ADVERTISEMENT

More NIL fun!

Hard to believe that such things could happen. I'm sure he had something that was iron clad. And he was probably sober when it was offered & celebrated. Poor guy...

Hard to believe that such things could happen. I'm sure he had something that was iron clad. And he was probably sober when it was offered & celebrated. Poor guy...
I don’t feel sorry for him… or these programs. just another example of what a Wild West clusterfck the NIL has turned into. If I were him and thought I had a case (or a lawyer convinced me I had a case) I’d probably try it too. They’ll probably end up settling with him.

I am sure this is how all this is being represented by certain schools: misleading. This is actually good as this could get this under a little better control.

I’ll ask the Mike Price question to resolve the whole case:

Did he sign a contract?

I’ll ask the Mike Price question to resolve the whole case:

Did he sign a contract?
Likey no. But the kid is going to say "I had a verbal contract" and cause a PR mess for Florida.

Not surprising, the kid is at Georgia this year and I am sure Georgia loves any negative PR around another SEC school.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Likey no. But the kid is going to say "I had a verbal contract" and cause a PR mess for Florida.

Not surprising, the kid is at Georgia this year and I am sure Georgia loves any negative PR around another SEC school.
Didnt work for price

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The member schools are gonna get real tired of this Wild West legal exposure and impose their own rules, in consultation with legislatures if they have to. I'm not opposed to NIL, but it has to have some rules of the road. Even if schools or players cheat, it sets the expectations and guardrails. The free-for-all isn't sustainable

I don’t feel sorry for him… or these programs. just another example of what a Wild West clusterfck the NIL has turned into. If I were him and thought I had a case (or a lawyer convinced me I had a case) I’d probably try it too. They’ll probably end up settling with him.
Hard to see this getting past a motion to dismiss.

I'm sure he was verbally told he could earn up to 13.8m in NIL over his tenure in Florida. But any rock solid guarantees that could be enforced in a court of law. Nah. Rashada doesn't seems like a particularly sophisticated negotiator either. Believing the 13.8m number is a bit of a tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT