ADVERTISEMENT

New RB transfer

Back story?

ND suspended him and others a couple years ago.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/Col...-Deon-McIntosh-for-Citrus-Bowl/2941514686543/

7826437.jpg

Didn’t hear much as far as recruiting him. But he is in Pullman and will play this Fall. Did he ever take a visit?

Hope so. Although I would love to see a big body slam between the tackles.

The transfer portal is gonna be a good thing for WSU. There are a lot of kids that sign with flashy schools and then realize the bench isnt where they wanna be.

Markoff can be your big body. With this addition, the freshmen have the luxury of redshirting, or at least not playing in more than four games.

As long as McIntosh picks up the offense he looks like another another running back that looks to hit the hole and runs north-south like Borghi. Looks like a really nice pickup in June.

ND signing day video:

Last edited:
As long as McIntosh picks up the offense he looks like another another running back that looks to hit the hole and runs north-south like Borghi. Looks like a really nice pickup in June.

ND signing day video:
He has a nice forward lean and his legs are always moving. When he is in traffic, he has both hands on the ball. He looks to be well coached. There was a reason big schools were after him when he was in high school.

He must feel confident in catching the ball if he chose an air raid school. Glad we offered him in high school.

This gives us the benefit of having two halfbacks available for a pistol formation. Nothing wrong with a HB and a FB; and in some situations that is even a benefit; but now we have two proven explosive RB's. We are now two deep with kids who have some D1 games at all spots except QB on offense. I'm thinking this will be a good year on O. The prediction mags seemed concerned about our LB's on D; I am more concerned about DB's; but the DB spot got enough JC kids that one almost has to assume that there is a starting group with at least one back up (nickel) and even a dime in there somewhere.

PAC North, here we come!

Curious to see the story of his recruitment. Sounds like he's a blue shirt aka a walk on who can earn a scholarship in fall camp. Will count toward the 2020 class.

I watched a couple of the North Carolina highlights, and his running style actually looks similar to Borghi's. If they end up being the two primary ballcarriers, that makes the offensive line's job easier. They both like to cut once and go, rather than dance around.

This gives us the benefit of having two halfbacks available for a pistol formation. Nothing wrong with a HB and a FB; and in some situations that is even a benefit; but now we have two proven explosive RB's. We are now two deep with kids who have some D1 games at all spots except QB on offense. I'm thinking this will be a good year on O. The prediction mags seemed concerned about our LB's on D; I am more concerned about DB's; but the DB spot got enough JC kids that one almost has to assume that there is a starting group with at least one back up (nickel) and even a dime in there somewhere.

PAC North, here we come!

WTF you talkin' fullback for???

I think Leach's pitch to this kid was... "Hey, we had a guy leave that has similar skills as you do. There are a lot of yards to be had here. If you don't get them the next guy I call will. When can you be here?"

I watched a couple of the North Carolina highlights, and his running style actually looks similar to Borghi's. If they end up being the two primary ballcarriers, that makes the offensive line's job easier. They both like to cut once and go, rather than dance around.

He is a good pick up. With the way the NFL is a passing league now, the AR is a good offense to play ball in. You're not gonna be a feature back but you'll be a diverse player and have more tread on the tire for your NFL career than other guys.

I think Leach's pitch to this kid was... "Hey, we had a guy leave that has similar skills as you do. There are a lot of yards to be had here. If you don't get them the next guy I call will. When can you be here?"

Biggs......you are looking for offense when there was none. I'm confident that when cr8zyncalif mentioned a fullback, he was talking about Markoff and not the new guy. The new guy means that we have two legit halfbacks instead of a halfback and a fullback type of player. Take it easy on a Monday morning, big guy.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

I noticed that as well. He gets up field as if he's being chased by a, well, cougar. I'd say he's better in that regard than James Williams. It's going to be very interesting to see what he and the two freshmen contribute. I still want to see Markoff at the goal line, bashing the sh!t out of someone - with or without the ball. Can you imagine a defense trying to guess who gets it - Gubrud/Gordon (both can run), Markoff or McIntosh or Borghi, or Patmon et al?

Reactions: earldacoug
We sure have come a long ways.........

"WSU offered McIntosh coming out of high school, as did a bunch of other schools including Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Michigan and more. This time around in coming out of junior college, McIntosh told CF.C he chose Washington State over Miami, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Kansas State and others."

That’s good company.

But wait, after when he was a 3 star, after when he was a JC transfer, was he offered by all those better bigger colleges, or was he not offered by those colleges and just chose to attend WSU, instead of attending those colleges, without a offer from those colleges.

If thats the case WSU would not have won a recruiting battle against those colleges if those colleges did not offer him after he was a JC transfer.

AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE BEASELY BBALL BOARD.

Who say that if WSU gets a 4,5 star like Stuart House, Or Klay, etc, that didnt get Pac offers, that WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for House, Klay, etc, because he, they a 4,5 star wasnt offered, even though there was INTEREST.

So if WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for 4,5 star House, Klay, etc, who didnt get Pac offers, but had INTEREST, then WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for 3 star JC Transfer Deon McIntosh, if those colleges didnt offer after he JC transfer(highschool offers dont count has to be JC transfer offers), and if he just chose WSU, when he could have chose those other colleges, even if were to not have offered him as a JC transfer, even if they INTERESTED, but no offer.

AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE BBALL BOARD AND THEIR LOGIC. THATS WHAT THEY WOULD PROBABLY SAY.

That and they think that WSU hasnt, doesnt, cant, wont win recruiting battles against Blue Blood Colleges for 3,4,5 star recruits in both Bball and probably football as well, and have the:

POOR OLE LITTLE OLE WSU CANT WIN RECRUITING BATTLES AGAINST BLUE BLOOD COLLEGES FOR 3,4,5 STAR RECRUITS, IN BBALL AND FOOTBALL AND CANT WIN LOSER MENTALITY CULTURE.

(Done with making point to, about Bball board. Sorry I know this is the football board. And that I probably shouldnt have done that.)

Awesome pick up. Nice to see WSU win these recruiting battles against the Blue Blood Colleges.

220px-Theodore_Kaczynski_2.jpg

But wait, after when he was a 3 star, after when he was a JC transfer, was he offered by all those better bigger colleges, or was he not offered by those colleges and just chose to attend WSU, instead of attending those colleges, without a offer from those colleges.

If thats the case WSU would not have won a recruiting battle against those colleges if those colleges did not offer him after he was a JC transfer.

AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE BEASELY BBALL BOARD.

Who say that if WSU gets a 4,5 star like Stuart House, that didnt get Pac offers, that WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for House, because he a 4,5 star wasnt offered, even though there was INTEREST.

So if WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for 4,5 star House, who didnt get Pac offers, but had INTEREST, then WSU didnt win a recruiting battle for 3 star JC Transfer Deon McIntosh, if those colleges didnt offer after he JC transfer(highschool offers dont count has to be JC transfer offers), and if he just chose WSU, when he could have chose those other colleges, even if were to not have offered him as a JC transfer, even if they INTERESTED, but no offer.

AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE BBALL BOARD AND THEIR LOGIC. THATS WHAT THEY WOULD PROBABLY SAY.

That and they think that WSU hasnt, doesnt, cant, wont win recruiting battles against Blue Blood Colleges for 3,4,5 star recruits in both Bball and probably football as well, and have the:

POOR OLE LITTLE OLE WSU CANT WIN RECRUITING BATTLES AGAINST BLUE BLOOD COLLEGES FOR 3,4,5 STAR RECRUITS, IN BBALL AND FOOTBALL AND CANT WIN LOSER MENTALITY CULTURE.

(Done with making point to, about Bball board. Sorry I know this is the football board. And that I probably shouldnt have done that.)

Awesome pick up. Nice to see WSU win these recruiting battles against the Blue Blood Colleges.

This was a good instinct. Next step is trusting those instincts and acting accordingly.

My fullback comment has to do more with goal line, or 3rd/4th & 1, than anything else. In watching Markoff in the spring game, when he flairs out of the backfield and catches the ball, he immediately turns north/south and hits the line of scrimmage or slightly beyond that with a full head of steam. So he could run it up the gut or he could catch out of the backfield. Not much risk that he will get more than 5 yards, but pretty hard to keep him from getting 1 or 2. And as a change of pace from what a halfback can do, it is an interesting wrinkle. It's not even impossible that he could be a lead blocker for a halfback in a short yardage situation. Will CML use him that way? Who knows? But I will say this for Leach: there is a new wrinkle or two every year. Now that he actually happens to have a FB, maybe he will use him. One more thing to watch for.

We sure have come a long ways.........

"WSU offered McIntosh coming out of high school, as did a bunch of other schools including Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Michigan and more. This time around in coming out of junior college, McIntosh told CF.C he chose Washington State over Miami, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Kansas State and others."
Stupid trivia - This kid’s coming out of Last Chance U... East Mississippi CC. That school has some pretty solid history. Of course, they’re not filming at EMCC anymore, but Calvin Jackson Jr. of season 3 looks like he is working out for us. Not to mention that you could hear Minshew mentioned a couple of times in Season 1 or 2 when EMCC played Northwest Mississippi CC.

My fullback comment has to do more with goal line, or 3rd/4th & 1, than anything else. In watching Markoff in the spring game, when he flairs out of the backfield and catches the ball, he immediately turns north/south and hits the line of scrimmage or slightly beyond that with a full head of steam. So he could run it up the gut or he could catch out of the backfield. Not much risk that he will get more than 5 yards, but pretty hard to keep him from getting 1 or 2. And as a change of pace from what a halfback can do, it is an interesting wrinkle. It's not even impossible that he could be a lead blocker for a halfback in a short yardage situation. Will CML use him that way? Who knows? But I will say this for Leach: there is a new wrinkle or two every year. Now that he actually happens to have a FB, maybe he will use him. One more thing to watch for.

I don't think the new wrinkle will include lining up in I backs and running ISO.

If the kid gets on the field it will probably be as a bigger back, not a lead blocker. Although I wouldn't hate it if they used him as such to force the defense into playing more men in the box.

They ran split backs last year pretty well with MB and JW. There's a reason they signed the new back. It isn't to run with a lead blocker. They wanna throw the ball.

he's not a big time stud but, he got a lot of work vs North Carolina 2 years ago and got the game ball

he's not a big time stud but, he got a lot of work vs North Carolina 2 years ago and got the game ball

He may not be a big game stud, but:

1. He doesnt have to be with Borghi, who will probably start in front of him.

2. What Notre Dame, and its fans consider a big game stud is probably different then WSU, and its fans.

3. Leach and the Air Raid has a habit of minimizing, limiting weaknesses, and maximizing strengths, hekping them to be more then they are, should be.

4. With the Air Raid and only 3,4, 5 at most in box, dont have to be a big game stud to run ball, for 3.5,4,5,6,6.5 yards.

5. Also with Air Raid its designed to get even a non big game stud RB into either open space, or 1 on 1 in semi open space, where RB can get 4 to 7 yards by either running over defender, making defender miss, or having 4 to 7 yards of open field to go north, south on.

6. Might not be a big game stud, but probably can do what should be able to do in Air Raid.

7. If he offers ok depth to Borghi, he doesnt have to be a big game stud.

8. Since the RB's dont run as much in the Air Raid, compared to other systems, offenses, then a RB doesnt have to be a big game stud in the Air Raid.

9. WSU's level of competition is probably not as good as Notre Dame, so because of that dont need #2 RB to be a big game stud.

10. Even if not a big game stud, getting this RB is probably still a pretty good, ok get.

This is a great late addition to a position we are thin at. Nice to pair Borghi with another running pass catching option. Go Cougs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT