ADVERTISEMENT

OJ dead

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
That trial, and the amount of media coverage surrounding the events of his wife killing (police chase), will be something we might never see again.

Robert Kardashian's, one of OJ's attorneys, his kids have obviously made names for themselves.

OJ's is/was a POS.

I will never forget "the OJ verdict". Out of school a few-ish years working in Seattle. A bunch of people loaded into conference rooms to watch. As we sat I realized I was more interested in the room reaction than the verdict itself (expected "not guilty"). It was intense and extreme in both directions. Never haved seen anything quite like it before or since.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

I will never forget the slow speed chase, which occurred when I was in a back yard in Moses Lake, visiting from SoCal. It is not politically correct to note what was being said at that time in that yard.

OJ's is/was a POS.

I will never forget "the OJ verdict". Out of school a few-ish years working in Seattle. A bunch of people loaded into conference rooms to watch. As we sat I realized I was more interested in the room reaction than the verdict itself (expected "not guilty"). It was intense and extreme in both directions. Never haved seen anything quite like it before or since.

I was at a car expo in a convention hall when the results were announced. 95% of the room was "WTF?" and there was a small group of black people in the corner cheering wildly. It was pretty crazy to be amongst a large group of people at that moment.

Good documentary/series on it came out a few years ago. The prosecution blew it pushing to have the glove tried on by him. Pretty fascinating, leather shrinks and he wore a latex glove underneath. That one stupid mistake probably kept him from doing life.

I was at a car expo in a convention hall when the results were announced. 95% of the room was "WTF?" and there was a small group of black people in the corner cheering wildly. It was pretty crazy to be amongst a large group of people at that moment.
Yeah, that was pretty much my experience although the numbers were more split. The white people were upset including tears. The black people were celebrating. The Asian people seemed a bit in "limbo" seemingly not knowing what they should do. I honestly didn't understand any of the reactions, but they were all very strong so I was the oddball.

Good documentary/series on it came out a few years ago. The prosecution blew it pushing to have the glove tried on by him. Pretty fascinating, leather shrinks and he wore a latex glove underneath. That one stupid mistake probably kept him from doing life.
Nah he was going to get off regardless. Many people saw this as a black and white issue but the greater lesson is about what money does for you in the legal process .

Also Barry Schek was a great blood work attorney and he confused the jury saying how blood was mixed up. Mark Furman didnt help matters .

Yeah, that was pretty much my experience although the numbers were more split. The white people were upset including tears. The black people were celebrating. The Asian people seemed a bit in "limbo" seemingly not knowing what they should do. I honestly didn't understand any of the reactions, but they were all very strong so I was the oddball.

I get that Black people go through a lot of George Floyd situations, where they are mistreated, etc.

But that said, NOT every time a black person is in trouble with the law, etc, is because of being mistreated.

A couple, few, some, etc, blacks get into trouble because they broke the law, etc.

Not all Whites that get into trouble get off. Some to a lot of whites get into trouble because they broke the law, etc.

What people of all races need to do, including blacks, is leave race out of it. And only look at the Facts, etc.

If a person is guilty, and they get convicted, people of all races, should look at the facts, and if the facts prove that the person is guilty, then all races should be cheering that the factually guilty person got convicted.

If a factually guilty person goes free, gets off, then people of all races should not be cheering, just because the person shares the same race as the people cheering.

It's crazy that THUG MIKE BROWN, that robbed, beat up a small Asian store owner, and then tried to take the police officer's gun, and then charged all 6' 5, 300 pounds at the cop, to beat the cop up, and because of that got shot, should have a statue, and be worshipped as a hero by black people who won't take the time to learn the facts, or ignore the facts, or don't care that he was, is a THUG, just only because he is black, and they are black.

JUST THE FACTS. LEAVE RACE OUT OF IT. IF THEY ARE FACTUALLY GUILTY. BE HAPPY WHEN, IF THEY ARE CONVICTED. IF THE GET OFF, GET AWAY WITH IT, BE UPSET, ETC, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR RACE IS, AND NO MATTER WHAT THE RACE OF THE FACTUALLY GUILTY.

Tired of races happily defending the factually guilty who share the same race as those defending them, happy that they got away with it, etc.

Nah he was going to get off regardless. Many people saw this as a black and white issue but the greater lesson is about what money does for you in the legal process .

Also Barry Schek was a great blood work attorney and he confused the jury saying how blood was mixed up. Mark Furman didnt help matters .
In all seriousness, I have to wonder if the only people who likely didn't understand the "greater lesson" were the people angry and crying about the OJ verdict.

I remember being a little surprised that the jury returned a verdict. I figured it would be a hung jury. Never thought they’d convict him though. The prosecution did a poor job of proving their case, and the all-star team of slimy defense lawyers did a stellar job of turning the focus to the LAPD, Mark Fuhrman, Marcia Clark, and anything but OJ. The whole thing with OJ trying on the glove was the best acting he ever did, and Johnny Cochran was his director.

I wonder if they’ve still got any of the evidence in storage, particularly the glove and the blood drops from inside the car. I’d be interested in seeing what modern DNA testing would say about those.

One of my co-workers mentioned that he had heard a theory that it was OJ's son and OJ went over and picked him up after the murders and took the media hit for his son.

I don't believe that for a second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT