ADVERTISEMENT

Brady roast

I liked where he said that no matter what anyone says about Tom Brady's success. Drew had two things that Brady would never experience:

1) Being the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft
2) Celebrating his 28th wedding anniversary

I’m not sure how I missed this. I’m sure it will be streaming too but some of the kardashian stuff was gold. I like the roasts, the early ones on Comedy Central were really good but they’ve dropped off over the years. I’m glad that Brady can poke fun at himself. Also pretty awesome to see belichek with a full on gut busting laugh.

I’m not sure how I missed this. I’m sure it will be streaming too but some of the kardashian stuff was gold. I like the roasts, the early ones on Comedy Central were really good but they’ve dropped off over the years. I’m glad that Brady can poke fun at himself. Also pretty awesome to see belichek with a full on gut busting laugh.
It’s on Netflix.
Most of the comedians in the recent ones really aren’t funny (although Betty White doing Shatner was pretty good). The old Friars club roasts were way better.

It’s on Netflix.
Most of the comedians in the recent ones really aren’t funny (although Betty White doing Shatner was pretty good). The old Friars club roasts were way better.
Comedians roasting comedians - funny.

Comedians roasting b and c list celebs and writing second tier jokes for Snoop Dogg so they themselves don't get upstaged - not funny. Which is what comedy central did to the roasts. Shatner was the pinnacle, it was all downhill from there.

Reactions: Coug90
It was not funny at all. The only “roasting” was me watching and waiting for some good one-liners.

It was not funny at all. The only “roasting” was me watching and waiting for some good one-liners.
I've only seen a few clips and the transcripts of other ones. The linked Bledsoe clip brought the house down. The Nikki Glaser jab about Gronk and crypto was hilarious too. Maybe the rest of it was a bore - But "not funny at all"? You must not have much of a sense of humor. Which frankly is common amongst the patrons of this board.

Reactions: Coug90
I've only seen a few clips and the transcripts of other ones. The linked Bledsoe clip brought the house down. The Nikki Glaser jab about Gronk and crypto was hilarious too. Maybe the rest of it was a bore - But "not funny at all"? You must not have much of a sense of humor. Which frankly is common amongst the patrons of this board.
Bledsoe had a very good jab at Brady. So was Nikki’s. But for comedy, Nah. The f word once in a while is fine, but every other word takes the value of comedy out of it. IMHO. Let’s just say we have a different view on comedy

Bledsoe had a very good jab at Brady. So was Nikki’s. But for comedy, Nah. The f word once in a while is fine, but every other word takes the value of comedy out of it. IMHO. Let’s just say we have a different view on comedy
Everyone has their own brand of comedy they like. I don’t think Dave Chapelle is very funny in standup, others love him. I thought the roast was pretty good, as most of those things go a couple people bombed, but most of it was great imo.

Don't disagree with you there. But George Carlin's view (linked below) is pretty f-ing funny. :)

Everyone has their own brand of comedy they like. I don’t think Dave Chapelle is very funny in standup, others love him. I thought the roast was pretty good, as most of those things go a couple people bombed, but most of it was great imo.
You lost me at "I don’t think Dave Chapelle is very funny in standup"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT