ADVERTISEMENT

Minshew named to the Pro Bowl!

Unbelievable. Nobody will give him a chance to start and he’s in the pro bowl now? Never heard of something like that before.

A Pro Bowl appearance, and his numbers, stats, about 13 starts, leading team to playoffs, etc, will get Minshew a shot, chance at being the starter, instead of a back up, that gets to start, because starting QB got injured.

Somebody, some team, will give Minshew a shot at being THE STARTER, with a back up behind Minshew, this coming season, next season after this coming season, etc.

A Pro Bowl appearance, and his numbers, stats, about 13 starts, leading team to playoffs, etc, will get Minshew a shot, chance at being the starter, instead of a back up, that gets to start, because starting QB got injured.

Somebody, some team, will give Minshew a shot at being THE STARTER, with a back up behind Minshew, this coming season, next season after this coming season, etc.
Maybe. He’s put up numbers just as good before and wasn’t given a legit shot to start. Don’t think the fact that he gets to play in a flag football game in February is going to be the deciding factor.

Unbelievable. Nobody will give him a chance to start and he’s in the pro bowl now? Never heard of something like that before.
Just read an article on ESPN - wild speculation, of course - that suggests he’ll go to the Broncos to be their starter next year. Their rationale makes sense - Broncos will be tight on cap space after dumping Wilson, and they won’t be able to afford an established star, but GM fits what they want to do.

Very glad he's in it, but wow, the Pro Bowl is a complete joke at this point. Always was a half-assed thing at best due to opt-outs, injuries, no participation by the SB teams, nobody trying or caring about it, etc., but now is just absurd.

Very glad he's in it, but wow, the Pro Bowl is a complete joke at this point. Always was a half-assed thing at best due to opt-outs, injuries, no participation by the SB teams, nobody trying or caring about it, etc., but now is just absurd.
Completely agree. I hadn't watched it for years, and certainly will not tune in to this one. Whay don't they just put on a big party instead? Maybe get - let's see - Taylor Swift as a musical guest?

At least they aren’t trying to play a fake football game anymore. It was more of a joke when they had pads on and didn’t tackle.

Still it’s an achievement and hopefully it will help him land a starting job somewhere.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. No way the anointed ones like Justin Fields and Kyler Murray weren't above him in the voting, but they opted out.

Just read an article on ESPN - wild speculation, of course - that suggests he’ll go to the Broncos to be their starter next year. Their rationale makes sense - Broncos will be tight on cap space after dumping Wilson, and they won’t be able to afford an established star, but GM fits what they want to do.
Would love it, unfortunately 2 years too late. They should have made that move before giving up the farm for Russ. Would love to see Minshew in Denver but wouldn’t be a fair showing for him considering he’d be on a team in salary cap hell with a lot of backup caliber players starting. If Denver picks him up hope they would give him a 4-5 year deal to give him the opportunity to play once Wilson’s contract is off the books.

Reactions: 425cougfan
Would love it, unfortunately 2 years too late. They should have made that move before giving up the farm for Russ. Would love to see Minshew in Denver but wouldn’t be a fair showing for him considering he’d be on a team in salary cap hell with a lot of backup caliber players starting. If Denver picks him up hope they would give him a 4-5 year deal to give him the opportunity to play once Wilson’s contract is off the books.
THe speculation was 2 years, $14M guaranteed.

Honestly, at this point he's probably not going to get a much bigger offer. Question is, does he want to get paid and spend 2 years losing and getting beat up in Denver, or does he want to take a pay cut and play somewhere where he can at least finish the season?

Other places where I can see him going and starting in 2024:

- Minnesota, if they don't re-sign Cousins. They've got some serious talent at WR.
- New England. Same problems as Denver, and lots of questions now with a new coach coming in.
- Atlanta. They've got some pieces in place, but don't seem to know what to do with them. They're rumored to be thinking about Wilson though, and a new coach coming in there might want to make that move as his big splash.
- New Orleans. Derek Carr is getting old and he's expensive. They've got a serviceable offense.
- Seattle. New coach will have no loyalty to Geno, and while he's not the biggest problem their offense has, he also doesn't consistently raise their level
- Indy. Yes, he'd be slotted behind Richardson, but that guy got hurt 3 times in 4 games.
- LA. If I understand things right, the Rams would save money against the cap if they trade Stafford. And, we learned this season that they don't have a capable backup.
- Jacksonville. This is a longshot, but Lawrence hasn't turned into the star he was supposed to be. 2024 is the last year of his rookie deal, unless they exercise the 5th year option. If they do, he gets a fully guaranteed $22M for 2025 alone. Is he worth that, especially on a team that 4 years later still has glaring holes? I don't think so. If I'm GM in Jacksonville, I'm listening to offers and looking for a serviceable veteran who's not going to cost me games while I shore up the team around him.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. No way the anointed ones like Justin Fields and Kyler Murray weren't above him in the voting, but they opted out.
Fields and Murray play in the NFC, Minshew is AFC.

Top 3 for the AFC were Tua Tagovailoa, Lamar Jackson, and Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is out because he's in the Super Bowl. Jackson opted out for "personal reasons." CJ Stroud and Minshew were alternates named in place of Jackson & Mahomes.

The only other AFC QB this year that I think there's a strong argument to be ahead of Minshew is maybe Josh Allen.

Fields and Murray play in the NFC, Minshew is AFC.

Top 3 for the AFC were Tua Tagovailoa, Lamar Jackson, and Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is out because he's in the Super Bowl. Jackson opted out for "personal reasons." CJ Stroud and Minshew were alternates named in place of Jackson & Mahomes.

The only other AFC QB this year that I think there's a strong argument to be ahead of Minshew is maybe Josh Allen.
Yeah, i really screwed that one up. My mind KNOWS hes in the AFC but it kept going to NFC qb's. Getting old sucks, right Loyal?

Anyway, for AFC qb's who have been anointed and probably opted out: Lawrence, Herbert, Allen for sure (but he actually is good), Burrow, Watson, and can't forget A-A-Ron. But whatever, I'm happy for him and its at least a $42k bump. NEW USED-RV TIME!!

Honestly, at this point he's probably not going to get a much bigger offer. Question is, does he want to get paid and spend 2 years losing and getting beat up in Denver, or does he want to take a pay cut and play somewhere where he can at least finish the season?

- Minnesota, if they don't re-sign Cousins. They've got some serious talent at WR.
- New England. Same problems as Denver, and lots of questions now with a new coach coming in.
- Atlanta. They've got some pieces in place, but don't seem to know what to do with them. They're rumored to be thinking about Wilson though, and a new coach coming in there might want to make that move as his big splash.
- New Orleans. Derek Carr is getting old and he's expensive. They've got a serviceable offense.
- Seattle. New coach will have no loyalty to Geno, and while he's not the biggest problem their offense has, he also doesn't consistently raise their level
- Indy. Yes, he'd be slotted behind Richardson, but that guy got hurt 3 times in 4 games.
- LA. If I understand things right, the Rams would save money against the cap if they trade Stafford. And, we learned this season that they don't have a capable backup.
- Jacksonville. This is a longshot, but Lawrence hasn't turned into the star he was supposed to be. 2024 is the last year of his rookie deal, unless they exercise the 5th year option. If they do, he gets a fully guaranteed $22M for 2025 alone. Is he worth that, especially on a team that 4 years later still has glaring holes? I don't think so. If I'm GM in Jacksonville, I'm listening to offers and looking for a serviceable veteran who's not going to cost me games while I shore up the team around him.
I hate to say it but for a two year deal Denver’s the last place I’d go if I were him. They are going to have a depleted roster until Wilson’s contract is off the books. Go somewhere that has a solid roster in place and is a value QB away from a deep playoff run. Minnesota and Atlanta would be good. Also other places…Raiders, Bears ( if they trade out and end up with a bunch of picks)

Yeah, i really screwed that one up. My mind KNOWS hes in the AFC but it kept going to NFC qb's. Getting old sucks, right Loyal?

Anyway, for AFC qb's who have been anointed and probably opted out: Lawrence, Herbert, Allen for sure (but he actually is good), Burrow, Watson, and can't forget A-A-Ron. But whatever, I'm happy for him and its at least a $42k bump. NEW USED-RV TIME!!
OK, but....Burrow, Watson and Rogers got injured and missed most of the season, so scratch them. Herbert got hurt and missed the last month, and wasn't really having a good season (not entirely his fault, his team was awful). Lawrence could be in the discussion, but statistically he was actually better last year.

It's things like this that really make you realize how bad the QB play was in the AFC this season.

I would take the 2 years and $14 million.

Maybe. He’s put up numbers just as good before and wasn’t given a legit shot to start. Don’t think the fact that he gets to play in a flag football game in February is going to be the deciding factor.

EVERY Pro Bowl QB has probably been a starter in the entire history of the NFL.

If your good enough to be a PRO BALL ALL STAR, your good enough to start and go probably will start.

I hate to say it but for a two year deal Denver’s the last place I’d go if I were him. They are going to have a depleted roster until Wilson’s contract is off the books. Go somewhere that has a solid roster in place and is a value QB away from a deep playoff run. Minnesota and Atlanta would be good. Also other places…Raiders, Bears ( if they trade out and end up with a bunch of picks)
Didn't think of the Raiders, but I can't imagine they're going to stick with Jimmy G. That dude is made of glass.

Also forgot the Steelers. They desperately need stability at QB, and nobody on their roster can provide it.

Everyone has the Bears dumping Fields and drafting Williams. I think that's a bad idea. Fields is not the problem with their offense, and drafting a rookie that's in the Fields mold isn't going to help them. Williams will still be behind a bad OL with only 1 reliable receiver and good TE, and he'll still have the standard need to adjust to the league.

I'm pretty convinced they're better off shopping the #1 and sticking with Fields. If I'm their GM, I'm talking to the 7 teams that pick 2-8. I want to swap picks, I want their 2nd rounder this year and a conditional #1/2 next year, plus a WR, OL, or RB. The price gets higher if I trade back to 10-14, higher past 15. If nobody will trade, I take Marvin Harrison at #1. I probably consider shopping #9 at that point, move back 6-10 picks and start working on OL and DL. Those moves improve things for Fields in 2024, and if I move on from him in 2025 it makes things easier for my rookie.

Didn't think of the Raiders, but I can't imagine they're going to stick with Jimmy G. That dude is made of glass.

Also forgot the Steelers. They desperately need stability at QB, and nobody on their roster can provide it.

Everyone has the Bears dumping Fields and drafting Williams. I think that's a bad idea. Fields is not the problem with their offense, and drafting a rookie that's in the Fields mold isn't going to help them. Williams will still be behind a bad OL with only 1 reliable receiver and good TE, and he'll still have the standard need to adjust to the league.

I'm pretty convinced they're better off shopping the #1 and sticking with Fields. If I'm their GM, I'm talking to the 7 teams that pick 2-8. I want to swap picks, I want their 2nd rounder this year and a conditional #1/2 next year, plus a WR, OL, or RB. The price gets higher if I trade back to 10-14, higher past 15. If nobody will trade, I take Marvin Harrison at #1. I probably consider shopping #9 at that point, move back 6-10 picks and start working on OL and DL. Those moves improve things for Fields in 2024, and if I move on from him in 2025 it makes things easier for my rookie.
I agree. I’m not as high on Caleb W. He’s still a risk imo, and not the guaranteed franchise guy most experts say he is. There’s at least two teams picking in the top 15 that think he’s the best prospect since Andrew Luck, so they will get a kings ransom if they trade that pick. I’d do it, keep fields, then you can also get a guy like Minshew on a two year deal to push him. Or you could trade Fields too and get Minshew to be your guy for now with a stacked roster. They are in a great position and if they don’t F it up should be a guaranteed playoff team within a couple of years.

I agree. I’m not as high on Caleb W. He’s still a risk imo, and not the guaranteed franchise guy most experts say he is. There’s at least two teams picking in the top 15 that think he’s the best prospect since Andrew Luck, so they will get a kings ransom if they trade that pick. I’d do it, keep fields, then you can also get a guy like Minshew on a two year deal to push him. Or you could trade Fields too and get Minshew to be your guy for now with a stacked roster. They are in a great position and if they don’t F it up should be a guaranteed playoff team within a couple of years.
Hell yes. They fleeced the Panthers last season, and then lucked into a 2nd consecutive #1. If they can find someone who will give them 3/4 of what Carolina did, they should definitely take it.

If they can find someone who will give them a pick in the top half of round 1 in exchange for Fields, I may change my thought process. But I don't see that happening going into the last year of his rookie deal. He has a 5th year option available, but that will cost a fully guaranteed $22M...and that seems a pretty steep price for him right now. If I'm the GM in Chicago, I do not pick up his 5th year (they have to decide by May 2), but I'm not actively looking to offload him this season.

If you get Minshew, your getting Minshew to be the starter, not be the number 2 carrying a clipboard.

Pro Bowl ALL STAR QB'S DO NOT CARRY CLIPBOARDS, AND YOU DO NOT GET A PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB TO SIT THEM ON THE BENCH AND CARRY A CLIPBOARD

If you get Minshew, your getting Minshew to be the starter, not be the number 2 carrying a clipboard.

Pro Bowl ALL STAR QB'S DO NOT CARRY CLIPBOARDS, AND YOU DO NOT GET A PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB TO SIT THEM ON THE BENCH AND CARRY A CLIPBOARD
Mik, he’s the same QB this year he’s been the last 4 years. Nobody’s given him a legit shot to start yet. I love Minshew as much as the next Coug and think he’s an NFL starter but it doesn’t matter what we think. A GM/Coach has to think that and for whatever reason none have. I hope he finally gets a real shot, but being in the pro bowl because several other QBs are opting out isn’t going to change the mind of some dipstick GM.

Mik, he’s the same QB this year he’s been the last 4 years. Nobody’s given him a legit shot to start yet. I love Minshew as much as the next Coug and think he’s an NFL starter but it doesn’t matter what we think. A GM/Coach has to think that and for whatever reason none have. I hope he finally gets a real shot, but being in the pro bowl because several other QBs are opting out isn’t going to change the mind of some dipstick GM.
He was effectively the starter all season - 14 games, I think, and took Indy from the #4 pick to being eliminated on the last day of the season. That’s a solid turnaround, and he did it with a mediocre defense, one reliable receiver, and RBs that were hurt all season. His numbers weren’t outstanding, but looking at the team he had…what’s a guy got to do to get some respect?

There’s at least a half dozen teams I think he’d be an upgrade for…or at the very least a decent placeholder while they build around him. If he doesn’t get a shot this year, he never will.

Reactions: mikalalas

No PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB HAS EVER NOT STARTED, STARTED ON THE BENCH, CARRIED A CLIP BOARD IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

No PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB HAS EVER NOT STARTED, STARTED ON THE BENCH, CARRIED A CLIP BOARD IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Also, even tho it wouldn't be a good look, and even tho a player doesn't do or shouldn't do this:, Minshew needs to respectfully speak out in public, and make his case as to why he should be the starter, if it looks like he won't get a shot.

He needs to point out that stat wise he was a top 17 QB, and that he started 14 games, and that he turned Indy around, and that he is a PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB, and that ALL STAR QB's like himself are, always have been THE STARTER, GOTTEN THE SHOT, ETC.

He needs to SPEAK UP IN PUBLIC, get the public behind him, to try to put pressure on, try to FORCE the NFL to give him a REAL SHOT, to be THE STARTER somewhere, if it does not look like that will happen.

He needs to call this BS out, in public, etc.

If he does not do that, and if he then does not get a real shot to be the starter, then he will be partially to blame for not sticking up, standing up for himself.

He was effectively the starter all season - 14 games, I think, and took Indy from the #4 pick to being eliminated on the last day of the season. That’s a solid turnaround, and he did it with a mediocre defense, one reliable receiver, and RBs that were hurt all season. His numbers weren’t outstanding, but looking at the team he had…what’s a guy got to do to get some respect?

There’s at least a half dozen teams I think he’d be an upgrade for…or at the very least a decent placeholder while they build around him. If he doesn’t get a shot this year, he never will.

Add to that stats wise, he was a top 17 QB in, out of entire NFL

Also, even tho it wouldn't be a good look, and even tho a player doesn't do or shouldn't do this:, Minshew needs to respectfully speak out in public, and make his case as to why he should be the starter, if it looks like he won't get a shot.

He needs to point out that stat wise he was a top 17 QB, and that he started 14 games, and that he turned Indy around, and that he is a PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB, and that ALL STAR QB's like himself are, always have been THE STARTER, GOTTEN THE SHOT, ETC.

He needs to SPEAK UP IN PUBLIC, get the public behind him, to try to put pressure on, try to FORCE the NFL to give him a REAL SHOT, to be THE STARTER somewhere, if it does not look like that will happen.

He needs to call this BS out, in public, etc.

If he does not do that, and if he then does not get a real shot to be the starter, then he will be partially to blame for not sticking up, standing up for himself.

Sometimes you have to make a stink about something as THE SQUEEKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.

Which is one of the reasons he will probably get a shot

Sometimes you have to make a stink about something as THE SQUEEKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.
In many contexts, yes, but that's not how this works. No agent is going to make the kinds of arguments you are making. It's a minor data point that he was a "Pro Bowl" player in that it would go in the press release when he was signed, and it might help with some casual fans who don't know anything. That's it. At most.

An actual GM is going to make the decision over whether to sign him and give him a shot based on all kinds of other factors. This Pro Bowl thing doesn't hurt but it isn't determinative. It's not even material, and arguably even palpable, when it comes to what's going to go into him getting a shot or not.

Advanced stats, roster structure, where a team is at on its competitive cycle, whether a team realistically is trying to win a Super Bowl, etc., and the stuff 95Coug mentions, are more of what's going to matter.

This is coming from someone who has been saying that a team would be smart to sign him and give him a shot as a very cheap, solid starter who could do well in the right situation ever since he outplayed Foles and the other duds they tried in Jacksonville when he was playing behind a terrible offensive line and had shitty skill players around him. This year was the closest thing to a real shot he's ever had.

In many contexts, yes, but that's not how this works. No agent is going to make the kinds of arguments you are making. It's a minor data point that he was a "Pro Bowl" player in that it would go in the press release when he was signed, and it might help with some casual fans who don't know anything. That's it. At most.

An actual GM is going to make the decision over whether to sign him and give him a shot based on all kinds of other factors. This Pro Bowl thing doesn't hurt but it isn't determinative. It's not even material, and arguably even palpable, when it comes to what's going to go into him getting a shot or not.

Advanced stats, roster structure, where a team is at on its competitive cycle, whether a team realistically is trying to win a Super Bowl, etc., and the stuff 95Coug mentions, are more of what's going to matter.

This is coming from someone who has been saying that a team would be smart to sign him and give him a shot as a very cheap, solid starter who could do well in the right situation ever since he outplayed Foles and the other duds they tried in Jacksonville when he was playing behind a terrible offensive line and had shitty skill players around him. This year was the closest thing to a real shot he's ever had.
Key words right there.

Still running a gimped offense designed to "not lose".

However, I just went through some of his and the team's numbers and the biggest, most glaring stat is 8 fumbles. He's got a little Dave Krieg in him, which in this day and age isn't a good thing. From what I remember of his highlights, a couple of the picks were not his fault, but I'm not sure about the fumbles and if its something he can fix or not. But if I'm a GM, that 8 fumbles is glaring. The Cheifs win in no small part due to Mahomes never turning over the ball. Same with the Brady pats. I'm sure an argument could be made that not turning over the ball is as important if not more than having big play ability.

QB's GENERALLY don't USUALLY goto PRO BOWL, BE A ALL STAR QB, UNLESS THEY DESERVE IT, UNLESS THEY ARE WORTHY TO BE A STARTING QB IN THE NFL, UNLESS THEY HAVE ALL OR MOST OF THE THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE A GM GIVE THEM A SHOT AT BEING THE STARTER, LIKE TOP 17 QB STATS, ETC.

LIKE I SAID PRO BOWL QB'S ARE STARTERS. PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB's DO NOT CARRY CLIP BOARDS UNLESS THEY ARE INJURED.

SHOW ME ONE PAST OR CURRENT PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB THAT CARRIED A CLIPBOARD BEHIND THE STARTER THAT WASNT INJURED.

YOU PROBABLY WONT FIND EVEN ONE, PROBABLY BECAUSE PROBABLY THERE NEVER HAS BEEN A PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB THAT HAS CARRIED A CLIP BOARD BEHIND THE STARTER UNLESS INJURED.

QB's GENERALLY don't USUALLY goto PRO BOWL, BE A ALL STAR QB, UNLESS THEY DESERVE IT, UNLESS THEY ARE WORTHY TO BE A STARTING QB IN THE NFL, UNLESS THEY HAVE ALL OR MOST OF THE THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE A GM GIVE THEM A SHOT AT BEING THE STARTER, LIKE TOP 17 QB STATS, ETC.

LIKE I SAID PRO BOWL QB'S ARE STARTERS. PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB's DO NOT CARRY CLIP BOARDS UNLESS THEY ARE INJURED.

SHOW ME ONE PAST OR CURRENT PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB THAT CARRIED A CLIPBOARD BEHIND THE STARTER THAT WASNT INJURED.

YOU PROBABLY WONT FIND EVEN ONE, PROBABLY BECAUSE PROBABLY THERE NEVER HAS BEEN A PRO BOWL ALL STAR QB THAT HAS CARRIED A CLIP BOARD BEHIND THE STARTER UNLESS INJURED.
Mik, you're conflating correlation and causation. I'm done here.

Key words right there.

Still running a gimped offense designed to "not lose".

However, I just went through some of his and the team's numbers and the biggest, most glaring stat is 8 fumbles. He's got a little Dave Krieg in him, which in the day and age isn't a good thing. From what I remember of his highlights, a couple of the picks were not his fault, but I'm not sure about the fumbles and if its something he can fix or not. But if I'm a GM, that 8 fumbles is glaring. The Cheifs win in no small part due to Mahomes never turning over the ball. Same with the Brady pats. I'm sure an argument could be made that not turning over the ball is as important if not more than having big play ability.

Dave Krieg was a Pro Bowl ALL STAR TOP 10 QB that led the Seahawks to the AFC championship game 1 game short of Superbowl.

Dave Krieg almost made it to THE SUPER BOWL.

MOST OF THE TIME DAVE KRIEG DID NOT FUMBLE, HAVE INTERCEPTIONS, AND SOME OF THE FUMBLES, INTERCEPTIONS WERE NOT HIS FAULT.

IF MINSHEW IS LIKE DAVE KRIEG, THEN THATS ANOTHER REASON TO BE A STARTER.

Dave Krieg was a Pro Bowl ALL STAR TOP 10 QB that led the Seahawks to the AFC championship game 1 game short of Superbowl.

Dave Krieg almost made it to THE SUPER BOWL.

MOST OF THE TIME DAVE KRIEG DID NOT FUMBLE, HAVE INTERCEPTIONS, AND SOME OF THE FUMBLES, INTERCEPTIONS WERE NOT HIS FAULT.

IF MINSHEW IS LIKE DAVE KRIEG, THEN THATS ANOTHER REASON TO BE A STARTER.
I'll just leave this here.

Tell me you don't really know Seahawks football without telling me you don't know Seahawks football.

FWIW, he's one of my all time faves just because a) he was ours and b) was an underdog, which epitomizes the Cougar spirit. But have no doubt, the guy made Jameis Winston look like Pat Mahomes.

I don’t disagree with you. Go back and look at his numbers with a shitty jags team though. Did the same things with an even worse roster. And still nobody gave him a shot. It’s very cool he made the pro bowl but no GM gives a shit that he’s in the pro bowl. They are looking at his body of work and what other options there are. And to my point, that hasn’t changed for the last 3 years. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.

I don’t disagree with you. Go back and look at his numbers with a shitty jags team though. Did the same things with an even worse roster. And still nobody gave him a shot. It’s very cool he made the pro bowl but no GM gives a shit that he’s in the pro bowl. They are looking at his body of work and what other options there are. And to my point, that hasn’t changed for the last 3 years. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.
Yeah, and they'll use anything they can come up with as a knock on him. This season, it's the fumbles.

I counter that argument by pointing out he was on a team with a mediocre or worse OL, and he was sacked 34 times. He had 8 fumbles, 6 of those were sack fumbles. He lost 5 fumbles.

Who else had 8 fumbles? CJ Stroud and Baker Mayfield, both of whom people are crowing about their great seasons. Who had more than 8 fumbles? 11 QBs. I won't list them all, but you've heard of them. Just a few: Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Russell Wilson, Jordan Love, and Jalen Hurts. Nobody's talking any of them down. Hell, Kirk Cousins had 7 fumbles in only 8 games and damn near everyone thinks the Vikings should re-sign him.

Tua, Hurts, and WIlson also lost 5 fumbles. 6 QBs lost more, including Lawrence (7) and Jackson (6).

When you look at that, it's pretty ridiculous to hold GM's 8 fumbles against him. He threw for 3,300 yards on a team with only 1 1/2 reliable receivers and an inconsistent run game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT