ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL APPLE CUP GAME THREAD

Was yelling "don't go for it on 4th down" on that first drive. Honestly, WTF. Do we think they're THATmuch better? Do we have THAT little faith in our defense? Why are we trying to get in a hole in the first effing drive?

So now we're in a 7-0 hole in the first 2.5 minutes of the game because The Mad Scientist just s--- the bed. Bet he's got some hilarious dating advice tho!!

Yeah, the touchdown run bothered me a lot more

Really not the start we're looking for here.

Originally posted by chipdouglas:
So now we're in a 7-0 hole in the first 2.5 minutes of the game because The Mad Scientist just s--- the bed. Bet he's got some hilarious dating advice tho!!
Yep, we totally would have caught Washington on that 51-yard untouched run if it had been from 20 yards back.

Um, you think we get a 20-yard punt 425? We were at midfield. That's an inside-10-yard liner right there. So yeah, we DO stop it. Our D has issues when you make them defend 5 turnovers, but otherwise they'll put up a respectable effort in these games.

As I write, we just had another turnover on downs. FFS.

I like CML and I think he's an upgrade, but if you've taken a suicide pact with him to the point where you can't accept any criticism, you're no better than a Woof honk.

Washington has trouble on offense. We don't.

WSU has trouble on defense. They don't.

Play to your strengths. Don't give them any more field than you have to.

Where the MFING HELL is our punt team? Can we please fair catch the effing ball? We give up about 100 yards a game letting those roll FFS!

I relent. Giving them the ball at midfield and giving up 7 on their first 2 plays from scrimmage was infinitely preferable to forcing them to drive the length of the field at or behind their 25. Learn something new every day!

No, the "no one within 20 yards" defense would have looked way different from the 30 than the 50. And going for it on the next drive wasn't a blatant drop away from a TD. You're totally right.

Why do you keep saying it's a 20 yard boot? Our ST may be trash but we can punt 30+ yards minimum. Will you at least admit that we have a BETTER chance of stopping a big run if they have to go 80-90 yards than 50? Or do you have the cyanide pill in your molar?

And as I write, we give them the ball yet AGAIN! I'm not against 4th down conversions, but give our team an effing chance before you start making them play from behind.

It's not a 20 yard punt, it's a 40 yard punt that results in a touchback, as it has been in most of those scenarios- we haven't torn it up at pinning guys back, you get that, right?

In either case we force them to drive an extra 25-50 yards, which makes ANY TD less likely, you get that right?

We're rooting for the same team, you understand. We both recognize CML is a great coach and an upgrade over what we had. What I'm trying to assess with you right now is whether you think he's also an infallible deity.

You're weighing it as though a fail on fourth down is a given- I think we have a better chance converting 4th and 2 than I do of that 20 yards being decisive for our defense, and no, I don't think our bad special teams would have pinned them back. I'm aware of the team were both rooting for; given what we've seen this year, that two yards is a better proposition than a great ST play pinning them deep.

Protection is struggling

Hope we start seeing something to negotiate that, their d-line is all over Falk.

Don't even need to "pin them deep" though that is a real possibility.

And as I write, our ST flipped the field for a 40 yard punt. If you still think we can't do it, WE JUST DID.

We're playing the screen really damn well on D. Can't give them those big gainers though right after big TFLs though.

They hit a 30 yard punt and pinned them at the 28, and they hit two big plays.

You're not making the convincing argument you think you are. Now watch a team ACTUALLY flip field position.

Really, I don't care in the grand scheme of things because this team should have a kicker where at least two of those are FG attempts- that needs to be fixed by next year.

What are you talking about? It was a 38-yard punt to the WAS 26.

FTR, if we had kicked a 38-yard punt on that first drive, they would have been backed up to the 4.

HTH.

Of all the units that could let the team down

I really didn't expect it to be the receivers, even with the cold as bad as it is.

Down 14-0 at home to a bad offense. Blanked in the first half by a good defense.

Go Cougs.

Our tiny little RB gets crushed on the kick, and they start up with their retarded "hoo-hooing," which is like "O'Doyle rules!"

Now the INT. Perfect.

That turnover is huge.
UW gets the ball to start the 2nd half as well.
Now an interception.

Got to stop the bleeding and it has not be the fault of the defense.

Does anyone like Joey Harrington? I don't even think Ducks like JH. I don't even think Joey's wife likes Joey. WHOA!

Yeah this is disheartening

the program really, really needed a better performance from the offense in particular tonight. Criminy

You saw on the TD replay that 2 Coug players were together so one guy took the wrong angle and that left the middle wide open. Bad start to both halves.

This game might get ugly.

Bailed out on that formation penalty

Leach has been calling timeouts all season to get the defense together. Where was one on THAT play??

Yes, two big 3rd down conversions. Defense holds them to a FG but you can see that the Cougs still need a better D-line push and more depth. It's getting better but recruiting JUCOs is a must here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT