ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon v Coach Prime

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
Colorado is getting it handed to them.

That being said, I just saw a play where the Oregon DB grabbed the jersey at the shoulder pad and held it all the way down the field, including when the WR attempted to come back to the ball to make the catch. Can someone explain to me why that's not PI or holding? The TV honk of course says the DB has been playing clean all game right after that play, so I'm asking myself if I don't know the rules of football anymore.

Colorado is getting it handed to them.

That being said, I just saw a play where the Oregon DB grabbed the jersey at the shoulder pad and held it all the way down the field, including when the WR attempted to come back to the ball to make the catch. Can someone explain to me why that's not PI or holding? The TV honk of course says the DB has been playing clean all game right after that play, so I'm asking myself if I don't know the rules of football anymore.
Didn’t see the play, but holding is called only if it impacts the play. Grabbing a jersey in and of itself isn’t holding. Perhaps in the judgment of the official there was no impact on the receiver running his route or making a play on the ball.

Didn’t see the play, but holding is called only if it impacts the play. Grabbing a jersey in and of itself isn’t holding. Perhaps in the judgment of the official there was no impact on the receiver running his route or making a play on the ball.
I feel like having someone tug on the shoulder pad every stride would affect every route runner.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I feel like having someone tug on the shoulder pad every stride would affect every route runner.
Again, I didn’t see the play. If there is a significant tug or pull, I agree with you. You’ll have to ask the official what they saw. I’m only offering a possible explanation.

Credit to Dan Lanning for motivating his team and keep his foot on the gas. They didn't let up until second string d.

Baptism by fire 🔥. I like Deion, but they needed the wake up call.

Oregon holds more than most teams and they don’t get called much. It’s the PAC’s way of always having the team that is”supposed “ to win, win. Nothing new to see here.

Reactions: LeachPack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT