ADVERTISEMENT

More OT cuz you are all boring

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Just read on Fox (yes I go there on occasion) about the Jason Aldean controversy about his song "try it in a small town". I mean for F-s sake. People are trying to turn it into a racist song, when it is all about small town people not putting up with big city crime and violence. How is that racist?

Yeah it was filmed in front of some courthouse where a black guy was lynched almost 100 years ago. According to the article, multiple videos have been shot there. Our country is so F-ed. As I've said many times, I am a moderate independent. I am so sick of this left wing vs right wing crap. It's just tearing the US apart. As is the G-D Supreme Court. How the F do we fix it? The young people, from what I see, don't give a shit about anything but staring into their phones. Old people are set in their ways, polarized one way or another by what they read or see on TV. The rest? I include me, although I'm getting kinda old too. We support freaks like DeSantis, and yes both Trump and Biden. And RFK Junior? What a freak show he is. WTF? when can we get back to some normalcy, decent values, etc. ?

Reactions: LeachPack
Just read on Fox (yes I go there on occasion) about the Jason Aldean controversy about his song "try it in a small town". I mean for F-s sake. People are trying to turn it into a racist song, when it is all about small town people not putting up with big city crime and violence. How is that racist?

Yeah it was filmed in front of some courthouse where a black guy was lynched almost 100 years ago. According to the article, multiple videos have been shot there. Our country is so F-ed. As I've said many times, I am a moderate independent. I am so sick of this left wing vs right wing crap. It's just tearing the US apart. As is the G-D Supreme Court. How the F do we fix it? The young people, from what I see, don't give a shit about anything but staring into their phones. Old people are set in their ways, polarized one way or another by what they read or see on TV. The rest? I include me, although I'm getting kinda old too. We support freaks like DeSantis, and yes both Trump and Biden. And RFK Junior? What a freak show he is. WTF? when can we get back to some normalcy, decent values, etc. ?
From the video, I can see some people getting miffed about violent imagery…except that it’s pretty much taken from news footage, and the song is about not tolerating the violence that happens in urban areas. If you’re just listening to the lyrics, the violence mostly goes away.

You’ve got to try pretty hard to make it about race. The opening verse refers to carjacking and robbing liquor stores, which are frequently connected with inner city (often Black) perpetrators. But seizing on those lines to make a racist claim requires that you connect those things with race in your own head. Since the song never mentions race, if you make that connection yourself…aren’t you the racist?

It’s a really good song, regardless of affiliation.
Here’s my thing. I don’t care about the song, background of the video, any of that stuff. I just think it’s funny some fake cowboy from the city is making songs about being some small town cowboy.

I personally don't give a real crap about Jason Aldean and the song. Country music as a whole is stupid as f#ck and I don't listen to 95% of it.

That said, dumbass hicks in small towns threatening to shoot people who come to their towns is a fuggin' stupid thing to be proud of. Of course, my in-laws are dumbass hicks from a small town and I guarantee that they listen to this song and yell out, "Hell yeah! I'll shoot a n$gg@r who has the audacity to come to my town!".

Small minded bullsh!t like this Jason Aldean song is how guys like Ahmaud Arbery get murdered. So, when you say that you think it's a great song, just remember that in the real world, an innocent man was murdered by jackwagons thinking "Try that in a small town".

I personally don't give a real crap about Jason Aldean and the song. Country music as a whole is stupid as f#ck and I don't listen to 95% of it.

That said, dumbass hicks in small towns threatening to shoot people who come to their towns is a fuggin' stupid thing to be proud of. Of course, my in-laws are dumbass hicks from a small town and I guarantee that they listen to this song and yell out, "Hell yeah! I'll shoot a n$gg@r who has the audacity to come to my town!".

Small minded bullsh!t like this Jason Aldean song is how guys like Ahmaud Arbery get murdered. So, when you say that you think it's a great song, just remember that in the real world, an innocent man was murdered by jackwagons thinking "Try that in a small town".
Wow... Just. Wow.

Here’s my thing. I don’t care about the song, background of the video, any of that stuff. I just think it’s funny some fake cowboy from the city is making songs about being some small town cowboy.
Well, Jason Aldean is from Macon Georgia. While it's not exactly a small town, it's not the city either.

To comment on another couple of posts. Yes RFK Junior is a freak show. Read the G-damn news. His own cousin (JFK's grandson) rebukes him. Anti-vaxer, conspiracy theorist, etc. His Dad must be rolling in his grave.

Naw. Country music is cool when it’s from people who are actually country. Which basically rules out all the pansy asses starting with Garth brooks. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rodgers…country. Jason Aldeen…douche bag in a $500 designer cowboy hat that’s never seen the inside of a barn.

Naw. Country music is cool when it’s from people who are actually country. Which basically rules out all the pansy asses starting with Garth brooks. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rodgers…country. Jason Aldeen…douche bag in a $500 designer cowboy hat that’s never seen the inside of a barn.
Pretty harsh buddy. The ones who aren't country are all the ones singing those sappy love songs that make me want to barf. Lot's of 'em. I like Jason Aldean. I like Aaron Tippen. If you want rip on fake country singers it's a long list. Garth and Aldean are way down the list. And spell Kenny Rogers name right.

Yeah. My reaction too. I kinda like Flatland, but when you live in Kansas or Iowa or wherever, WTH?

There used to be a bunch of great country music artists out there. The bro country bullshit of the past 10+ years is laughably bad and the whole genre is basically Nickelback on steroids.

A bunch of formulaic BS designed to generate cash. There’s a few catchy tunes but when it comes down to it, the shit has no depth to it. To be fair, pop and top 40 music is even worse.

The song in question is just another formulaic piece of trash that panders to small town (minded) bigotry and racism. I have relatives who live in a town of 500 in rural Kansas and listening to their moronic, ignorant comments about “the city” taught me that you don’t go to them for reasonable conversation about race. When I saw the hubbub about this song and video and did some research on it, I had to laugh at the whole thing. It checks boxes like it was written by AI.

Well, Jason Aldean is from Macon Georgia. While it's not exactly a small town, it's not the city either.

To comment on another couple of posts. Yes RFK Junior is a freak show. Read the G-damn news. His own cousin (JFK's grandson) rebukes him. Anti-vaxer, conspiracy theorist, etc. His Dad must be rolling in his grave.

That response did not answer the question of 'why'.

You mean the news like CNN and Fox? Or actually listen to his testimony to Congress or any of the podcasts in which he's been the guest? Go ahead and list the ones in which you've listened to in their entirety.

And explain why you would call RFK Jr a 'freak show'.

Last edited:

You mean the news like CNN and Fox? Or actually listen to his testimony to Congress or any of the podcasts in which he's been the guest? Go ahead and list the ones in which you've listened to in their entirety.

11 anyone can or write something . For example, he said Jews and Chinese are immune from covid 19 . What scientific proof does he have . What data does he have .

I was out to dinner last night with a ceo whose company makes cancer drugs . He was telling me he recently went out with a woman who doesn’t wear nail polish. The reason why is because nail polish causes cancer .

Her evidence was two friends who wore polish had breast cancer. She is making that argument with a guy who has spent his whole life making cancer drugs . But yeah she has more cred ….

Reactions: longtimecoug

Well… he is an antivax ramalamadingdong like you so there is that.

Pretty harsh buddy. The ones who aren't country are all the ones singing those sappy love songs that make me want to barf. Lot's of 'em. I like Jason Aldean. I like Aaron Tippen. If you want rip on fake country singers it's a long list. Garth and Aldean are way down the list. And spell Kenny Rogers name right.
Bunch of Milli Vanilli’s that wear women’s underwear. Country Dick would kick their pu$$y asses. Now these guys are country for big boys:

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Go ahead and list the entirety of RFK Jr interviews/podcasts you’ve listened to in their entirety as well. And then feel free to provide counters to his position.
Geezus Christ buddy. When his own nephew disavows him, what does that say? And instead of challenging the Board to produce damning evidence, why don't you post some interviews which show his wonderfulness? Oh oops, his entire family rebukes him. Do you know what that word means?

Geezus Christ buddy. When his own nephew disavows him, what does that say? And instead of challenging the Board to produce damning evidence, why don't you post some interviews which show his wonderfulness? Oh oops, his entire family rebukes him. Do you know what that word means?

Cmon man they love these assholes, can’t get enough of them. You should know this by now. They hear the same batshit crazy stuff from the same batshit crazy personalities on the same batshit crazy “news” networks. This ain’t anything new, why are you surprised?!

Reactions: wazzucougs96

Did you even read what you linked?

“The New York Post story is mistaken. I have never, ever suggested that the Covid-19 virus was engineered to ‘spare Jews,’ and I unequivocally reject this disgusting and outlandish conspiracy theory,” he said.

“New York Post reporter Jon Levine exploited this off-the-record conversation to smear me as an antisemite. This cynical maneuver is consistent with the mainstream media playbook to discredit me as a crank – and by association, to discredit revelations of genuine corruption and collusion.”

Or listen to his Congressional testimony where he rebukes accusations of anti semitism?

More importantly I have them playing Happy Boy by the Beat Farmers at the bar in Costa Rica.

Any more requests?

It's a federal holiday tomorrow after all.

Reactions: WillieThePimp
11 anyone can or write something . For example, he said Jews and Chinese are immune from covid 19 . What scientific proof does he have . What data does he have .

I was out to dinner last night with a ceo whose company makes cancer drugs . He was telling me he recently went out with a woman who doesn’t wear nail polish. The reason why is because nail polish causes cancer .

Her evidence was two friends who wore polish had breast cancer. She is making that argument with a guy who has spent his whole life making cancer drugs . But yeah she has more cred ….
Except that wasn’t what was said, Ed.

It is quite astounding that headlines garner more belief than what the person actually says. And in this day and age, there should be zero reliance on the filtering media outlets perpetrate.

It is quite astounding that headlines garner more belief than what the person actually says. And in this day and age, there should be zero reliance on the filtering media outlets perpetrate.

I watched the video, which cemented my opinion that this guy is a loon and an embarrassment to his father. And you want to vote for him to be President of the USA? WTF is wrong with you? It ain't gonna happen, but I would love to have a beer with you and explore WTF is wrong with you.

11…are you sure there is not a video out there where he says it ? Have you see that video or is the video a matter of semantics .

And what I mean by the that is Kennedy is very good (like trump ) at saying things like “I am not saying your mother is a whore, but I heard things like that, but I am not saying it “
You aren’t aware of a video showing where he says countries are pioneering and developing targeted germs and that black and white white people are more prone to this targeting and that Jews and Chinese people have an immunity to the virus ? You saying this video doesn’t exist or that you understand even tho he said it and mentioned it he didn’t present as fact.

I watched the video, which cemented my opinion that this guy is a loon and an embarrassment to his father. And you want to vote for him to be President of the USA? WTF is wrong with you? It ain't gonna happen, but I would love to have a beer with you and explore WTF is wrong with you.
There’s nothing wrong with me.

I actually do the work, listen to the entirety of what people say and observe what they do. Not just snippets but multiple hours of their interviews.

Unlike those who rely on what Fox (in this case) and other news outlets tell them what to think in bite size snippets

You should try it

11…are you sure there is not a video out there where he says it ? Have you see that video or is the video a matter of semantics .

And what I mean by the that is Kennedy is very good (like trump ) at saying things like “I am not saying your mother is a whore, but I heard things like that, but I am not saying it “
You aren’t aware of a video showing where he says countries are pioneering and developing targeted germs and that black and white white people are more prone to this targeting and that Jews and Chinese people have an immunity to the virus ? You saying this video doesn’t exist or that you understand even tho he said it and mentioned it he didn’t present as fact.
He references studies from the Cleveland Clinic.

Which tells me you neither watched the video or read the Newsweek article/interview.

More importantly I have them playing Happy Boy by the Beat Farmers at the bar in Costa Rica.

Any more requests?

It's a federal holiday tomorrow after all.
That’s a riot you got them to play it. Got the Beat Farmer’s “Tales of.the New West” reissue a couple weeks back and have it on constant rotation. Great album. Rip Country Dick and Buddy Blue.
Also been binging Steve Earle - the older stuff before he got too political. Anything from “Guitar Town” up through “Transcendental Blues” is a great listen.

There’s nothing wrong with me.

I actually do the work, listen to the entirety of what people say and observe what they do. Not just snippets but multiple hours of their interviews.

Unlike those who rely on what Fox (in this case) and other news outlets tell them what to think in bite size snippets

You should try it
Multiple hours? Here's an idea - get a life dude.

That statement has nothing to do with jfk Jr pushing the untruth that vaccines (in general) cause autism.

As for your claim, how does the covid jab NOT full under the definition of a vaccine?
Vaccine: “a substance used to stimulate immunity to a particular infectious disease or pathogen”

Reactions: 79COUG
That statement has nothing to do with jfk Jr pushing the untruth that vaccines (in general) cause autism.

As for your claim, how does the covid jab NOT full under the definition of a vaccine?
Did the CDC set "the truth" along with "the science" we were supposed to trust wholeheartedly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT