ADVERTISEMENT

Leach sure seems confident about the dline

Guess your poor reading skills limited you to that marketing degree at WSU. Nonetheless, make another attempt, Erictile D.
I would think as a professional stalker you would at least know what degree I got in business. Maybe you need to brush up on your skilz- futireiZnow. .

I think you may have eased any reservations. I may have upped my expectations to a loftier 7 to 9 range vs the 4 to 7. Yes, I feel Taylor Comforted in knowing the stats you gave me. I mean Matt Eichelbarger went from 4 to 17 tackles. How many snaps did the interior people get in 2017?

I know WSU list themselves as a 3/4, and if that were the case the job of the three interior guys is to hold the line of scrimmage so tackles aren't always reflective in performance. But I will trust your judgement in this case and won't bring up any concerns I have on the dline.

I would think as a professional stalker you would at least know what degree I got in business. Maybe you need to brush up on your skilz- futireiZnow. .

I think you may have eased any reservations. I may have upped my expectations to a loftier 7 to 9 range vs the 4 to 7. Yes, I feel Taylor Comforted in knowing the stats you gave me. I mean Matt Eichelbarger went from 4 to 17 tackles. How many snaps did the interior people get in 2017?

I know WSU list themselves as a 3/4, and if that were the case the job of the three interior guys is to hold the line of scrimmage so tackles aren't always reflective in performance. But I will trust your judgement in this case and won't bring up any concerns I have on the dline.

Nobody cares about your expectations you are a disease.

Nobody cares about the 80s nobody cares about the 90s.

We have the same DL coach we have plenty of players we will be fine.

Hundreds of your previous posts and one of your footer pictures kinda say something different. Just pointing it out......:rolleyes:

Hundreds of your previous posts and one of your footer pictures kinda say something different. Just pointing it out......:rolleyes:

They don’t say anything about his expectations. They are a public service reminder of his incessant stupidity so all new comers shall know he is an idiot. It doesn’t take them that long to figure it out because of what he posts, the automated reminder is a courtesy.

They don’t say anything about his expectations. They are a public service reminder of his incessant stupidity so all new comers shall know he is an idiot. It doesn’t take them that long to figure it out because of what he posts, the automated reminder is a courtesy.

Ah C'mon - I got ya on that one and you know it.......Bwahahahah :p

I’ll be over for a brew later tonight .

I think quite a few here would like the idea of someone abducting you, dressing you up in a Hillary pantsuit and then air dropping your contrarian fat arse upon a Trump rally.

Last edited:
Nobody cares about your expectations you are a disease.
Yo..Couginathong....if I am a disease do what Chris Rock would do...put some "Tussin" on it. Actually it sounds like I am your herpes- comes out a couple times a month and that you have to deal with it.

Like herpes, I am here to stay. Unless of course I am not only the disease but get a disease and fulfill your wish of the "old timers" die off making the program better. But until that happens, and until you learn that you absolutely make it impossible for Hood to ban me, I am like Megan Fox and you are the miniature decepticon humping my leg. Maybe even a better example is one you gave last week when describing the heavy hitters in your firm, and you are a fly on the giant elephant's backside. I am the elephant and your words don't even make a scratch. So feel free to give Hood more reasons why he can't ban me.

Back to the Dline issue, sounds like Chima is out of the year. So that sucks.

Same thoughts here. He was really coming on strong. Leach describes his play as "explosive." Maybe he'll get a Robert Lewis deal?

Yo..Couginathong....if I am a disease do what Chris Rock would do...put some "Tussin" on it. Actually it sounds like I am your herpes- comes out a couple times a month and that you have to deal with it.

Like herpes, I am here to stay. Unless of course I am not only the disease but get a disease and fulfill your wish of the "old timers" die off making the program better. But until that happens, and until you learn that you absolutely make it impossible for Hood to ban me, I am like Megan Fox and you are the miniature decepticon humping my leg. Maybe even a better example is one you gave last week when describing the heavy hitters in your firm, and you are a fly on the giant elephant's backside. I am the elephant and your words don't even make a scratch. So feel free to give Hood more reasons why he can't ban me.
Whelp, you're not "here to stay" on my message board - welcome to the ever growing ignore list.

No go drink some cherry juice and tilt some more windmills.

Reactions: CougEd
I'm usually a lurker, dont know as much about football as most of you here, so dont post as much, or at all, but my eyes are rolling at 1. Ed. 2. Ed, Yaki, Tron.

Ed:

I know that Yaki, tron, others are right in that you are stuck in the past, in your iron laws, etc.

With CML, GONE are the days of either he who shall not be named, doba, price, where 9-40, 5-6 no bowl, 1 bowl game every 2,3,4 years of price. Yes price got to 2 rosebowls, and 3 10 win seasons, but on average price got to 1 bowl every 2,3,4 seasons.

That either no bowl, or 1 bowl every 2,3,4 seasons is GONE.

That has or will be reversed into 1 no bowl, or 5 win season every 3,4,5,6 years.

And RELOAD, or SMALL rebuild has, or will become the norm, unlike in the past.

This is because:

1. CML being a good coach, recruiter.

2. Good assistants that good coaches, recruiters.

3. Good recruiting.

4. CML has had 3,4 straight 5+ win, bowl seasons.

5. CML had 10 straight 8,9,10 win, bowl seasons at Texas Tech.

6. Phelps, Tracy Claeys have NEVER been unsuccessful

CML has recruited more multi 4 stars classes then any coach.

Yes Mike Price had top 25 classes. Those were not the norm, but rather the exception. Yes Price recruited what would have been 4,5 stars back then, before star system, but those were also not the norm, were the exception, and he USUALLY didnt have 3,4,5 4 star players in a class, like CML, and instead USUALLY only had 0,1 4 stars per class at best.

Yes CML's classes have been ranked 43 to 63, but what some don't get about that, is that last year's 40 to 60 ranked class which seems like a bad to acerage ranking had 3,4,5 .4 stars, lots of high end 3 stars, only 0,1,2,3. 2 stars.

In previous years that class would have been ranked 20 to 40 instead of 40 to 60.

The fact of the matter is that WSU could get 4 to 7, 4 stars, rest high end 3 stars have the 16th ranked class and still finish 9th in the pac 12 in recruiting.

What some dont get is that as long as your class is 40 to 60 ranked, and as long as high end 3 stars in class, and as long as good evaluator of talent, good at coach up, development, have good system, etc, like CML, that 3 star, 40 to 60 rank is GOOD ENOUGH to CONSISTENTLY COMPETE, DO WELL ON A REGULAR CONSISTENT BASIS.

So when it comes to whether this years DL will be ok, fine. The answer is yes the DL will be fine, ok.

Why?

1. Because of the reasons above.

2. The talent level

3. They likely have improved.

4. They will likely improve, develop over the season.

5. Phelps has never failed to produce a good DL EVERY YEAR.

6. Even if the above were to not be true, Phelps and Claeys, are good enough at scheme, system, to cover up, hide, minimize weakness, and maximize limited strength, to where the DL would be fine.

Yes its possible in theory that the DL will be bad.

But that is not likely.

There is about 59% to 67% chance, probability, likelyhood that the DL will be just fine, ok.

So I and others TRUST in that probability, likelyhood, in CML, Phelps.

The DL will be ok.

5 to 8 wins.

With 7 wins most likely.

Only getting 1 to 4 wins wont happen.

So Ed forget about the past. Discard your Iron Laws of the past.

They dont apply now.

This is the present, and the future.

A present, future where CML wins 6+ to 9+ games every year, either RELOADS, SMALL rebuilds, and only 1 5 win, no bowl once every 6,7 years

GONE is the days of 9-40, 5,6 wins, no bowl, 1 bowl every 2,3,4 years.

The DL will be ok ENOUGH to win at least 5,6,7,8 games.

So dont worry, forget the past, look forward to, enjoy the present, future.

I'm usually a lurker, dont know as much about football as most of you here, so dont post as much, or at all, but my eyes are rolling at 1. Ed. 2. Ed, Yaki, Tron.

Ed:

I know that Yaki, tron, others are right in that you are stuck in the past, in your iron laws, etc.

With CML, GONE are the days of either he who shall not be named, doba, price, where 9-40, 5-6 no bowl, 1 bowl game every 2,3,4 years of price. Yes price got to 2 rosebowls, and 3 10 win seasons, but on average price got to 1 bowl every 2,3,4 seasons.

That has or will be reversed into 1 no bowl, or 5 win season every 3,4,5,6 years.

This is because:

3. Good recruiting.

Yes Mike Price had top 25 classes. Those were not the norm, but rather the exception. Yes Price recruited what would have been 4,5 stars back then, before star system, but those were also not the norm, were the exception, and he USUALLY didnt have 3,4,5 4 star players in a class, like CML, and instead USUALLY only had 0,1 4 stars per class at best.

Yes CML's classes have been ranked 43 to 63, but what some don't get about that, is that last year's 40 to 60 ranked class which seems like a bad to acerage ranking had 3,4,5 .4 stars, lots of high end 3 stars, only 0,1,2,3. 2 stars.

In previous years that class would have been ranked 20 to 40 instead of 40 to 60.

The fact of the matter is that WSU could get 4 to 7, 4 stars, rest high end 3 stars have the 16th ranked class and still finish 9th in the pac 12 in recruiting.

What some dont get is that as long as your class is 40 to 60 ranked, and as long as high end 3 stars in class, and as long as good evaluator of talent, good at coach up, development, have good system, etc, like CML, that 3 star, 40 to 60 rank is GOOD ENOUGH to CONSISTENTLY COMPETE, DO WELL ON A REGULAR CONSISTENT BASIS.

So when it comes to whether this years DL will be ok, fine. The answer is yes the DL will be fine, ok.

Why?

2. The talent level

6. Even if the above were to not be true, Phelps and Claeys, are good enough at scheme, system, to cover up, hide, minimize weakness, and maximize limited strength, to where the DL would be fine.

But that is not likely.

There is about 59% to 67% chance, probability, likelyhood that the DL will be just fine, ok.

The DL will be ok.

5 to 8 wins.

With 7 wins most likely.

They dont apply now.

A present, future where CML wins 6+ to 9+ games every year, either RELOADS, SMALL rebuilds, and only 1 5 win, no bowl once every 6,7 years

Mikalas several thoughts. I enjoy Cougar football-period. Whether it is past future or present. So I don’t need to be told to enjoy a cougar football.

Second, iron laws are a myth. Just because you say it like other doesn’t make it any more true. It goes to probability . Do you believe a defensive coordinator calls plays randomly or do they look at stats and history .

Just as I look at the history of a walkon starting and being effective along the dline. Can you name me 10 walkons at dline that have started and been successful at any school . I can think of one at WSU and it was kongika. And that is not to say comfort won’t be a stand out, but I haven’t seen him take one snap yet . And if we are being honest he wouldn’t be playing if tapa was around .

Because of recruiting (read that has a small class in 14) attrition it raises a concern along d line in terms of experience and depth.

I have seen really good coaching in my time following WSU . Del Wight, Andre Patterson mike walker and joe s. And if there was either a talent shortage or experience shortage it was cause for concern .

But whether we are 3-9 or 9-3 I will enjoy my time following the cougs . And if we finish higher than 6-6 I will be pleasantly surprised and happy as can be .

Last edited:
I understand that Lolohea is a JC transfer but I think for the D-Line, we should really be scouting JC's even more with how difficult it seems to attract high caliber DT's out of highschool to WSU. I honestly think that is best place to get them due to a couple factors: Grades seem to be an issue for a lot athletes coming out highschool and even more so for lineman (not saying lineman are dumb, just feel like I am stating the obvious). I also believe that a lot of these guys are under-recruited coming out of highschool due to the school they played at, the scheme the coaches ran and most importantly, physical development. Another thing to note about going the JC route as a player, it requires a ton more dedication to the game and improving yourself due to the demographics of playing JC ball. Not every state has that option available and just to get to that point, requires (for most) a lot travel, crappy living conditions and even more time in the classroom not to mention being on your own in terms of conditioning and training.

I understand that Lolohea is a JC transfer but I think for the D-Line, we should really be scouting JC's even more with how difficult it seems to attract high caliber DT's out of highschool to WSU. I honestly think that is best place to get them due to a couple factors: Grades seem to be an issue for a lot athletes coming out highschool and even more so for lineman (not saying lineman are dumb, just feel like I am stating the obvious). I also believe that a lot of these guys are under-recruited coming out of highschool due to the school they played at, the scheme the coaches ran and most importantly, physical development. Another thing to note about going the JC route as a player, it requires a ton more dedication to the game and improving yourself due to the demographics of playing JC ball. Not every state has that option available and just to get to that point, requires (for most) a lot travel, crappy living conditions and even more time in the classroom not to mention being on your own in terms of conditioning and training.

McDougle helps. But for at least the 2019 class, hopefully Leach will take the same approach to the DL that he takes with the OL. Three DTs. One JC and two HS. If any of them are questionable due to grades or whatever, take four.

Reactions: Fab5Coug

Ed:

This is because:

3. Good recruiting.

Why?

2. The talent level

But that is not likely.

The DL will be ok.

5 to 8 wins.

With 7 wins most likely.

They dont apply now.

Man, why’d you have to pull the dead cat out of the dumpster?

Reactions: Slowmotionjones
Fingerdisco, the cat was already out of the dumpster. Ed, Tron, Yaki have, had resumed their decade long forum dumpster fire that has been a eyesore, that me, others, not named Ed, Yaki, Tron, are sick, tired of, rolling our eyes at constantly seeing.

Ed is locked in his irrational, illogicalness, that not only continues to defend he who shall not be named years afterward, but is seeming stuck in past, fails to recognize the past, present success of CML, and how that is a indicator of what is, or should be in stock for the present, future. And he stubbornly argues against Spockian, Vulcan like logic, reason, facts, etc, from almost all the posters on thia forum.

But as much as Ed drives the forum nuts, crazy, causes us to all roll our eyes at him, that is his right. And if that was his ONLY problem, that would be one thing.

But he Ed also behaves just, almost as bad, as Yaki, Tron does towards him, others, which when added to the above about him, makes it even worse.

And then there is Yaki, and Tron. Both of them are very smart, intelligent, articulate, use logic, reason, factual, would make very good lawyers, debaters, win their debates, know a lot, share a lot of great stuff about cougar football, BUT that often gets drowned out by the bad behavior they throw Ed's and other's way, that then starts a bad eyesore dumpster fire that turns the whole forum into a big dumpster fire.

But it is not just their fault, as Ed, others join in, and it is not just Ed's fault either, as as soon as Ed says anything even close to remotely eye rolling, Yaki, Tron, others, join in.

I and others are just sick of it all, the dumpster fire between Ed, Yaki, Tron, and want it to stop, and or to let them know how annoying it is.

Ed: You know or should know how the illogical things you say, or flawed logic at best, that you say, causes people to roll their eyes, etc.

Say it once, twice, a few tines, then drop it, be done with it, as you have made your point.

And if Yaki, Tron throw crap at you, either ignore it, or defend yourself once at most, then drop it, move on.

Yaki, Tron: I understand, get how you feel, how you react to Ed's comments. If you want, you can throw your vaulted logic at him.

Doing that will make Ed's arguments look silly enough. I and others will see that you win your debates against Ed.

But when, if you do that, you only need to do it 1,2,3 times, then drop it, move on.

And when, if you do that, please stop the vad behavior with all the insults, name calling, over and over nonstop.

It gets old, and eye rolling.

So please Ed, Yaki, Tron, please stop this crap, because it takes away from the good stuff you say, share, and makes the forums bad.

But if you dont stop, I guess I will try to do what everyone trys to do here, and ignore the dumpster fire, whenever it starts up again.

I guess the reason I said anything now, is that with even being a lurker, it was getting too frustrating, eye rolling, tiring, etc, to the point where I felt like I had to say something in order to not only get it out of my system, but to try to help.

If I have offended anyone, especially Ed, Yaki, Tron, then sorry, not my intent. But I am trying to tell the truth here.

Now that I have said this, I plan to not say anymore about this, drop it, move on, ignore if I can, have to.

Now with that out of the way, hopefully we can all get back to some good football discussion, the kind I like reading as a lurker.

Go cougs.

Fingerdisco, the cat was already out of the dumpster. Ed, Tron, Yaki have, had resumed their decade long forum dumpster fire that has been a eyesore, that me, others, not named Ed, Yaki, Tron, are sick, tired of, rolling our eyes at constantly seeing.

Ed is locked in his irrational, illogicalness, that not only continues to defend he who shall not be named years afterward, but is seeming stuck in past, fails to recognize the past, present success of CML, and how that is a indicator of what is, or should be in stock for the present, future. And he stubbornly argues against Spockian, Vulcan like logic, reason, facts, etc, from almost all the posters on thia forum.

But as much as Ed drives the forum nuts, crazy, causes us to all roll our eyes at him, that is his right. And if that was his ONLY problem, that would be one thing.

But he Ed also behaves just, almost as bad, as Yaki, Tron does towards him, others, which when added to the above about him, makes it even worse.

And then there is Yaki, and Tron. Both of them are very smart, intelligent, articulate, use logic, reason, factual, would make very good lawyers, debaters, win their debates, know a lot, share a lot of great stuff about cougar football, BUT that often gets drowned out by the bad behavior they throw Ed's and other's way, that then starts a bad eyesore dumpster fire that turns the whole forum into a big dumpster fire.

But it is not just their fault, as Ed, others join in, and it is not just Ed's fault either, as as soon as Ed says anything even close to remotely eye rolling, Yaki, Tron, others, join in.

I and others are just sick of it all, the dumpster fire between Ed, Yaki, Tron, and want it to stop, and or to let them know how annoying it is.

Ed: You know or should know how the illogical things you say, or flawed logic at best, that you say, causes people to roll their eyes, etc.

Say it once, twice, a few tines, then drop it, be done with it, as you have made your point.

And if Yaki, Tron throw crap at you, either ignore it, or defend yourself once at most, then drop it, move on.

Yaki, Tron: I understand, get how you feel, how you react to Ed's comments. If you want, you can throw your vaulted logic at him.

Doing that will make Ed's arguments look silly enough. I and others will see that you win your debates against Ed.

But when, if you do that, you only need to do it 1,2,3 times, then drop it, move on.

And when, if you do that, please stop the vad behavior with all the insults, name calling, over and over nonstop.

So please Ed, Yaki, Tron, please stop this crap, because it takes away from the good stuff you say, share, and makes the forums bad.

But if you dont stop, I guess I will try to do what everyone trys to do here, and ignore the dumpster fire, whenever it starts up again.

I guess the reason I said anything now, is that with even being a lurker, it was getting too frustrating, eye rolling, tiring, etc, to the point where I felt like I had to say something in order to not only get it out of my system, but to try to help.

If I have offended anyone, especially Ed, Yaki, Tron, then sorry, not my intent. But I am trying to tell the truth here.

Now that I have said this, I plan to not say anymore about this, drop it, move on, ignore if I can, have to.

Now with that out of the way, hopefully we can all get back to some good football discussion, the kind I like reading as a lurker.

Go cougs.
I hear ya, but most of the time pulling the turd out of the bowl and flipping it into the center of the room just adds to the stink.

I hear ya, but most of the time pulling the turd out of the bowl and flipping it into the center of the room just adds to the stink.

When these guys get going I just think of the family dinner SNL sketches...

23bb96f9e9b9149fc5e277b884dc86b2.jpg

Seriously, take out 'Dodge Stratus' and insert 'Paul Wulff,' and this is every thread that touches on the past decade of WSU football on these boards:

Does this mean you won't be using your bus pass to take your date to a Wazzu Watch meet and greet with strangers to have a beer with Ed?

Go cougs.

Last edited:
Actually I am married now. And I will either take the cougar bus, or get a ride from somebody, or take me and my wife's Saturn car, once we get it fixed up.

And me, SD coug, Kayak had a great time. We went to the main cougar bar in town. Enjoyed WSU beating Colorado.

Also whether I'll go depends a lot on my wife and our 6 year old daughter.

If can work that out with them, either them also going, or me going by myself. Then I will might probably go.

If I do try to go. I'll offer to DJ a tailgate party with my $599 DJ system, and over 333 songs in my collection, for, if anybody has a tailgate, wants to do a tailgate party.

I would do it free of charge, as I would normally charge $75 to $165 depending on the size of the party.

All I would ask is if I would need help with getting a ride to a, the game with me, my DJ equipment, and maybe a ticket to the game, if I hadnt already bought a ticket to the game by then.

To show I am legit, serious, not making this up, etc. I can post a pic of my DJ equipment, a pic of the last dance I did for $400, and can post a link to my facebook page, and some song links to you tube song videos, of some of the songs in my collection. And post my email, etc.

Reactions: Cougatron
Yup the coaching has improved and the defensive line play is much better. Some people just do not want to admit thet the cougs now have better coaches

Yup the coaching has improved and the defensive line play is much better. Some people just do not want to admit thet the cougs now have better coaches

Who doesn’t want to admit it, and how would any of us know that we have better coaches at this point?

Do you really believe Phelps is this huge upgrade over Joe Salaveaa?

Go cougs.

Dj Mik....first I want to apologize to you If my behavior in regards to my discussions with Tron and yaki were delivered in the same classless way as “can’t wait until you are dead”, “you are a disease” or pictures of mentality incapacitated people shown as memes.

As to your comments I get them . You say have faith. That I should assume they are reloading along the dline . I would ask you to point to a post since 2011 of mine that I was concerned about the dline. I haven’t been .But 2014 and even 2015 there isn’t a lot of help in those classes, at least not that we have seen.

And I do think Phelps is a good coach. I think Joe S is a good coach as well. But you got me thinking . I really don’t know much about Phelps so I went back and looked it up . I just wanted to see his record and he had success at every level every year . Well the first part of his career I would say no, at least coaching dlinemen. But it looks like he got it going at NIU and started to have success then I believe he was hired at Minn in 2010. I would say the first three years when they had inexperience or little talent his coaching was unable to make up the difference . He really got it going the last two years he was at Minn, but why the slow start.

Which brings me to talent and as to why I ask the questions I do. Not to be a downer but has any of these kids played . Are they talented ? Take the two jc kids, how many pac 12 offers did they have . What were the next best offers . Now I will be the first one to say I have always trusted coaching evaluation over the offer and star system if they have proven to be good evaluators . I think leach getting gauta out of the gate, then barber destiny herc and a productive mcbroom tell me I should trust him . But I do believe there is a learning curve so they may be more talented than the group that just left, but inexperience may be cause for concern .

But since leach has been here I have not once worried about the dline .But I will tell you that lack of experience and maybe even talent may be a reason we don’t get to 8-9 wins, and if we can’t outscore people if they do struggle we could be a 5-6 win team .

In any case I will enjoy the season. Especially if we play well in the Apple Cup.

Last edited:
Thanks Ed, more of those kind of post.

What you said was reasonable. 5,6 wins is a reasonable possibility. The DL, combined with other issues might cause 5,6,7 wins.

The reason why Yaki,Tron, Me, others were having a problem with what you were saying about the DL, is it seemed that you were saying, suggesting 2,3,4 win season because of the DL.

If that had been what you had been suggesting, that would not have been reasonable according to logic, reason, facts, etc.

But thanks for the clarification, and me, others should have asked for clarification.

I don't know a lot about the DL. But what I do know, have good reason to believe:

EITHER:

1. Phelps is a good coach that usually produces a good DL every year.

2. Phelps is a superior teacher at teaching superior technique.

3. Phelps is great at developing.

4. Phelps and Claeys, are great at scheme, hiding, covering up, minimizing weakness, maximizing limited strengths.

5. Phelps, Claeys, CML, other assistant coaches are great recruiters in BOTH either beating out others for recruits, evaluating under the radar, diamond in the rough talent, developing talent.

6. The players have or will have probably improved from last year, and or will probably improve as the season goes on.

Bottom line is that CML, Claeys, Phelp, will PROBABLY find a way to get it done.

Either scheme is used to hide, min/max strength/weakness.

Or improvement will happen

Or they are or will be talented enough.

Or the DL will be just barely by skin of teeth be good enough combined with offensive production.

Or the Offense will score enough.

But even if that doesnt happen and the DL is bad, they would still win a likely 5,6,7 wins.

2,3,4 wins is just not likely, probably wont happen.

Only about a 3% chance of 2,3 wins, and maybe about a 9% to 17% chance of 4 wins. And about 18 to 33% chance of 5 wins, about 34 to 44% chance at 6 wins. 45 to 55% chance of 7 wins. About 17 to 33% chance of 8 wins. 9 to 17% chance of 9 wins. 4 to 8% chance at 10 wins, 2,3% chance at 11 wins.

Only semi likely way 4.5 wins or less happens is if MASSIVE number of injuries happen, at some to a lot of offensive, defensive positions, AND WHILE IF the back ups, depth is not good enough.

And if 5,6 wins happen:

That would be pretty good, ok for a SMALL rebuild year.

In the past, there would be 1,2,3 years of only 2,3,4 wins per year, until the next 6,7,8,9,10 win, bowl game year.

Now its 5,6 wins at likely worst, and 7 wins average, 8 wins at best for a 1,2 year SMALL reload, rebuild, and then 8,9,10 wins the next year.

Thats why me, others say the DL is fine, will be ok, is because in any reload, SMALL rebuild year where get a likely 5,6,7 wins, the DL was just barely ok enough to get you that 5,6,7 wins, no matter how good or bad the DL actually was or was not.

Thats why the DL is fine, or will be fine.

Thats why me, others are not worried about it.

I'm not worried, say the DL will be just fine, because the DL will be ok enough to get 5,6,7,8 wins with 7 wins the most likely.

i respected Salavea as a coach and recruiter. However i do think that Phelps is big upgrade as a defensive line coach.Can he recruit? we ill find out this year.

i respected Salavea as a coach and recruiter. However i do think that Phelps is big upgrade as a defensive line coach.Can he recruit? we ill find out this year.

Well, with Lolohea's departure, it appears he can't keep what he does recruit. Perhaps this was unavoidable. It's hard to say. The early sourcing for this story was somewhat iffy.

Last edited:
Ouch that might hurt losing Lolo.

Lolo might have left because of the sometimes typical JC 1st year adjustment period that may have put him #2,#3 on the depth chart, which may have caused him to want to leave.

If thats the case, combined with, since Lolo was highly recruited by other top programs, was a high end 3 star, then this, that might probably not be on Phelps.

But whether it is or is not on Phelps, it still hurts.

It hurts the depth for this year.

Good thing McDougle will probably be playing next year, and that most to almost all the DL will probably be coming back next year.

In the mid to long term this probably wont hurt much, if at all.

Ouch that might hurt losing Lolo.

Lolo might have left because of the sometimes typical JC 1st year adjustment period that may have put him #2,#3 on the depth chart, which may have caused him to want to leave.

If thats the case, combined with, since Lolo was highly recruited by other top programs, was a high end 3 star, then this, that might probably not be on Phelps.

But whether it is or is not on Phelps, it still hurts.

It hurts the depth for this year.

Good thing McDougle will probably be playing next year, and that most to almost all the DL will probably be coming back next year.

In the mid to long term this probably wont hurt much, if at all.

McDougle, Hobbs, Echevarria, Crowder, and whoever else they bring in at least provide a solid rotation.

I hope Comfort is all they say he is. i have problems with experienced guys who only start their senior year. I was hoping that pono would be an upgrade. If teams start moving Comfort out on every play then the coaching staff made the wrong choice.

I hope Comfort is all they say he is. i have problems with experienced guys who only start their senior year. I was hoping that pono would be an upgrade. If teams start moving Comfort out on every play then the coaching staff made the wrong choice.

Or Lolohea did.

Reactions: CougEd
What life experiences does Jlo have that would say trust him over Phelps

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN

Or Lolohea did.

Huh? Just what wrong choice did the coaching staff make 2 weeks before the first game, when no starting lineup has been announced? And no in-game performances have been judged?

This Pono guy makes no sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT