ADVERTISEMENT

One positive about Leach’s rant.

Take his press credentials. If the paper isnt going to write anything but negative views about your school, why have them there? Why have them write anything? No news is better than negative propaganda.

I don't agree with this. Whether he's in the press room or not, he's going to write his columns. It doesn't pay to have a war or words with the media. Bill Belichick has the ideal persona for dealing with them, IMO.

I don't agree with this. Whether he's in the press room or not, he's going to write his columns. It doesn't pay to have a war or words with the media. Bill Belichick has the ideal persona for dealing with them, IMO.

How do his columns get better towards WSU??? Whether he is there or not they suck.

Print journalism is dying. Confrontation drives clicks.

After the game, I went home, started to put up the lights and I was listening to post game remarks. Our coverage ended so I listened to KJR with huge Melon. He did make a remark about the press conference, said Leach was a like a POW who just cracked, told the enemy his unit was just over the second hill.

I get that Blanchette is negative, but why give him life? Why give him oxygen?
Because it was right after the game in a rivalry loss when emotions were high and the question by Blanchette was designed to get an emotional response.

Because it was right after the game in a rivalry loss when emotions were high and the question by Blanchette was designed to get an emotional response.
Leach got called on making an excuse and getting called on the excuse was the reason for his reaction. Unforced error.

Reactions: Cougzz

So in Leach's class about insurgent warfare Blanchette had the perfect offensive that exposed Leach's vulnerability.

You're correct. Blanchette isn't going to change. So, don't invite him into the press room. F*ck him. He's had this coming for 30 years.

So in Leach's class about insurgent warfare Blanchette had the perfect offensive that exposed Leach's vulnerability.
Uh uh

Leach from talking to people in the program (and probably even Mike Price) knows that John Blanchette just shows up to WSU events to shoot the wounded; during 2008-2011 Blanchette kept "hands off" Paul Wulff because of Wulff's Spokane "connection"; and was only at the Apple Cup because the Spokesman & the Cowles kids couldnt afford to send him to the Zags tourney in Bermuda or wherever the hell it was held

Uh uh

Leach from talking to people in the program (and probably even Mike Price) knows that John Blanchette just shows up to WSU events to shoot the wounded; during 2008-2011 Blanchette kept "hands off" Paul Wulff because of Wulff's Spokane "connection"; and was only at the Apple Cup because the Spokesman & the Cowles kids couldnt afford to send him to the Zags tourney in Bermuda or wherever the hell it was held
I thought it was that our buffet table wasn't up to his standards and had a 5 trip maximum?

Reactions: bogusto
Uh uh

First what is Wulff's Spokane connection? and again, What some people see is thin skin. He shoots at the wounded, that may be true. But it is another to jump in front of the bullet. If he is the troll you say he is, he just trolled Leach and got the reaction he wanted.

You're correct. Blanchette isn't going to change. So, don't invite him into the press room. F*ck him. He's had this coming for 30 years.

Wouldn't bother me at all if WSU does that, but even if they do, the hate columns are going to continue. I personally think banning him makes Leach and WSU look like crybabies.

Let him in there. Maybe Leach goes off on him again, which is fun. Maybe Leach ignores him altogether. That's fine too. Banning him though? That seems petty.

Wouldn't bother me at all if WSU does that, but even if they do, the hate columns are going to continue. I personally think banning him makes Leach and WSU look like crybabies.

Let him in there. Maybe Leach goes off on him again, which is fun. Maybe Leach ignores him altogether. That's fine too. Banning him though? That seems petty.
Ignore him and hopefully the Colfax cops will ticket him for going 26 mph on WA195.

First what is Wulff's Spokane connection? and again, What some people see is thin skin. He shoots at the wounded, that may be true. But it is another to jump in front of the bullet. If he is the troll you say he is, he just trolled Leach and got the reaction he wanted.

He coached there for 14 years?

Perhaps a different era, but several years ago Blazers coach Jack Ramsay got fed up with Oregonian columnist Steve Duin (who covered sports at the time) and permanently kicked him out of the room where he gave his usual post game comments. It didn't stop Duin from continuing to write negatively about Dr. Jack and the Blazers, but it sure made Ramsay feel better. Blazers management did nothing to stop the coach from barring Duin. Moral of that story is the negative columns were going to take place whether the reporter was banned or not. So why not remove the antagonist in the first place?

Glad Cougar

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Perhaps a different era, but several years ago Blazers coach Jack Ramsay got fed up with Oregonian columnist Steve Duin (who covered sports at the time) and permanently kicked him out of the room where he gave his usual post game comments. It didn't stop Duin from continuing to write negatively about Dr. Jack and the Blazers, but it sure made Ramsay feel better. Blazers management did nothing to stop the coach from barring Duin. Moral of that story is the negative columns were going to take place whether the reporter was banned or not. So why not remove the antagonist in the first place?

Glad Cougar

Exactly. Blanchette can watch on TV, because there is no way he's going to buy a ticket.

Glad Cougar
Look, its one thing to "report" on important issues: "coach, can you tell us what Player Y did and whether he'll be returning to the team."

Its another thing to provoke an angry coach who just lost a game and try to make them feel bad about it, or otherwise elicit an emotional response. F'ing with someone when they lose is childish and reprehensible, double so given the normal ration of crap JB doles out. I mean, they act and ask questions like the losing team MEANT to lose - its asinine.

Last edited:
Look, its one thing to "report" on important issues: "coach, can you tell us what Player Y did and whether he'll be returning to the team."

Its another thing to provoke an angry coach who just lost a game and try to make them feel bad about it, or otherwise elicit an emotional response. F'ing with someone when they lose is childish and reprehensible, double so giving the normal ration of crap JB doles out. I mean, they act like and ask questions like the losing team MEANT to lose - its asinine.

This would be an interesting ethical question to discuss in an upper level class at the WSU Murrow School of Communications.

Assuming they still teach ethics in journalism and current professionals remember their education.

Enabling him isnt helping either. It’s fine to report the good and the bad. When it’s all bad??? That’s not journalism. That’s confrontation and shitt1ng on someone for sales.

Yup they rub their tails on their scent glands and wave the stink at others .Yup you are familiar with that tactic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT