ADVERTISEMENT

New MBB commit

Didn't find much either in terms of video. Good length at 6'9" or 6'10" and looks skilled. Maybe not a lot of athleticism? Always love "smarts" (4.0 + AP courses).

Yes, this staff does a great job projecting!

There is not much about him. He is a totally under the radar late bloomer. I do trust this staff's evaluation skills. He is the one story I found about him. Very smart young man.

Jalen Green Elite is MARQEE.

Jalen Green Elite is like the OAKLAND SOLDIERS type basketball ELITE club.

Players and recruits from Oakland Soldiers, Jalen Green Elite types are usually 3.5 star, 4 star, 4.5 star, etc, at least semi blue chip type recruits.

Now most of the time under the radar, late bloomer types, usually don't end up at Jalen Green Elite, Oakland Soldiers types, but occasionally they late BLOOM, get onto Oakland Soldier as Oakland Soldiers types, and end up as AWESOME recruits, that fly under the recruiting radar.

Tallis Toure, also made the ELITE 100.

Part of the reason he hasn't got as much attention, is that even tho he is a awesome recruit, that has extremely semi freakishly athleticism, he is 6-10, 215, which is extremely STICK FIGURE THIN, which is semi considered a semi liability to some programs, recruiters, coaches, etc.

Awesome get by Smith.

Here is some video I found of him. Look for all the videos with his name on them.

Looks to me to be along the same lines as Spencer Mahoney. Red shirt a year and see what develops. Personally I doubt Spencer will be back from watching him in warmups he is out of his league. Imo

Jalen Green Elite is MARQEE.

Jalen Green Elite is like the OAKLAND SOLDIERS type basketball ELITE club.

Players and recruits from Oakland Soldiers, Jalen Green Elite types are usually 3.5 star, 4 star, 4.5 star, etc, at least semi blue chip type recruits.

Now most of the time under the radar, late bloomer types, usually don't end up at Jalen Green Elite, Oakland Soldiers types, but occasionally they late BLOOM, get onto Oakland Soldier as Oakland Soldiers types, and end up as AWESOME recruits, that fly under the recruiting radar.

Tallis Toure, also made the ELITE 100.

Part of the reason he hasn't got as much attention, is that even tho he is a awesome recruit, that has extremely semi freakishly athleticism, he is 6-10, 215, which is extremely STICK FIGURE THIN, which is semi considered a semi liability to some programs, recruiters, coaches, etc.

Awesome get by Smith.
6'10", 210 lb Robbie Cowgill and I concur with this conclusion.

Here is some video I found of him. Look for all the videos with his name on them.

O my Gosh, I knew Toure was a AWESOME recruit because of Jalen Green Elite, and making Elite 100, but I did not know he is as good as he is in the videos.

I know that you usually have to take videos with a grain of salt and consider the competition level.

And even tho it's the lower level competition, but still competitive NOR CAL:

In no particular order:

How fast he runs court.

Jumps out of gym.

Drives, slashes, beats defenders off of dribble, semi breaks ankles, gets inside to basket, creating his own shot, by either lay up, dunking, tear dropper, runner, floater, etc, finishing at, near rim, etc, as if he was a guard, and not a 6-10, 215 big. Must have been a guard before he late bloomed, got taller, etc. Great Ball handler, etc.

Has good midrange, outside shot shooting, 3 point shooting etc. Sometimes takes bad shot selection shots.

Is awesome in both high and low post. Has great post moves, like turn around shots, jumpers, fade away shots, up and unders, etc.

He finds ways to score whether by slithering, contortions, twisting, scoring over you, under you, around you, etc, he just finds ways to put ball in hoop.

He receives passes into the post to him well. Has good hands. Passes out from inside well.

Plays defense. Had a line of about 13 points, about 11 rebounds, about 5 blocks, about 1,2 steals, about 2 assist, good defense, etc, against some semi decent, semi ok competition.

Great rebounder

Great shotblocker

great lateral quickness

He is going to make more wish they had given him more attention, and recruited him.

The only downsides are his bad shot selection at times, and that he is STICK FIGURE THIN, which some to a semi lot, consider a liability. But he can use his THINNESS to his advantage, and in time, he might fill out a little, get a little bulkier, etc.

WOW what a fantastic, amazing, awesome, hell of a great recruit, get.

In 2.5 years, those that passed on trying to recruit Toure are going to be kicking themselves.

Maybe more importantly….does this give us some indication where Kyle Smith is? If he was one foot out the door I wouldn’t expect to see guys committing…while we are starting the tourney.

I mean he knows he’s going to have offers from other programs I think that’s a given.

Reactions: mikalalas
O my Gosh, I knew Toure was a AWESOME recruit because of Jalen Green Elite, and making Elite 100, but I did not know he is as good as he is in the videos.

I know that you usually have to take videos with a grain of salt and consider the competition level.

And even tho it's the lower level competition, but still competitive NOR CAL:

In no particular order:

How fast he runs court.

Jumps out of gym.

Drives, slashes, beats defenders off of dribble, semi breaks ankles, gets inside to basket, creating his own shot, by either lay up, dunking, tear dropper, runner, floater, etc, finishing at, near rim, etc, as if he was a guard, and not a 6-10, 215 big. Must have been a guard before he late bloomed, got taller, etc. Great Ball handler, etc.

Has good midrange, outside shot shooting, 3 point shooting etc. Sometimes takes bad shot selection shots.

Is awesome in both high and low post. Has great post moves, like turn around shots, jumpers, fade away shots, up and unders, etc.

He finds ways to score whether by slithering, contortions, twisting, scoring over you, under you, around you, etc, he just finds ways to put ball in hoop.

He receives passes into the post to him well. Has good hands. Passes out from inside well.

Plays defense. Had a line of about 13 points, about 11 rebounds, about 5 blocks, about 1,2 steals, about 2 assist, good defense, etc, against some semi decent, semi ok competition.

Great rebounder

Great shotblocker

great lateral quickness

He is going to make more wish they had given him more attention, and recruited him.

The only downsides are his bad shot selection at times, and that he is STICK FIGURE THIN, which some to a semi lot, consider a liability. But he can use his THINNESS to his advantage, and in time, he might fill out a little, get a little bulkier, etc.

WOW what a fantastic, amazing, awesome, hell of a great recruit, get.

In 2.5 years, those that passed on trying to recruit Toure are going to be kicking themselves.
I know Jack shit about basketball talent. But a 6’10 kid that can handle the ball pop 3s and block some shots can be taught the rest. Looks like Jones with a long range jumper.

Reactions: mikalalas
Maybe more importantly….does this give us some indication where Kyle Smith is? If he was one foot out the door I wouldn’t expect to see guys committing…while we are starting the tourney.

I mean he knows he’s going to have offers from other programs I think that’s a given.

Yes, combined together with all the other, signs, reasons why Smith might semi probably stay for at least another season, the fact that UW is going to probably hire Dan Sprinkler, etc, and that only have to possibly worry about Stanford(Who might hire someone else, instead of Smith, and is in conference that fall apart), Louisville, and the fact that the threats to hire Smith don't even have Smith on their shortlist, etc, and that as I write this, WSU, Smith on working on, hammering out a contract extension(see the audio link I linked about that).

All these things suggest that Smith is probably going to stay for at least 1 more year at WSU, if not longer, and may be a Mark Few, Randy Bennet type, that wants to build something special, long term at WSU.

“Once a Coug, always a Coug and We’re Cougs!” Kyle Smith (again and again)

Kyle Smith seems more grounded to me than Dennis Erickson or Kelvin Sampson so, how big-a-bag does a guy really need if he loves his job, his kids are settled throughout their youth and your wife is happy?

“Once a Coug, always a Coug and We’re Cougs!” Kyle Smith (again and again)

Kyle Smith seems more grounded to me than Dennis Erickson or Kelvin Sampson so, how big-a-bag does a guy really need if he loves his job, his kids are settled throughout their youth and your wife is happy?

Isn’t he under contract til ‘26. Contractually he can’t go anywhere

Um, that's not how it works, and that is why they have buyouts. Coaches bail on their contracts all the time - they or the new school just have to pay the buyout for leaving early.

Contracts, aside from the buyout clauses, are pretty one-sided. The school obligates itself to pay the full contract amount (or some specfied %). The coach is not obligated to stay. You can't make someone work at a job they no longer want. Basically every coach that jumps (many, many) leaves their contract early.

There is probably a contract buy out. The way that usually works, is that if WSU were to unthinkably fire Smith, WSU would have to pay the buy out.

And if Smith leaves WSU, the team that would hire Smith usually has to pay the contract buy out to WSU.

So usually a contract doesn't stop a HC from being able to leave, if they want to leave, if they are high enough demand, and if programs willing to pay buy out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT