ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Luke fired at Ole Miss

so far Boston College, USF, Missouri , Ole Miss and Helton/USC swinging by a thread. Iowa State, Michigan State are going to open up as well.

This is going to be a interesting year.

so far Boston College, USF, Missouri , Ole Miss and Helton/USC swinging by a thread. Iowa State, Michigan State are going to open up as well.

Chipster may be done at UCLA as well.

I’m guessing Minnesota’s coach gets nabbed early

I’m guessing Minnesota’s coach gets nabbed early
Fleck is probably the biggest name other than Meyer and Franklin but he just signed a 6 year deal. Whats come open so far would be lateral moves.....but Penn State im sure would look at him.

Missouri meh you guys know Strek, hes got a search firm but I look for them to make a real uninspiring hire.

Campbell is on everybodys list, Arkansas just offered him and FSU has him in their final 3-4, he will go somewhere

Mississippi is another potential landing spot for Leach.

They all are. If he wants to leave he will take one of them. Same as every year.

If youre going to the SEC, better take a job that has just as much or more resources than the big boys. Otherwise you’ll be a 4th place coach at best.

FWIW, I think the ACC is prob where he eventually lands, if he leaves.

I don't think leach would look at lateral moves, makes no sense. Most of the schools listed so far aren't positioned any better than WSU. Based on what hes established they are worse.

Arkansas has a lot of money, great facilities and they have a strong history-I can see the possible draw, but I think that position is already filled by Kiffin , Campbell or Fuente.

as of last update Arkansas is going to hire kiffin

Mike Norvell at Memphis is going to get one of those jobs.

It seems like a real odd fit and a longshot, but Boston College is in the ACC and could be real competitive in a conference that is wide open after Clemson. Might they ask about Leach and would he consider it? It's going to be an interesting next few weeks in the world of NCAA coaching.

Glad Cougar

It seems like a real odd fit and a longshot, but Boston College is in the ACC and could be real competitive in a conference that is wide open after Clemson. Might they ask about Leach and would he consider it? It's going to be an interesting next few weeks in the world of NCAA coaching.

Glad Cougar

The ACC has some interesting schools. It doesnt have as many huge $ programs as some other conferences. Miami and FSU are down. Clemson is darn good tho. You could take the BC job and make some noise there. Prob land similar classes to WSU. Maybe land a few more 4 star kids tho with the brand name of BC.

I think BC salary is not good(private catholic school), even ND pays Kelly less than 2 million. Leach has no recruiting base in Mass, hes got Texas and California and a little Fla, Ga. He looked at Maryland before WSU because hes buds with the UnderArmour founder but again is BC a lateral move ? I think its a downward move.

Norvell is a good coach and will bring a lot of the same things Leach would but hes younger-hes high up on a lot of schools lists. INSANE that Arkansas passed on Norvell 2 years ago for Chad Morris who was 14-22 at SMU. I honestly think many of us on this board could make better hires than many of these schools-especially Arkansas. Really the hiring of coaches is their main job, and they miss badly.

I think BC salary is not good(private catholic school), even ND pays Kelly less than 2 million. Leach has no recruiting base in Mass, hes got Texas and California and a little Fla, Ga. He looked at Maryland before WSU because hes buds with the UnderArmour founder but again is BC a lateral move ? I think its a downward move.

Norvell is a good coach and will bring a lot of the same things Leach would but hes younger-hes high up on a lot of schools lists. INSANE that Arkansas passed on Norvell 2 years ago for Chad Morris who was 14-22 at SMU. I honestly think many of us on this board could make better hires than many of these schools-especially Arkansas. Really the hiring of coaches is their main job, and they miss badly.

All this is reasonable but I guarantee Kelly's comp is more than the reported $2.1m. Probably a situation where that's his base salary and then he has some kind of other compensation. I've seen it rumored his comp is more like $4m.

None of this is to say BC is an attractive job, though, especially for Leach.

BTW, what's the obsession with Matt Campbell? On track for his third straight 8-5 year. I get that it's Iowa State and he turned them around after initially going 3-9, and I think he's a good coach, but I don't see why he's touted as being the next big thing.

agree, Kelly has to be getting a lot of outside pay. I don't see that happening at BC.

I agree on Campbell, if you look at what Leach did at Texas Tech its much more impressive than Campbell and that's back when the big 12 south was really good. I don't know what the obsession is ? He is a good coach but FSU good ? id take Leach over him, especially since his offense appears to be conventional and balanced-really more of a big ten fit imo, he or fickell would be good fits for Michigan state.
The offensive systems the coach uses needs to be looked at when hiring a coach, dumbass Arkansas hired Brett Bielema, a Wisconsin power run game guy and put him in the sec west. Predictably it failed against Lsu, alabama and auburn defenses. This was right after bobby petrino had them ranked #5 with a wide open passing attack. Its no different than Leach and wsu, is he going to beat USC and Oregon running the power I with 2 and 3 star guys ? of course not.

Glad Cougar
BC is too PC, they won’t hire Leach

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT