ADVERTISEMENT

OSU game thread

Only used 3 minutes. We need to slow them down a little better than that.

If we can burn 3-4 on offense it shouldn’t matter. A little clock management would be welcome.

Ward snapped that with 17s left on the play clock. Run the damn play clock down! A first down or two ends the game.

Fake dive to Paine, bootleg Ward. Drag Rivière across the back of the end zone for insurance.

At least thats what I’d do.

Beavs should kick. They need the FG anyway, take it now when it’s a gimme.

Is it just me, or do you also get the sense that taking a timeout to set up a goal line defense or a onside kick alignment, is like the anti-icing of the kicker? It give your team, us, the time to start overthinking, which isn't good!

That's about as bad as you can get. Hadn't gone 10, Stone with hands of stone.
I thought we should have taken a step back and watch it go out of bounds or probably OSU would have touched it before it went 10 yards. Trying to catch it there wasn't the best plan.

If WSU kicks the field goal this game is already over.
Not really. A field goal would have forced OSU into going for the TD instead of a tying field goal if they recovered the onside kick. I wasn't bothered by us going for the TD I just think we should have run our offense on the first and goal instead of suddenly getting conservative and running into the line for 3 straight plays. A TD certainly would have put the game away.

I thought we should have taken a step back and watch it go out of bounds or probably OSU would have touched it before it went 10 yards. Trying to catch it there wasn't the best plan.
I that ball had done a sudden 90, you would have saying why didn't he take it after nine. That said, you are on the "hands" team for a reason. Coaches tell you to take the unmolested catch, he just screwed it up.

I that ball had done a sudden 90, you would have saying why didn't he take it after nine. That said, you are on the "hands" team for a reason. Coaches tell you to take the unmolested catch, he just screwed it up.
You obviously don't know what I would have said. In any case it didn't look like an unmolested catch to me.

You obviously don't know what I would have said. In any case it didn't look like an unmolested catch to me.
Chill, it was a great on-side kick, fact, Stone muffed it, fact, he was trying his best, fact, --- he didn't have your armchair hindsight to work with, with half the OSU kick recovery team bearing down on him, and having to make a split decision, fact.

Chill, it was a great on-side kick, fact, Stone muffed it, fact, he was trying his best, fact, --- he didn't have your armchair hindsight to work with, with half the OSU kick recovery team bearing down on him, and having to make a split decision, fact.
Who should chill? I never said that it wasn't a good kick but I do think it would have gone out of bounds if Stone hadn't touched it. I certainly never said that Stone wasn't trying his best and I agree that split second decisions are tough although that is exactly what we expect great athletes to do. We have forums so we can discuss such split second decisions. Your view of his choice is different than mine. Your argument doesn't get any better just because you toss the word "fact" around. It was a great game with a great result. The last 2 minutes were nerve racking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT