ADVERTISEMENT

New OL commit

This guy looks like if he lost 25 pounds he could be good. Good first step. Good build for a guard.

Walk-Ons making a big Twitter announcement making themselves look like a scholarship player is a big tell.

Not as big as a “Too Funny” tell.... but still one to take notice of

Last edited:
Walk-Ons making a big Twitter announcement making themselves look like a scholarship player is a big tell.

Not as big as a “Too Funny” tell.... but still one to take notice of

I saw a kid announce his decommitment from a JC the other day. Along with "my recruitment is now open".

I'll give Tafia some slack. He's local and he's paying his way. Doubt we discuss him beyond this, so best of luck to the young man.

Reactions: kougkurt
I saw a kid announce his decommitment from a JC the other day. Along with "my recruitment is now open".

I'll give Tafia some slack. He's local and he's paying his way. Doubt we discuss him beyond this, so best of luck to the young man.
I give them all slack. We see adults do much worse all the time. It really is not that big of a deal. He is in a position that walkons have done well at WSU over the years. The current starting center, Brian Greene, was a walkon. Hopefully, he turns out to be a sleeper.

I was surprised to see several of our Hamilton ball players announcing their football commitments this year. To schools like Rocky Mountain College, Dickinson State, and Presentation College. My initial reaction was wow, what over kill.

Then I realized that these kids are followed by their friends, some in the community, and coaches that are recruiting them. It all seemed so benign at that point and I felt good for them to be able to share news that is exciting for them.

HHS also takes pictures of players, family, and coaches when players sign their LOIs. Those hit social media but it’s all about the circles that these kids live in and the small schools that they attend.

None of it seems so over the top to me anymore. Everything is relative. Even a kid that fails to mention it’s a PWO vs scholarship... his social media circle knows what is going on. And probably all are happy for him.

I was surprised to see several of our Hamilton ball players announcing their football commitments this year. To schools like Rocky Mountain College, Dickinson State, and Presentation College. My initial reaction was wow, what over kill.

Then I realized that these kids are followed by their friends, some in the community, and coaches that are recruiting them. It all seemed so benign at that point and I felt good for them to be able to share news that is exciting for them.

HHS also takes pictures of players, family, and coaches when players sign their LOIs. Those hit social media but it’s all about the circles that these kids live in and the small schools that they attend.

None of it seems so over the top to me anymore. Everything is relative. Even a kid that fails to mention it’s a PWO vs scholarship... his social media circle knows what is going on. And probably all are happy for him.
Yes, it isn't for us nerds sitting behind a computer or looking at our phone. It is for their circle of friends and family.

Yes, it isn't for us nerds sitting behind a computer or looking at our phone. It is for their circle of friends and family.
Let’s be honest if we were invited to play ball at WSU, scholly or not, and if we had access to a mobile tool that allowed us to announce that to the world at 18...yeah, we’d probably be doing that. Good for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT