ADVERTISEMENT

Listening to Brock & Salk this morning

dgibbons

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2002
They were saying that Haener is ahead of Eason, but debating whether if it's close the guy with more upside (Eason) should start ahead of the guy that performs more consistently. Many purple souls must be crushed by this news, since Eason was going to lead them to several dozen national championships and win like 20 Heismans.

Or they just have no idea what the coach speak means in the Seattle media.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
They were saying that Haener is ahead of Eason, but debating whether if it's close the guy with more upside (Eason) should start ahead of the guy that performs more consistently. Many purple souls must be crushed by this news, since Eason was going to lead them to several dozen national championships and win like 20 Heismans.

They found a break to talk about something besides Russell Wilson's contract & the Seahawks?

They found a break to talk about something besides Russell Wilson's contract & the Seahawks?
I love RW and the Seahawks, but I'm taking the day off from Seattle Sports Radio exactly because of this! Its nauseating hearing them rehash the same 2 minute convo over and over.

What's this "coach speak" you refer to? I'm sure they are recruiting at levels never seen before...

I’ve been saying it since the news of Eason transferring. Jacob “Stump” Eason is not the savior. He’s innacurate, slow, and makes poor decisions. Haener has the feet necessary to run the Washington Offense. He’ll be the starter. Depth is a major issue behind Haener. No one is standing out. The two 4 star local kids have failed to develop, or were overhyped by the Fetters/Grinolds machine. Sirmon will most likely change positions and Yankoff has been relegated to scout team QB. This is a rebuilding year for UW.

I’ve been saying it since the news of Eason transferring. Jacob “Stump” Eason is not the savior. He’s innacurate, slow, and makes poor decisions. Haener has the feet necessary to run the Washington Offense. He’ll be the starter. Depth is a major issue behind Haener. No one is standing out. The two 4 star local kids have failed to develop, or were overhyped by the Fetters/Grinolds machine. Sirmon will most likely change positions and Yankoff has been relegated to scout team QB. This is a rebuilding year for UW.

Not sure about all of that regarding Eason, however never thought that he was a Petersen type game manager QB. Highly doubt he would have ended up there other than location. A big time QB with only a couple of years to play is not really the Petersen way. I am sure he would be more comfortable starting this other guy for the next 3 years like the Browning/ Moore model.

It will be very interesting to see how this one plays out, doubt Eason will take well to riding the pine.

Even though Eason was beaten out by a really good QB at Georgia, I’m always skeptical about taking on underclassmen who couldn’t win the job at their school. I know that’s unfair sometimes, and there are examples of kids transferring away and starring for another program, but it seems more likely that they never really catch on anywhere else.

Eason could wind up winning the job at UW, but I would wager that Haener is a better fit for them.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT