ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason debate: Better run...

Fab5Coug

Hall Of Fame
Nov 10, 2007
2001-2003
or
2015-2018 thus far?

Argument for 01-03. Back to back to back 10 win seasons. 30 wins total. Conference Championship. Rose Bowl appearance. 2-1 in bowl games. Holiday Bowl win over #6 Texas.

Argument for 15-18. 4 seasons vs 3. 37 wins total. 11 win season. 2-2 in bowl games. Alamo Bowl win.

To me, it comes down to, is the 4th season in this run more valuable than the Rose Bowl appearance. The signature bowl wins are interesting in that the Alamo is the more prestigious bowl, but the Holiday featured the better opponent.

2001-2003
or
2015-2018 thus far?

Argument for 01-03. Back to back to back 10 win seasons. 30 wins total. Conference Championship. Rose Bowl appearance. 2-1 in bowl games. Holiday Bowl win over #6 Texas.

Argument for 15-18. 4 seasons vs 3. 37 wins total. 11 win season. 2-2 in bowl games. Alamo Bowl win.

To me, it comes down to, is the 4th season in this run more valuable than the Rose Bowl appearance. The signature bowl wins are interesting in that the Alamo is the more prestigious bowl, but the Holiday featured the better opponent.
? When did they start playing a 12 game regular season schedule?

01-03. 10 wins was more impressive with an 11 game schedule. I believe we were also the first team in PAC-12 History to have 3 straight 10 win seasons (could be wrong? Fact check)

Also bizarre is the 2 best stretches we’ve had we did not beat UW once. Understandable during this run as UWs been a top 15 team but we should have wiped the floor with them 01-03, those UW teams were mediocre at best.

Reactions: earldacoug
2001-2003
or
2015-2018 thus far?

Holiday was the #2 bowl for the Pac-10 and number 3 for the Big XII back in 2003. K-State beat an undefeated Oklahoma team in the Big XII championship, resulting in K-State going to the Fiesta Bowl, OK to the Sugar Bowl, and mighty Texas "falling" to the Holiday Bowl.

Like your children, they're each special and wonderful in their own ways.

The current run isn't over. In 2004, there was a feeling that things were coming to an end. There are 9 starters coming back on offense, and 18 of the 22 on the two deep. Defense needs some rebuilding, but the personnel are on hand. And it's more recent. So, I'm partial to this one.

Reactions: earldacoug
Holiday was the #2 bowl for the Pac-10 and number 3 for the Big XII back in 2003. K-State beat an undefeated Oklahoma team in the Big XII championship, resulting in K-State going to the Fiesta Bowl, OK to the Sugar Bowl, and mighty Texas "falling" to the Holiday Bowl.

Like your children, they're each special and wonderful in their own ways.

The current run isn't over. In 2004, there was a feeling that things were coming to an end. There are 9 starters coming back on offense, and 18 of the 22 on the two deep. Defense needs some rebuilding, but the personnel are on hand. And it's more recent. So, I'm partial to this one.

Yea, and this one, Oklahoma made the playoff, moving Texas up to the Sugar, then the Alamo passed up higher ranked WVU in favor or ISU. Interesting how that's worked out. Good move for the Alamo. WVU no showed for their bowl and their best player sat. I have to think ISU sold more tics than WVU would have.

Yea, and this one, Oklahoma made the playoff, moving Texas up to the Sugar, then the Alamo passed up higher ranked WVU in favor or ISU. Interesting how that's worked out. Good move for the Alamo. WVU no showed for their bowl and their best player sat. I have to think ISU sold more tics than WVU would have.
ISU sure travels well. I am sure travel expenses are a little less than coming from the nw. But they have a team that shows up .

I wonder what Leach would have done if his qb pulled what WVU’s did to its fan base and Hokgerson .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT