ADVERTISEMENT

Minshew named to the Pro Bowl!

Yeah, and they'll use anything they can come up with as a knock on him. This season, it's the fumbles.

I counter that argument by pointing out he was on a team with a mediocre or worse OL, and he was sacked 34 times. He had 8 fumbles, 6 of those were sack fumbles. He lost 5 fumbles.

Who else had 8 fumbles? CJ Stroud and Baker Mayfield, both of whom people are crowing about their great seasons. Who had more than 8 fumbles? 11 QBs. I won't list them all, but you've heard of them. Just a few: Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jordan Love, and Jalen Hurts. Nobody's talking any of them down. Hell, Kirk Cousins had 7 fumbles in only 8 games and damn near everyone thinks the Vikings should re-sign him.

Tua, Hurts, and WIlson also lost 5 fumbles. 6 QBs lost more, including Lawrence (7) and Jackson (6).

When you look at that, it's pretty ridiculous to hold GM's 8 fumbles against him. He threw for 3,300 yards on a team with only 1 1/2 reliable receivers and an inconsistent run game
Yeah I don’t get it. He’s not a top 17 QB but there’s certainly a half dozen starters he’s better than. And what makes him a value is he costs a fraction of what some of these other marginal QBs cost. Wilson, Tannehill garopollo, Daniel Jones, etc

Yeah I don’t get it. He’s not a top 17 QB but there’s certainly a half dozen starters he’s better than. And what makes him a value is he costs a fraction of what some of these other marginal QBs cost. Wilson, Tannehill garopollo, Daniel Jones, etc
Be interesting to see how good he'd be on a really good team.

I think some QB'S are over-fluffed while others never get a real chance due to shit squads

Be interesting to see how good he'd be on a really good team.

I think some QB'S are over-fluffed while others never get a real chance due to shit squads
I’ve said it before, Minshews not a whole lot different than Brock Purdy. Purdy has a stacked roster of weapons. Put him on some of those Minshew teams you’d probably see similar numbers. I’m not putting Purdy down, I like him, but most legit NFL starters would thrive with mccaffrey, kittle, Debo, Ayuk, a good line, and a dynamic play caller. Minshew would have that team in the SB too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT