ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon State, Washington State keep bowl ties from Pac-12 deal

425cougfan

Hall Of Fame
Apr 23, 2011

No details are provided, so I wouldn't be surprised if this essentially nets out to the Cougs and Beavs being ticketed for the Sun Bowl or LA Bowl, most likely, rather than having to fight for scraps among the bowls that can't fill their slots due to established tie-ins, but even that would be mildly good news. Few want to actually go to the Sun Bowl, but that's probably better than pushing for a 8-4 team to play some AAC team in the Frisco Bowl or some nonsense like that. And who knows, maybe this won't be gamed such that there's a real shot to still play in one of the better ones like the Alamo, Holiday, or Las Vegas Bowls.

Last edited:

No details are provided, so I wouldn't be surprised if this essentially nets out to the Cougs and Beavs being ticketed for the Sun Bowl or LA Bowl, most likely, rather than having to fight for scraps among the bowls that can't fill their slots due to established tie-ins, but even that would be mildly good news. Few want to actually go to the Sun Bowl, but that's probably better than pushing for a 8-4 team to play some AAC team in the Frisco Bowl or some nonsense like that. And who knows, maybe this won't be gamed such that there's a real shot to still play in one of the better ones like the Alamo, Holiday, or Las Vegas Bowls.
Yeah I saw this. I had hoped, probably foolishly, that the better bowls would be obligated to look at the Cougs and Beavs first but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Cougs and Beavs play in 3 bowl games each! Awesome exposure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT