ADVERTISEMENT

Official Coug vs Trees game thread

Just a HUGE win by a team that can deliver when its in the line. The word is definately out. Love it. The Minshew name will def go national now.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Damn finally the cougs have a QB who delivers in the clutch. hats off the O Line and their coach.

The 1997 Cougs are shaking their collective heads.....although they are hoping you are right. We'd have to win a Rose Bowl to beat that season (or make the CFP?)

Was right there. But 97 had a ton of returnees and a heralded multi-year starter at QB

To overcome the adversity of Tyler’s death and the mass exodus of assistants. Amazing.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Check out this stat line from Minshew:

40-50, 438 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints, 80% completion
It was his best game. Forget the stats, Stanford basically took away Tay Martin with their top corner and mixed up their looks all game long, and he STILL got the better of them. He's getting better, scary as that is.

Check out this stat line from Minshew:

40-50, 438 yards, 3 tds, 0 ints, 80% completion
His second half. 24-27! One of the incomplete passes was a throw away. Wow! Of course a great job by the receivers as well. They ate everything up as well.

It was his best game. Forget the stats, Stanford basically took away Tay Martin with their top corner and mixed up their looks all game long, and he STILL got the better of them. He's getting better, scary as that is.

Best game for sure. He also completed his first 19 passes in the second half. Talk about stepping it up when we were clearly outplayed in the 1st half. I was wondering how this team would handle that halftime adversity. They delivered under Minshew's leadership.

My pre-game prediction was standard issue, but my mid-game comment was legit. I didn’t think we had a chance in Hell of coming back tonight.

What a win.

According to Stanford's official scorekeeper, Rodrick Fisher managed to make a tackle today (despite having shoulder surgery last week and not being in Palo Alto). Only the best at Stanford!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT