ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Kiper

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
Im listening to Mel Kiper this morning on the way to work. He and his co host are talking about the PAC 12 and who they like.

Stanford and uw are the teams they like. I start to think.... "If the QB position is so important, wouldn't it make sense to think a little more highly of the teams with veteran QBs???"

Oregon, OSU, uw, Stanford, Cal are all light years behind WSU at the QB position.

WSU wins PAC 12 North. Goes to championship game, then Rose Bowl.

You read it here first.

Im listening to Mel Kiper this morning on the way to work. He and his co host are talking about the PAC 12 and who they like.

Stanford and uw are the teams they like. I start to think.... "If the QB position is so important, wouldn't it make sense to think a little more highly of the teams with veteran QBs???"

Oregon, OSU, uw, Stanford, Cal are all light years behind WSU at the QB position.

You read it here first.
If QB play is what matters it's gonna be WSU vs UCLA in the championship game

You read it here first.

QB play is important but it isn't everything. A guy named John Elway being the best example. I do like our chances at winning the north if our defensive line play is up to snuff this year.

QB play is important but it isn't everything. A guy named John Elway being the best example. I do like our chances at winning the north if our defensive line play is up to snuff this year.

It also depends on how you play your QB. There are game manager QB's and there are QB's with whom the offense is built around.

WSU has an offense that the offense is built around the QB. Elway played in a time that QB play was entirely different than today's football.

It also depends on how you play your QB. There are game manager QB's and there are QB's with whom the offense is built around.

WSU has an offense that the offense is built around the QB. Elway played in a time that QB play was entirely different than today's football.

WSU is certainly a team that benefits from top flight QB play. Jake Locker played at UW in their darkest days but had 23 starts in the NFL and was regarded as one of the better QB's in the conference when he was playing for the mutts. I like our chances if our defense holds up because Falk is certainly a good QB. Utah is a good example of Biggs point about the importance of QB play. They would be a perennial Top 20 team if their QB play wasn't so terrible. They have a very solid program with a very good coach but have had mediocre play at QB. I don't know that WSU has reached Utah's level of overall stability just yet. Hope so though.

I thought Stanford, Utah, and much of the SEC had shown us that you don't need a quarterback at all to string together a decent season. A strong OL and DL can spot you a 0.500 season with Bernie Lomax back there on a handtruck.

Reactions: YakiCoug
I thought Stanford, Utah, and much of the SEC had shown us that you don't need a quarterback at all to string together a decent season. A strong OL and DL can spot you a 0.500 season with Bernie Lomax back there on a handtruck.

In other words, the game is mostly won and lost in the trenches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT