ADVERTISEMENT

Now that it has hit the Spokesman.....

Actually that is not a right you have as a US citizen. The state can punish you for that particular speech. The state cannot take any action against Leach for his tweet without violating hist First Amendment rights.
I've already told him that this summer. He thought I was full of crap. So maybe from someone in the legal profession he'll believe it.

I'm waiting for a lawsuit to be filed against a university somewhere over a conservative student getting a low grade for expressing his/her views in class. It may have happened already, but I haven't heard of it.
Don't know about a lawsuit, but there have been brush ups about it. Not going to dig into the internet right now to find them, but there are videos as well.

Heres another one: my 11 year old was asked to give his thoughts and opinions on the LGBT community, go into detail, and then defend those ideas.

He's in 6th grade. He had to ask what LGBT was.

My jaw was on the ground reading that question. Not sure if there is a violation of rights there, but it sure reeks of profiling.

My little guy replied "I don't have any opinions on that topic and I don't think that it is a topic appropriate for 6th graders." *high five*

Caveat - I get where they are probably going towards (anti-bullying), but that is a hell of a way to get there.

a) not to start a political shit storm, but if true that move couldn't be any more democrat if it were dressed as a donkey and painted itself blue. who gives a flying rip which way your coach leans - he's there to win football games.
b) yes the tweet was a bad look by Leach, but again - you don't have to like Leach to like the Cougs and the direction they are heading. If you pull your monetary support from possibly the best coach (and team) to ever step foot in Pullman, gfy. turn in your cougar card and go bleed purple and piss.

It was never about red or blue, it was about the fact that he promoted a doctored video and then defended his actions despite being informed that said video was doctored. He was essentially promoting a conspiracy theory.

In normal times, that is something that should cause you to be embarrassed. But in these times, apparently you can just scoff at it as democrats being snowflakes or something.

Reactions: HHusky and Cougzz
It was never about red or blue, it was about the fact that he promoted a doctored video and then defended his actions despite being informed that said video was doctored. He was essentially promoting a conspiracy theory.

In normal times, that is something that should cause you to be embarrassed. But in these times, apparently you can just scoff at it as democrats being snowflakes or something.
Why would I be embarrassed at what CML does or believes? Because he the coach at my school?

Geezus fcking christ people. He's not Bill Cosby or Ted Kazcynski. He's a bit of a loon that believes some stupid shit.

He's also a freaking football genius, a damn good person and human being (by all accounts), and a boon for the university as a whole. Am I willing to overlook an embarrassing (for him) one time gaffe? You bet your ass.

It seems to me that you think CML knew it was doctored. Is that your supposition?

Why would I be embarrassed at what CML does or believes? Because he the coach at my school?

Geezus fcking christ people. He's not Bill Cosby or Ted Kazcynski. He's a bit of a loon that believes some stupid shit.

He's also a freaking football genius, a damn good person and human being (by all accounts), and a boon for the university as a whole. Am I willing to overlook an embarrassing (for him) one time gaffe? You bet your ass.

I didn't mean you as in alumni or fans of the school. I meant you as in the person who did it, as in Leach, who cleary DNGAF.

He knew it was doctored once people made him aware it was doctored. He was presented proof and even acknowledged it. After which he doubled down on it.
I followed and even tweeted in that thread. I took it as he didn't know it was doctored. When told it was doctored, he asked for proof. When someone FINALLY linked to the actual Obama speech, that's when he shut it down.

Question is whether these are future contributions that the University was aware of beforehand or just some BS that someone put in an e-mail ?

Not putting it past somebody with an agenda to say that they previously had such and such amount in their will going to WSU, but now they are so enraged that they have changed it. I have some contributions to a couple of schools in my will and have never notified the schools that they are in there. Never would have thought to do so.

Like you say WSU had not seen the money and if the person is young enough probably would not have seen it for years. Sure nothing you budget for thinking they had this money coming in and in what year.

There several unknowns. Probably why it is a good idea to leave politics and religion, other than the religion of football out of the public discussion.

Is it yesterday's news, somewhat. Is it affecting football short term and near term? Nope. Will it be forgotten? Yep, for the most part.But politics is pretty dividing right now, and it tends to have a longer memory.

Here is what we don't know, how much Leach means to the university? How many more season tickets are being sold? What was the financial benefit to the school to have Game day in Pullman? Does Leach's cost and the expense of the program and lack of revenue put the school in a better or worse position financially? What is the financial impact of having ESPN cover another game, and how is it impacted by having the game at night.

Also, we don't know if there are more donors who share Trumps political views that actually have decided to donate more. WSU may have offended a few but were there more from a similar point of view that stepped up?

Also, there is also a bigger unknown. Was there potentially someone willing to step up and start to fund the Indoor Facility that has now decided not to, or vice versa, that someone is now willing to step forward and hasn't done so before? The old paperbox theory.

Finally, here is a story of an old guy who looked rather average when he went into the bank in Spokane. Jeans, tee-shirt and boots. Went in to make a deposit into his sons account. When he was done he asked the teller to validate his parking. The teller chose not validate the parking.

The next day the bank lost its biggest depositor over not validating the customers parking.

The bank of course survived. But the moral of the story is don't create headaches when they can easily be avoided.

There several unknowns. Probably why it is a good idea to leave politics and religion, other than the religion of football out of the public discussion.

Is it yesterday's news, somewhat. Is it affecting football short term and near term? Nope. Will it be forgotten? Yep, for the most part.But politics is pretty dividing right now, and it tends to have a longer memory.

Here is what we don't know, how much Leach means to the university? How many more season tickets are being sold? What was the financial benefit to the school to have Game day in Pullman? Does Leach's cost and the expense of the program and lack of revenue put the school in a better or worse position financially? What is the financial impact of having ESPN cover another game, and how is it impacted by having the game at night.

Also, we don't know if there are more donors who share Trumps political views that actually have decided to donate more. WSU may have offended a few but were there more from a similar point of view that stepped up?

Also, there is also a bigger unknown. Was there potentially someone willing to step up and start to fund the Indoor Facility that has now decided not to, or vice versa, that someone is now willing to step forward and hasn't done so before? The old paperbox theory.

Finally, here is a story of an old guy who looked rather average when he went into the bank in Spokane. Jeans, tee-shirt and boots. Went in to make a deposit into his sons account. When he was done he asked the teller to validate his parking. The teller chose not validate the parking.

The next day the bank lost its biggest depositor over not validating the customers parking.

The bank of course survived. But the moral of the story is don't create headaches when they can easily be avoided.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

For me, I'm disappointed that the media, regardless of it's political leanings, feels the need to rehash a dead issue because they are trying to sell copy. Unethical, lying bastards wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face.

Also, I've stuck up for Schulz on a couple issues but I'm kind of pissed at him for being baited into giving a quote on the subject. This is the kind of crap that gets under Mike Leach's skin. Having the president of WSU say, "I don't expect a repeat situation from Leach" is the kind of statement that makes Leach want to make a statement. As I mentioned last week, the Texas Tech grad said that the relationship between Leach and the administration started to deteriorate when the administration started to dictate demands to him. You could argue that Leach needs to understand his place, but at that point, you're also arguing that you are comfortable with him deciding that his place is elsewhere.

One bad night on the internet on a hot summer night would be the stupidest reason ever to lose your head football coach.

Yep if this Schultz has not seen every actual Will or other documentation that supports that $1.6 million amount then he is really stupid to give that number to the press. I can already see a wave of snowflakes using this as a ploy. It was in my Will but now it's not because someone got their feelings hurt. The newspaper is also highly deceptive in not qualifying that it was not actual money on the table, but some non-verified promise to contribute if a person(s) died in the future.

If Leach leaves maybe it will be to find a place where the local newspapers are not recycling old hack job stories right before his 9-1 team is about to play for the conference championship. That place is practically anywhere on the map.

Reactions: mikalalas
How thin skinned must one be to take away pledged funds for an educational institution because you don't like the coach's politics or tweets?

You have to be one shallow, self-absorbed SOB to do something like that.

Do we have any names of these "donors?" These quality human beings? These people that put their politics above their charity?

How thin skinned must one be to take away pledged funds for an educational institution because you don't like the coach's politics or tweets?

You have to be one shallow, self-absorbed SOB to do something like that.

Do we have any names of these "donors?" These quality human beings? These people that put their politics above their charity?

Who the hell are you to judge people who give money to charity? Just by this post I can pretty much say that these donors are much better people than you are. "Shallow, self-absorbed SOB's". "Quality human beings". What a f-ing jerk you are to say that shit.

And this whole thread has gone way off the rails. And from what I'm reading, it's the right-wing element of this board that is taking it there. Talk about putting your politics above other things.

F it. I'm getting pissed off now. No more of this thread for me.

Who the hell are you to judge people who give money to charity? Just by this post I can pretty much say that these donors are much better people than you are. "Shallow, self-absorbed SOB's". "Quality human beings". What a f-ing jerk you are to say that shit.

And this whole thread has gone way off the rails. And from what I'm reading, it's the right-wing element of this board that is taking it there. Talk about putting your politics above other things.

F it. I'm getting pissed off now. No more of this thread for me.
Answer the question:

Did you pull your donation because of the tweet? Yes or no?

Reactions: mikalalas

SgsXJ1X.jpg

Grow up.

To donate money to an EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION and then throw a tantrum about it because you don't like the FOOTBALL COACH'S POLITICS is flipping shallow.

Kind of like you, Loyal Coug. Too bad those guys in that lame bar story you told didn't give you the ass the kicking your loud mouthed personality deserves.

Again, grow up Asshat.

Last edited:
I don't have to answer your or anyone else's questions.

That said, No I did not.

Now I'm done with this thread.
I knew I could bait you back in... heh heh heh.

I'm sure you consider yourself a regular, rational person (at least to the extent any of us on this board are...), and I would wager that no one else on this board, or anyone you know personally, withdrew their donation because of that tweet.

It was a shallow, selfish, self-righteous act.

I'm sure you consider yourself a regular, rational person (at least to the extent any of us on this board are...), and I would wager that no one else on this board, or anyone you know personally, withdrew their donation because of that tweet.

All right - THIS is my last post on this out of control thread.

First - you suck for baiting me back in. Damn you! :mad:

Second - I am glad that you agree that CML's stupid tweet was a shallow, selfish, self-righteous act. Now let's all stop this nonsense. :eek:

All right - THIS is my last post on this out of control thread.

First - you suck for baiting me back in. Damn you! :mad:

Second - I am glad that you agree that CML's stupid tweet was a shallow, selfish, self-righteous act. Now let's all stop this nonsense. :eek:

You're the worst quitter of all time.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN

Why, for some it is their core of what they believe and don't believe. It is interesting you would call someone who is leaving WSU 1.6 selfish.

Ed its not 1 person giving WSU 1.6 million.

It doesnt say how the 1.6 million breaks down as far as how many donaters make up that 1.6 million.

Nobody is saying the donaters are selfish for donating.

Please Read Very Carefully Here:

THEY ARE SAYING THAT ANYBODY WHO RESCINDS, TAKES BACK A DONATION, THUS NOT DONATING, JUST BECAUSE A COACH POST THEIR PERSONAL OPINION IS SELFISH.

Now if they Donate and Do Not Take Back Donation, despite coach's personal opinion, they are NOT selfish.

NO DONATOR IS SELFISH.

Taking back a donation for any reason, let alone a personal opinion of a coach,IS NOT DONATING

Thus if a person calls a person selfish for taking back a donation and thus not donating, they are are not calling a donator selfish because taking back a donation is not making a donation.

Old news. My concern is why did Schultz/Weiler even have to mention a dollar amount? That's just adding fuel to the fire. Couldn't they have just diplomatically said: "Yes, some donors may alter their estate gifts but nothing is set in stone and they are free to reconsider" and left it at that.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Again. Why the article now. This is such old news. And I have donated more this year than ever.

Old news. My concern is why did Schultz/Weiler even have to mention a dollar amount? That's just adding fuel to the fire. Couldn't they have just diplomatically said: "Yes, some donors may alter their estate gifts but nothing is set in stone and they are free to reconsider" and left it at that.

My thoughts exactly. What compelled him to disclose this to a local newspaper?
I’ve now seen a blurb of it on a couple news site

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I’ve been wondering about the timing of this story, just when other universities are hiring coaches.

Not to be over dramatic but if Leach is not on the sidelines for WSU next season everyone should point to this incident as the reason. The President of WSU giving a specific dollar amount of estate pledges of which he probably has not even reviewed all them to be legitimate is over the top irresponsible. Think about how easy it would be for a person to state in an e-mail that they had WSUl in their will but they are mad now and they changed it. Never mind how silly it is to do that in the first place.

If the President would have made the statement that you suggest this would be a non-story . The trolls in the twitter-sphere are not going to go ballistic with a statement like that. Leached screwed up to begin with but the President single handedly resurrected this story with stupidity. This resurrection of the story is solely on him .

Reactions: ATACFD
Not to be over dramatic but if Leach is not on the sidelines for WSU next season everyone should point to this incident as the reason. The President of WSU giving a specific dollar amount of estate pledges of which he probably has not even reviewed all them to be legitimate is over the top irresponsible. Think about how easy it would be for a person to state in an e-mail that they had WSUl in their will but they are mad now and they changed it. Never mind how silly it is to do that in the first place.

If the President would have made the statement that you suggest this would be a non-story . The trolls in the twitter-sphere are not going to go ballistic with a statement like that. Leached screwed up to begin with but the President single handedly resurrected this story with stupidity. This resurrection of the story is solely on him .

That speculation is probably not accurate.

Likely what happened is the LMT made a Freedom of Information Act related to anything Leach's tweets/complaints thereof, etc. Probably some disgruntled alums/wannabe politicians trying to make a point by sending a pointed email suggesting his massive estate that he planned on giving to his alma mater was now going elsewhere. Oh well - Go Cougs, you thin-skinned bastard.

Very likely then the LMT presented the 'evidence' to Schultz and confronted HIM with the amount. There's no way in hell that Schultz brings this up on his own. He has no incentive to be at odds with Leach or embarrass him. What the F was he supposed to say?

The FOIA is the pot-stirring reporter's best friend. Never forget that. Also never forget there are people at WSU/who've been employed at WSU who may have an ax to grind vs. Schultz and tipped the reporters to stir up sh*t. It doesn't just happen on its own.

The Moscow-Pullman Daily News reported around 60 emails were sent to the Cougar Athletic Fund, WSU’s fundraising arm for athletics, following the tweet.

Reactions: TZCoug84

Success doesn’t reveal character. Adversity does. To me CML will always be the guy who threw his troops under the bus after a debacle at Utah.

He’s an interesting dude, but like his favorite current political figure, nothing was EVER his fault. I would love to have a beer with him, but I wouldn’t go to war with him. He is a damn interesting human being. But damn good would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

Success doesn’t reveal character. Adversity does. To me CML will always be the guy who threw his troops under the bus after a debacle at Utah.

I can't believe I'm going to actually take bait here...

He wasn't wrong in what he said during that season/game. He's also taken blame for various other things as well. That certain instance was a culture change wake up call to that team.

I can't believe I'm going to actually take bait here...

He wasn't wrong in what he said during that season/game. He's also taken blame for various other things as well. That certain instance was a culture change wake up call to that team.
Had a whole "thing". Decided to not bite. Good luck. lol:)

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
He was wrong in how he handled it publicly. And if he ever owned up to costing the Cougs at least two games I can remember with his poor clock management, I missed it.

He’s an interesting dude, but like his favorite current political figure, nothing was EVER his fault. I would love to have a beer with him, but I wouldn’t go to war with him. He is a damn interesting human being. But damn good would be an exaggeration in my opinion.

You know what - regardless of how I may feel about the handling of that particular situation - I dismiss and strongly disagree with your opinion about the WSU head coach. Simply because Apple Cup week begins in about 12 hours and your opinions and beliefs mean squat. I don't see any need to wait on summarily dismissing anything any husky says or does. Because they are just wrong no matter what.

He was wrong in how he handled it publicly. And if he ever owned up to costing the Cougs at least two games I can remember with his poor clock management, I missed it.
lol. Clock management and losing "at least two games" is akin to "going to war"... Got it. Perspective of the conversation is always important. You aren't just a comedian. You're a comedian that wears purple and pee.

You know what - regardless of how I may feel about the handling of that particular situation - I dismiss and strongly disagree with your opinion about the WSU head coach. Simply because Apple Cup week begins in about 12 hours and your opinions and beliefs mean squat. I don't see any need to wait on summarily dismissing anything any husky says or does. Because they are just wrong no matter what.
I think we can agree he is a good football coach.

lol. Clock management and losing "at least two games" is akin to "going to war"... Got it. Perspective of the conversation is always important. You aren't just a comedian. You're a comedian that wears purple and pee.

Does that mean you can’t recall him taking responsibility for the losses to CU and CSU either?

Unless your name is Gardner Minshew who gives a damn who you would go to war with.

Your coach is no saint either. Read the way he pawned off a player with a known history of violence against women off on Baylor without a mention of it to Baylor and save your righteous indignation. I guess what happens in Boise stays in Boise is also a Husky motto.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articl...from-the-schools-assistant-athletic-director/

Unless your name is Gardner Minshew who gives a damn who you would go to war with.

Your coach is no saint either. Read the way he pawned off a player with a known history of violence against women off on Baylor without a mention of it to Baylor and save your righteous indignation. I guess what happens in Boise stays in Boise is also a Husky motto.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articl...from-the-schools-assistant-athletic-director/

Most of us know who we would believe as between Chris Petersen and Art Briles.

Most of us know who we would believe as between Chris Petersen and Art Briles.

You obviously did not read the article . It had zero do to with Briles v.s. Pete .

It is entirely the actual incident reports on the player when he was at Boise. All the ways Pete was informed directly and was cc'ed. Also the clearance letter on the player from Boise to Baylor .

This thankfully for Pete got swallowed up by all of the other Baylor mess. But this article has nothing but all factual information ( which you do not want to read) no he said/ he said.

This is all from the Boise AD's email ( another FOI request deal) and correspondence between Boise admission and Baylor. All papered facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT