ADVERTISEMENT

New Jersey high schools...new rule

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Seems as though the state of New Jersey has now limited all hs teams to 15 minutes of full contact practice a week.
I completely disagree with this. How are those kids going to learn how to tackle at full speed for 2 hours on a Friday night with only 15 minutes of full speed hitting a week?

Reactions: Coug90 and SDCoug
My thoughts exactly. This is taking something that’s already troubling and making it worse. Haven’t they ever heard of the Law of Unintended Consequences?

Reactions: 79COUG
It's like limiting the amount of time a kid can spend behind the wheel before he's got his license and wheeling down I90 at 70.

Reactions: ATACFD
Seems as though the state of New Jersey has now limited all hs teams to 15 minutes of full contact practice a week.
I completely disagree with this. How are those kids going to learn how to tackle at full speed for 2 hours on a Friday night with only 15 minutes of full speed hitting a week?

Ridiculous. That's only going to cause MORE injuries during games.

I spoke with a buddy of mine that coaches in Jersey. He said it sucks. Would like to see them enforce it.

NJ doesnt have huge enrollments. If a HS gets to 1,000 kids they start building another school lol

For perspective, Bergen Co at one time had like 60+ high schools playing football. They would need an army of people to monitor every practice at every school.

Reactions: 79COUG
Just be thankful we have govt. bureaucrats and politicians looking out for our kids. It's not like it's OUR responsibility or anything.....;)

Reactions: 79COUG and ATACFD
The dipshits coming up with this crap have never played football, practiced football, probably barely have thrown a football. Ludicrous.

Reactions: 79COUG and ATACFD
Not surprised such laws are coming out of New Jersey. They are nothing more then a nanny state where common sense does not apply with some of the draconian laws they have passed. Visited there and never would want to back there much less live there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT