strong students. You are constantly baby sitting kids. Now scale that to 200 kids on the team. There isn't a day where you show up to work feeling like you're ahead of the game. It's constant issues, constant discipline, constant frustration, constant chaos. It's really hard to work in. Especially when you essentially have a deadline (game) every week to prepare for. Maintaining the focus of that many kids can be challenging lol.

He does an amazingly poor job of stabilizing his program. Rather than provide an environment of learning and professional preparation, he adds to the chaos. You can only scream at kids for so long before they quit on you. Same for your staff. He isn't preparing anyone on that team to move on and work within another organization. His coaches spend so much time herding kids that they don't have time to get better as coaches. His kids have zero structure in their life. It looks like a free for all. Then everyone shows up and the head man goes berzerko. And you wonder why there are brawls with out teams??? Attitude reflects leadership.

If you want a motivated, all day tough, hardnosed, team that plays with sportsman ship and class it starts at the top. The signal sent from Jason to his team is total crap. There is no school that will hire him as a head coach unless they are wildly desperate. Which Indy CC may have been.

Reactions: metprof and SDCoug
Ironically, he makes fun of Coach Leach for not using the f-word enough, saying something along the lines of "no wonder nobody follows him on Twitter".
CML followers = 168.9k
Jason Brown followers = 72.9k

Ironically, he makes fun of Coach Leach for not using the f-word enough, saying something along the lines of "no wonder nobody follows him on Twitter".
CML followers = 168.9k
Jason Brown followers = 72.9k
I guess “enough” is every sentence at least the one time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT