ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Austin Apodaca...

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
Looks to be finding a home to show his talents. New Mexico has already offered him and now he's looking to potentially go to Vandy. Good for him!

Brit, hope you don't mind the link.

AA to Vandy?

I hope that he ends up at Vandy. He was never really given a chance at WSU.He has a lot of ability and his juco tapes are superb.

I hope he does well. He seems like a good kid and I would have liked to see the competition between him and Falk this year.

Please elaborate on why he wasn't given a chance? If he was good enough, he'd be the starter, no?
Originally posted by ElComanche:
I hope that he ends up at Vandy. He was never really given a chance at WSU.He has a lot of ability and his juco tapes are superb.

He picked one of the best head coaches in CC football to play for and made the best of it....29 td's to 11 picks. I'll be watching him when he plays.

Originally posted by LoneStarsGhost:
Please elaborate on why he wasn't given a chance? If he was good enough, he'd be the starter, no?
Originally posted by ElComanche:
I agree LSG, I am not sure what chance he didn't get? He earned the back up job last season while Bruggman and Falk redshirted. We know that Leach will burn a redshirt, so he was given a chance or Bruggman or Falk would have played. As a freshman, he was behind an experienced junior who beat him out. I am not sure what chance EC is talking about.

Austin was not the best "fit" for CML's offense. He is a great athlete with quick reflexes but his throwing motion was more of a long windup motion thus he did not have a "quick" release. Austin is a much better fit for a read option type of offense.

I liked him as a Coug and think he will do well wherever he goes. And no, he did not leave WSU because CML is a hard ass - he left because he knew the other player(s) at his position would play before him because they were better in CML's offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT