ADVERTISEMENT

More proof college football 2020 is a travesty

Glad Cougar

Hall Of Fame
Apr 2, 2003
Aberdeen SD
I guess I've been asleep but just saw the entire bowl lineup. I know a lot of winning teams opted out, but c'mon man. The following SEC teams are bowling?

Mississippi State (3-7)
Arkansas (3-7)
Kentucky (4-6)
Ole Miss (4-5)

I'm outraged! How come Vanderbilt didn't get a bowl invite?

The fact that 11th ranked Indiana, who's only loss was to Ohio State by a TD, was rewarded for their great season with an Outback Bowl contest vs. Ole Miss....well, what can you say? Flush this season down as a bad, unfunny joke.

Glad Cougar

I guess I've been asleep but just saw the entire bowl lineup. I know a lot of winning teams opted out, but c'mon man. The following SEC teams are bowling?

Mississippi State (3-7)
Arkansas (3-7)
Kentucky (4-6)
Ole Miss (4-5)

The fact that 11th ranked Indiana, who's only loss was to Ohio State by a TD, was rewarded for their great season with an Outback Bowl contest vs. Ole Miss....well, what can you say? Flush this season down as a bad, unfunny joke.

Glad Cougar

Serious question: who cares?

If teams want to play in bowl games, provided there aren't more deserving teams willing to play, who cares? Don't watch if you don't like it.

I'm not watching many, if any, bowl games this year. But, especially after the year we've had, kids want to take the opportunity to get one more game in... More power to them.

Mississippi State (3-7)
Arkansas (3-7)
Kentucky (4-6)
Ole Miss (4-5)

Glad Cougar

Indiana was snubbed even worse then WSU's 2018 11-2 Minshew team.

To go 7,8 wins, only 1, 7 point loss to 4th ranked Ohio State, and not goto either:

1. Rosebowl
2. Orange Bowl
3. Sugar Bowl
4. Peach Bowl
5. Fiesta Bowl
6. Cotton Bowl
7. AKA a NY6 Bowl
8. The MOST PROMINENT, FAMOUS, Prestigous, Tier 1.5, non NY6 bowl.

Truly EPIC SNUB.

Seriously if I was them, If I was the coach, AD, etc, I would DECLINE the Bowl, and would point out why they are being EPICALLY SNUBBED.

And if thats not bad enough they would have to play a 4-5, SEC Team.

Also if they win the bowl, its no big deal, as they should DESTROY, BLOW OUT a 4-5 team.

And if they lose, that will HURT their program, affect their recruiting.

Also because they are being snubbed against a 4-5 SEC team, there is a very good chance to be beaten, upset by the 4-5 team.

Hope they Decline it, and send a message LOUD and clear about that BS SNUB.

Wonder if the coaches get that bowl game bonus? I bet they do, it’s in their contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT