ADVERTISEMENT

Let's pivot to the new Pac-12...(or a TBD name)

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Members:
1. WSU (SEA mkt)
2. OSU (Portland)
3. SJSU (Bay area)
4. Fresno (Central Cal/LA)
5. SDSU (SD market)
6. UNLV (Vegas).
7. CSU (Denver)
8. SMU (Dallas)
9. Rice (Houston)
10. Memphis (TN)
11. Tulane (NOLA)
12. Boise St. (ID)

You have a respectable conference there.

Members:
1. WSU (SEA mkt)
2. OSU (Portland)
3. SJSU (Bay area)
5. SDSU (SD market)
6. UNLV (Vegas).
7. CSU (Denver)
8. SMU (Dallas)
9. Rice (Houston)
10. Memphis (TN)
11. Tulane (NOLA)
12. Boise St. (ID)

Where do you think Cal and Stanford are going?

The assumption right now, UA, ASU, Utah to Big-12.

Big-10 is adding UW, Oregon, Cal and Stanford on the cheap.

OSU and WSU have no home, unless we get thrown a bone by the Big-12. The "bone" would be for a lot less money is my guess.

Members:
1. WSU (SEA mkt)
2. OSU (Portland)
3. SJSU (Bay area)
5. SDSU (SD market)
6. UNLV (Vegas).
7. CSU (Denver)
8. SMU (Dallas)
9. Rice (Houston)
10. Memphis (TN)
11. Tulane (NOLA)
12. Boise St. (ID)

A more likely result is that OSU and WSU just join the MWC as it is today. Unless you get big TV money ($30 million+ per year) you can't afford to be spread across the country. Teams 8 through 11 in your list don't make sense with a payout that's less than $10 million per year.

It doesn't help that every school you listed is second, third or fourth fiddle to some other team in those metropolitan areas. Boise State is the only exception and that's because Boise is still podunk by major market standards.

Members:
1. WSU (SEA mkt)
2. OSU (Portland)
3. SJSU (Bay area)
5. SDSU (SD market)
6. UNLV (Vegas).
7. CSU (Denver)
8. SMU (Dallas)
9. Rice (Houston)
10. Memphis (TN)
11. Tulane (NOLA)
12. Boise St. (ID)

Count me out. I'm done watching.

I don’t think anyone should assume the sky is falling until numbers are confirmed. The reports yesterday were contradictory - nobody was going to be ‘energized and excited’ (or whatever the words were) about $19.7M. And now, nobody’s reporting numbers, they’re just continuing to say the deal isn’t finished and assuming the worst. And they’re embellishing the Big 10 expansion story. The B10 had a discussion about whether they would want to expand further IF the PAC-12 folded, and reports make it sound like they’re getting invitations engraved. And there’s nothing new on Cal & Stanford, those are all recycled rumors from last spring.

Believing news reports on their face and not looking deeper just leads to panic & paranoia - which is exactly what media wants. And it’s why Americans are shitty voters.

I don’t think anyone should assume the sky is falling until numbers are confirmed. The reports yesterday were contradictory - nobody was going to be ‘energized and excited’ (or whatever the words were) about $19.7M. And now, nobody’s reporting numbers, they’re just continuing to say the deal isn’t finished and assuming the worst. And they’re embellishing the Big 10 expansion story. The B10 had a discussion about whether they would want to expand further IF the PAC-12 folded, and reports make it sound like they’re getting invitations engraved. And there’s nothing new on Cal & Stanford, those are all recycled rumors from last spring.

Believing news reports on their face and not looking deeper just leads to panic & paranoia - which is exactly what media wants. And it’s why Americans are shitty voters.
What we know for certain is, George, at the presidents direction, gave them a run down of what is on the table after a year of negotiation, and there was no agreement, despite UCLA, USC Colorado having already bolted for the door, and there was no press release that the deal is near, that it is meeting expectations and that the remaining members we be staying. FOX and ESPN are on record that they aren't interested. Yes, the threat of disbandment could be an negotiating tactic by the members, but anyway you cut it the situation doesn't look good.

Reports of the Big12 being intersted in WSU were pure propaganda to move the 4 corners schools but I think it’s worked. The BIG wouldn’t be doing their due diligence if they didn’t consider picking up the scraps but I don’t see them moving on that necessarily, especially when it comes to Stanford and Cal. I can definitely see a scenario with WSU, Cal, OSU and Stanford left behind. Also saw a rumor that they may pick Stanford over Oregon if they only wanted 2 schools.

Okay, I'll bite.
Did you watch the shit show of a bowl game against CSU? And then proceed to watch the shit show of a bowl game against Air Force? And then grab a beer and punish yourself a third time with Fresno State?

Did you watch the shit show of a bowl game against CSU? And then proceed to watch the shit show of a bowl game against Air Force? And then grab a beer and punish yourself a third time with Fresno State?
I watched about 2Q of the possible 12 (CSU bowl game 1H).

I watched about 2Q of the possible 12 (CSU bowl game 1H).
Alright my bad then. Apparently I like the punishment more than you do.

I tell myself I will be done watching but I know that’s not the case. I will however likely be done watching other CFB games outside of maybe the playoff. I haven’t watched the NBA since the Sonics left. This hits the same way.

Alright my bad then. Apparently I like the punishment more than you do.

I tell myself I will be done watching but I know that’s not the case. I will however likely be done watching other CFB games outside of maybe the playoff. I haven’t watched the NBA since the Sonics left. This hits the same way.
I thought the same, but I found it wasn't too hard to let go either.

I now live in an area with a big national program, so I'll go to games just to see what it's all about, but it's more of seeing and understanding the experience than having any emotional connection on CFB now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT