ADVERTISEMENT

One week

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018
We have 3-4 spots to fill between now and signing day and I can honestly say I have no idea who we are trying to bring in to fill those spots. I figured Marcus Harris would be one, but he is taking a trip to Kansas instead of Pullman this weekend. Things appear to have cooled with Hunter Hill. Gubrud is waiting on the NCAA for another year of eligibility. I suppose it is possible the Cougs sign a kid from San Diego named Zion with no other offers, but it seems anticlimactic. Especially when we have need of a transfer at RB to help Borghi.

I'm used to having a 5-10 player pool to look at for 3-4 spots around this time of year. This year things have been incredibly quiet.

We have 3-4 spots to fill between now and signing day and I can honestly say I have no idea who we are trying to bring in to fill those spots. I figured Marcus Harris would be one, but he is taking a trip to Kansas instead of Pullman this weekend. Things appear to have cooled with Hunter Hill. Gubrud is waiting on the NCAA for another year of eligibility. I suppose it is possible the Cougs sign a kid from San Diego named Zion with no other offers, but it seems anticlimactic. Especially when we have need of a transfer at RB to help Borghi.

I'm used to having a 5-10 player pool to look at for 3-4 spots around this time of year. This year things have been incredibly quiet.
The Mueller team was very quiet...yet very productive.

OL Jimmy Price fills one of the remaining spots. I'm guessing they'll hold one spot for Gubrud. Hunter Hill told me he is still committed to WSU, but he did visit Utah State recently and has been offered by USC. Need to sign at least 1 DL since they lost two in early signing period. Harris would seem to fit the bill for that. Harris is now drawing interest from Iowa.

OL Jimmy Price fills one of the remaining spots. I'm guessing they'll hold one spot for Gubrud. Hunter Hill told me he is still committed to WSU, but he did visit Utah State recently and has been offered by USC. Need to sign at least 1 DL since they lost two in early signing period. Harris would seem to fit the bill for that. Harris is now drawing interest from Iowa.

But Hill isn’t going to sign.

A lot of people don't grasp the dynamics of the changes in the LOI process. The early signing date drastically shrunk the available pool, and those schools who were accustomed to robbing the less fortunate at the last minute (lately a common thing for SC, for example, when they miss yet again on their first and second choices) are really scrambling. And the WSU's of the world are staying very, very quiet to prevent the lazy and inept competitors from simply swooping in on kids from whom we are known to have commits. I suspect that we have at least 2-3 silent commits who have agreed to announce on the signing day. I would not be surprised if we have the full list committed quietly, with one or two agreeing to postpone if we get a last minute commit from someone higher up the pecking order....

A lot of people don't grasp the dynamics of the changes in the LOI process. The early signing date drastically shrunk the available pool, and those schools who were accustomed to robbing the less fortunate at the last minute (lately a common thing for SC, for example, when they miss yet again on their first and second choices) are really scrambling. And the WSU's of the world are staying very, very quiet to prevent the lazy and inept competitors from simply swooping in on kids from whom we are known to have commits. I suspect that we have at least 2-3 silent commits who have agreed to announce on the signing day. I would not be surprised if we have the full list committed quietly, with one or two agreeing to postpone if we get a last minute commit from someone higher up the pecking order....

I could be persuaded into this sort of thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT