ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Elias Huizar

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Sad reads. Had to get 3 articles to piece it all together. Complete and utter failure of the local police agencies, a T-C judge, and multiple school districts over several years. At least he had the decency to kill himself.

Sad reads. Had to get 3 articles to piece it all together. Complete and utter failure of the local police agencies, a T-C judge, and multiple school districts over several years. At least he had the decency to kill himself.

Yakima schools hold the blame, not Richland. YSD didn’t pass along information about the allegations made against him, and he had not been charged with anything that would show up in his criminal background checks. The information RSD was working from indicated he was a good and upstanding employee. As soon as they got word he’d been arrested, they pulled him from their employee roll.

Local police & judges were following the rules in place based on the charges and situation. Problem is that the rules put too much reliance on the offender to be honest on employment applications, to surrender weapons, and to comply with protection orders. This guy did none of the above. What he did do, as far as I know, was pretend he was complying and avoid making any threats that might spur additional action.

I’m very curious about the details of the 17-year old girlfriend. Why was she at his house? I think I read that she had also distanced herself and gotten a protection order.

A bit of a tangent….this situation creates anxiety for school emergency planners everywhere. They plan & practice for attacks during the school day - not during bus loading. How do you harden the target at a time when the entire population is out in the open?

Yakima schools hold the blame, not Richland. YSD didn’t pass along information about the allegations made against him, and he had not been charged with anything that would show up in his criminal background checks. The information RSD was working from indicated he was a good and upstanding employee. As soon as they got word he’d been arrested, they pulled him from their employee roll.

Local police & judges were following the rules in place based on the charges and situation. Problem is that the rules put too much reliance on the offender to be honest on employment applications, to surrender weapons, and to comply with protection orders. This guy did none of the above. What he did do, as far as I know, was pretend he was complying and avoid making any threats that might spur additional action.

I’m very curious about the details of the 17-year old girlfriend. Why was she at his house? I think I read that she had also distanced herself and gotten a protection order.

A bit of a tangent….this situation creates anxiety for school emergency planners everywhere. They plan & practice for attacks during the school day - not during bus loading. How do you harden the target at a time when the entire population is out in the open?
And Richland SD didn't bother to contact the YPD, his then current employer who had placed him on admin leave a year before he applied at Richland? So RSD is innocent? Maybe YPD is off the hook since they apparently didn't know he had applied/been hired in Richland.

Of course since his GF gave birth while underage, where was the hospital who delivered the lad? Wouldn't they been compelled to report this obvious crime?

The judge? Oh BS. I see DUI and drug offenders that have ankle bracelets. And nice confiscation of his weapons which he did approve. Missed one!

Heads that should roll include the YSD reference-writing principal and asst principal, anyone in the RSD who was involved in his hiring process, and yes the judge.

And Richland SD didn't bother to contact the YPD, his then current employer who had placed him on admin leave a year before he applied at Richland? So RSD is innocent? Maybe YPD is off the hook since they apparently didn't know he had applied/been hired in Richland.

Of course since his GF gave birth while underage, where was the hospital who delivered the lad? Wouldn't they been compelled to report this obvious crime?

The judge? Oh BS. I see DUI and drug offenders that have ankle bracelets. And nice confiscation of his weapons which he did approve. Missed one!

Heads that should roll include the YSD reference-writing principal and asst principal, anyone in the RSD who was involved in his hiring process, and yes the judge.
Investigation is still going, I’ll wait to see what comes out of it before deciding whose fault it is

Investigation is still going, I’ll wait to see what comes out of it before deciding whose fault it is
In fairness, the RSD hiring does not really appear to directly relate to the murders. I guess whatever blame, if any, should be placed at whatever missed chances there were over the years to charge, convict and imprison him for what must have been various illegal acts, including the underage impregnation. I just get pissed whenever I read about botched background checks.

In fairness, the RSD hiring does not really appear to directly relate to the murders. I guess whatever blame, if any, should be placed at whatever missed chances there were over the years to charge, convict and imprison him for what must have been various illegal acts, including the underage impregnation. I just get pissed whenever I read about botched background checks.
I’m willing to guarantee that RSD is reviewing their entire process to see if there’s anything they can do differently. Probably talking with their attorneys about setting up a periodic re-check of background checks. But…when the referring employer doesn’t give you accurate information, your efforts are hampered from the start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT