ADVERTISEMENT

New Position Coach?

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
Rumor has it Kendrick Shaver will be taking the D.B. coach position. Utah State Assistant DC. Seems like a nice get. Young enthusiastic coach.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I believe he is coming in as an outside linebacker coach. Most of his experience was with defensive backs. He is co-defensive coordinator also. He looks like a good get. I hope he starts recruiting right away. I wonder where his recruiting territory was?

Solid hire The staff looks fairly solid The O line and special teams coaching needs a lot of work.

I believe he is coming in as an outside linebacker coach. Most of his experience was with defensive backs. He is co-defensive coordinator also. He looks like a good get. I hope he starts recruiting right away. I wonder where his recruiting territory was?
Apparently he has coached LBs before according to a Brand x post.

EDIT: as his bio says he coached OLB last year so some recent experience plus a good compliment for McBath with all of his secondary experience. Intelligent hire from the looks of it if it does go down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx64
Looks like a very solid hire no matter what position he coaches. Had a couple db's taken in the 3rd and 4th round. Must be doing something right. Will Davis from Central Valley....3rd rounder...how did so many miss on him? Student body President...had the grades. Had to start at De Anza CC and then transfer to Utah State. originally enrolled at Western Washington a year before the program was cut. remember us only getting an offensive lineman from the team? They picked the wrong dude.

Last edited:
Yup he has been there for a while. Sorry i did not mention him prominently before. However he seems to be a good recruiter and that may be a saving grace.He has also been known to hoist a few with Leach.You know hang around the office and the local pubs waiting to wet his nose.

Looks like a very solid hire no matter what position he coaches. Had a couple db's taken in the 3rd and 4th round. Must be doing something right. Will Davis from Central Valley....3rd rounder...how did so many miss on him? Student body President...had the grades. Had to start at De Anza CC and then transfer to Utah State. originally enrolled at Western Washington a year before the program was cut. remember us only getting an offensive lineman from the team? They picked the wrong dude.

Davis only played one year of football in high school. He was a basketball player primarily.

Yup he has been there for a while. Sorry i did not mention him prominently before. However he seems to be a good recruiter and that may be a saving grace.He has also been known to hoist a few with Leach.You know hang around the office and the local pubs waiting to wet his nose.

Mele is a great recruiter. He earned his way on staff. ST are better under him than the previous coach. He has included starters on his ST to try to improve them. What more can he do with the personnel available to him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT