ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ryan Hilinski to transfer portal

Home is in Pullman. As many tough memories as there are in Pullman, the entire campus would wrap their arms around him and his family.

I would absolutely love to see it.

However, I don't think our current administration is doing that possibility any favors.

From a purely football perspective, he couldn’t win the job at South Carolina; hardly the Mecca for quality QB play. Not sure why he would transfer here or UW, with Huard now on their roster.

I’m thinking San Jose St or Fresno State. Maybe Cal.

From a purely football perspective, he couldn’t win the job at South Carolina; hardly the Mecca for quality QB play. Not sure why he would transfer here or UW, with Huard now on their roster.

San Jose is ranked. I bet we'd lose to them this year.

Who knows what kind of coaching he got there. He was very highly rated out of HS. I would bet he has had 50+ schools contact him.

Everywhere has competition. Some strong than others. Same can be said for coaching. Not every school does a good job with their qbs.

He will land on his feet somewhere.

We would easily. I think SJSU would beat all but maybe 2-3 P12 schools this season.
Brennan signed a new contract after being the top candidate for the UA position. BTW- good luck to UA after seeing the rest of that list. Who is it going to take to coach that team back to relevancy? Don't know.

Brennan signed a new contract after being the top candidate for the UA position. BTW- good luck to UA after seeing the rest of that list. Who is it going to take to coach that team back to relevancy? Don't know.

Brennan won't be at SJSU long term, but he's smart enough to pass on certain jobs as he's going to get the opportunity to coach at a better school next year.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Brennan won't be at SJSU long term, but he's smart enough to pass on certain jobs as he's going to get the opportunity to coach at a better school next year.
Assume he knows his roster and schedule for 2021 and it looks favorable. I’ll bet the carousel will be in full motion next year and he’ll strike gold. Arizona is a copper job. Pun intended.

What schools higher up the ladder than UofA are going to hire the coach from San Jose State? Im not saying they aren't out there. Im saying I don't think the list is as long as you think it is. Schools better than UofA, imo, are more likely to hire a guy that won at UofA than at San Jose.

Start on the 2nd Qtr

Ball St 27
#22 San Jose 0

Let’s not start crowning SJ kings of the West just yet. I got Ball St +9.5 😁

Who knows what kind of coaching he got there. He was very highly rated out of HS. I would bet he has had 50+ schools contact him.

Everywhere has competition. Some strong than others. Same can be said for coaching. Not every school does a good job with their qbs.

He will land on his feet somewhere.
Agreed, he’ll have options.

Not sure whether he’d have interest in WSU, and not sure how he’d do in the Run & Shoot. But if I’m Rolo, I reach out and tell him ‘if you’re interested, let’s talk.’ He’s basically on record saying he wouldn’t be comfortable playing here, so I’d leave the ball in his court.

Never hurts to have a full cupboard, and it seems likely to me that we lose 2 QBs. RH has D-1 starting experience, and has 3 to play. That gives him a leg up on most.

Agreed, he’ll have options.

Not sure whether he’d have interest in WSU, and not sure how he’d do in the Run & Shoot. But if I’m Rolo, I reach out and tell him ‘if you’re interested, let’s talk.’ He’s basically on record saying he wouldn’t be comfortable playing here, so I’d leave the ball in his court.

Never hurts to have a full cupboard, and it seems likely to me that we lose 2 QBs. RH has D-1 starting experience, and has 3 to play. That gives him a leg up on most.
So, they'd have to admit that the R&S could be run from the pocket. That's how Rolo and Colt Brennan ran it. I'm not sold on DeLaura yet and hope the competition for starting QB is more extensive going into 2021'. This roll left and then roll right thing doesn't deliver accurate passes and should not be necessary given the amount of offensive linemen that will be available.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Hilinski isn't coming to Pullman.

As much as we'd like to delude ourselves that Pullman is 'home' and a 'safe space' and 'family', there's bad blood from mama and that's not going to change any time soon.

That's not a condemnation of her - it's her feelings and her expectations weren't met. And it's not a condemnation of Chun/Schulz - they had to deal with the entirety of the football team and athletic department with regards to suicide and mental health . It's the reality of things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT