ADVERTISEMENT

New running back commit has a 10.4 100-meter time

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
and a 21.4 in the 200 meters. Not sure how good he is laterally, but he gets it done as the crow flies.

and a 21.4 in the 200 meters. Not sure how good he is laterally, but he gets it done as the crow flies.
Maybe flying around the field at close to 210 after a redshirt season and several practices. 3rd fastest kid in Cal last year. Can't have enough players with legit speed.

If you are talking about Cole Dubot,he is slated to become a linebacker. He is listed at 6'1 -185. So if he can put on 35-40 pds and keep most of his speed ,he will become part of a speedy defense.

If you are talking about Cole Dubot,he is slated to become a linebacker. He is listed at 6'1 -185. So if he can put on 35-40 pds and keep most of his speed ,he will become part of a speedy defense.

We are beginning to see parts of a defense that Grinch wants. He wants very fast players, even if they are a little smaller.

A 185 kid at HS with that speed works. Not sure you want him getting up to 240, but at 6' 1 certainly can get him to 215 and have a nice hybrid, nickel backer type. Looks promising.

Reactions: froropmkr72
A 185 kid at HS with that speed works. Not sure you want him getting up to 240, but at 6' 1 certainly can get him to 215 and have a nice hybrid, nickel backer type. Looks promising.

Exactly. Remember the days of former WSU linebackers Ron Childs, Chris Hayes, etc. They were in the range of around 6'0"-6'1" and 210 to 220lbs. They were not big, but they were fast and could cover a lot of ground.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Huskies recruit speed. I guess that didn't help them this year on both sides of the ball by your logic.

Huskies recruit speed. I guess that didn't help them this year on both sides of the ball by your logic.
Yeah, they all of their HS track stars are on the sidelines watching the real football players play.

Exactly. Remember the days of former WSU linebackers Ron Childs, Chris Hayes, etc. They were in the range of around 6'0"-6'1" and 210 to 220lbs. They were not big, but they were fast and could cover a lot of ground.
Looks like a nickel.

And they could tackle

i believe that the cougs have targeted Caleb Perry from Seattle for a RB scholarship.He has a 10.6 100 meters and is quicker and more elusive.He will be visiting on 1/14 and has offers from Missouri and others. I think that he is the Washington St 100 meter champ in track. He would be a great pickup for the cougs.

We are beginning to see parts of a defense that Grinch wants. He wants very fast players, even if they are a little smaller.
He doesn't need to put on 40 pounds and plug running lanes like Pelluer. If he can hold up ok physically at 210 and get past people trying to block him and make tackles, put him out there and let him chase.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT