ADVERTISEMENT

NBA combine invite list

78Chief

Recruit
Feb 19, 2012
I don't see Jaylon Wells name on the list.. anyone else see or hear differently?

Nope nor I Jones who I thought would be there, But Brony who sucked so bad is on there

Nope nor I Jones who I thought would be there, But Brony who sucked so bad is on there

The reason for that:

1. If a player is at the WSU's of basketball they get marked down, but if they are still good enough after that, then they still get invited, drafted, even lottery, as Klay was still good enough. But if Klay had been at Kentucky, instead of WSU, he might have been a Top 3 pick of entire draft.

2. Bronny is at USC.

3. Bronny is son of LeBron James.

4. NBA drafts on what they think is potential, the LeBron James bloodlines, the athleticism, etc, that is why NBA drafted about 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9 ppg , FRESHMAN, 6-5, ONE AND DONE, JRUE HOLIDAY as a NBA draft lottery pick

5. The scouts, evaluators are sometimes wrong.

6. The NBA still sometimes does stupid things like drafting a raw, inexperienced, but lots of potential, athleticism, Tall(6-11+), that scored little in highschool, college, etc, into, as top 6 pick of entire NBA draft. Player did NOTHING(hardly ever played, 1 ppg, 1 rebound, etc), in the NBA.

Jones really surprises me
So the combine invites 78 players, and the draft is 2 rounds, 64 players. Does this mean that those 78 players will be "the draft? Or maybe there are a bunch of "maybes" that the NBA wants to further assess, and other, non-invited players are already deemed draft worthy (Wells and maybe Jones)?

For Wells sake I hope he is being advised by someone he can trust and not some leach agent who could care less about him.

Why can't FB, basketball, etc. just go to a baseball-type of draft, where players can be drafted then choose whether to jump or stay? I don't know thw specific rules, but I believe you can be drafted out of HS, then again after 2 (?) years in college, and choose to stay or go based on that?

You wait, someone is going to waste a draft pick on him.
IMHO LBJ will be person behind Bronny’s contract. Might be a G League deal. All totally funded by LBJ through a shell company. Then a week before LBJ comes to a town/or team visiting LA there will be a mystery injury and Bronny will be called up. LBJ/Bronny play in the same game. LBJ retires. Hollywood comes knocking for a movie deal.

IMHO LBJ will be person behind Bronny’s contract. Might be a G League deal. All totally funded by LBJ through a shell company. Then a week before LBJ comes to a town/or team visiting LA there will be a mystery injury and Bronny will be called up. LBJ/Bronny play in the same game. LBJ retires. Hollywood comes knocking for a movie deal.
That’s feasible.

Bronny is not an NBA caliber player.

Personally I don’t see Wells as having NBA level talent but it never hurts to get feedback from professional coaches and scouts. No way is Bronny ready for the show!

Disagree.

Bronny was born for this shit-show. I’d love to see “the wrong” billionaire owner draft Bronny ahead of the pre-determined team just for spite.

NBA G League Ignite is done, this was the last year. Generally speaking, Kids make a lot more money through NIL in 1 year than they would ever make in a few years in the G League, now players are staying in college longer, or going the Europe. NIL was reducing the quality of players, so the NBA shutting it down after the 23-24 season.

You wait, someone is going to waste a draft pick on him.
Is it really a waste if he sells tix? More likely gets daddy to sign w his team and that sells tix? It’s entertainment, he’s no different than a kardashian at this point.

Wells gets an invite with other invites not accepting their invitation. Still a no for Jones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT