ADVERTISEMENT

Our own Mik.....needs your prayers...

Thanks for your suggestion. I have thought of that, but I don't know how to do that, and I know there are a lot of legit situations of people needing money, probably more then I do, and I don't want to take money away from them. And I know, think that some people would tell me that I just need to save longer, because I already live in apt, have social security, have a part time Subway Job, etc. And I have $6500 saved up. And I just need to save up for 2,3,4 more months, combined with being able to buy a RV at auction, etc.

I have worked HARD, saved up for the last 2 years. But every time I seem close to being able to do the things I need to do to be able to move down to Arizona to be close to my daughter, like getting RV, etc, something shoots me down, affects my health, etc.

I'm afraid that it will take a LONG time to move closer to my daughter, and that she will get older without her having me her father around, and that I will miss things, etc.

But I am TORN between doing a Go Fund Me, and seeing daughter sooner, etc, and not doing a Go Fund Me, and just taking the time to do it, even if it take longer.

I just need a break, opportunity, a little help, etc, from others, combined with me working hard, but I either haven't been getting those breaks. opportunities, help, etc, or if I have, I haven't recognized it, or been able to take advantage, etc.

I would prefer that the help not be a hand out like Go Fund Me, but a hand up, but maybe I need to do the Go Fund Me, but I don't know.

I am open to advice, convincing, etc, either way, etc.
I think you’d have 10 guys here who would throw you $100. Add in a heavy hitter Coug booster like Biggs you might have a down payment for a lux condo.

I think you’d have 10 guys here who would throw you $100. Add in a heavy hitter Coug booster like Biggs you might have a down payment for a lux condo.

If you, others want to do, start either a official Go Fund Me, or a unofficial Go Fund Me, Fund raiser, then that would be nice, ok, and thanks, but I don't want to be the one that does, starts the Fund raiser, ask, etc.

Also if there is a way that I could contribute something like either, maybe going to a WSU baseball game, and whoever donates to Fund, gets to either sleep in RV, avoiding expensive hotels, etc, or participate in epic tailgate party, or have me DJ a event, party, etc, for them, etc, I would like to contribute something.

Also other ideas, could be a car wash, or other Fund raising ideas, that I could be a part of.

Found a 2002 29 ft 5th Wheel for sale on Craigslist for 2500. Only thing missing is furnace, title. 60 year old lady says that she has bill of sale, and vehicle identification number. Can get a replacement title with bill of sale + VIN number, if I buy it?
She needs to get a replacement title. You wouldn't have the personal knowledge needed to complete the paperwork with DOL.

This is how it works:

She needs to get a replacement title. You wouldn't have the personal knowledge needed to complete the paperwork with DOL.

This is how it works:

Thanks for the info Gibbs. It's not going to happen. The RV is extremely near a friend, and that friend, found out from a friend, that the lady was parking the RV at my friend's friends place, and that the RV has bed bugs.

Also when I suggested that I could EXPEDITE mail her a check for RV, that would only take 1,2,3 days to get there, and 1 day for her to cash it, she said she only wanted cash, and that she didn't want to wait for payment, but that she was willing to wait for a guy to buy it with cash in 1.5 week(s), and that she would think about it(that was before I found out about the bed bugs.

So not going to buy, not going to be able to buy that $2500 5th Wheel.

Shot down again.

Mik, you a member of a church in the Ford area? I know there are at least a few in that area. If you are, I'd start there and see what guidance/assistance you can garner there.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Mik, you a member of a church in the Ford area? I know there are at least a few in that area. If you are, I'd start there and see what guidance/assistance you can garner there.

Church won't be able to help me get a RV. If I was homeless, or if I couldn't pay rent, the church would help me get a apartment, help pay rent.

A member of the church I goto said that if I get a RV, he would help haul it to where I live, where I store it, until I move.

Church also help with food, etc. But helping to pay for a RV, is something that they either can't help with or won't, etc.

I've got church leaders helping me to look for a affordable place in Greater Phoenix Arizona area, such as apartments, renting a room, renters looking for roommates, parking a RV at a church members house, very temporary place to stay, while try to find a place down there, etc, but they haven't found anything since they have been looking the last 6 to 9 months.

And the only affordable place I found, is at the Covered Wagon RV lot park($675 a month).

I don't live in, Ford, WA, but that friend of mine does.

I live about 17 to 20 to 23 to 25 to 27 miles away from Ford, WA.

Oh, gotcha.

Good on your church for helping where they can. It sure seems you are close to making this happen.

I'm about 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 months, from making this happen, if I live that long.

My Creatine level and blood pressure is stubbornly refusing to drop below a 4.25 Creatine level, and blood pressure is still in about a 143 to 163 range, and besides the Lisinipril, Hydrochlorithiazide, Uric Acid, they don't know why me kidneys are so slowly recovering, and I might need a Kidney Biopsy, tomorrow, and or another Stent, Ballon in my kidney arteries, an or remove one kidney, an or put me on dialysis while waiting for a kidney transplant, etc, if things continue to get worse.

Yeah, if it's missing the title you'll need to do some legwork. I bought a boat last summer in Idaho and Idaho doesn't title boat trailers (WA does). So it was a fubar process to go about getting a new VIN and title created for the trailer; had to take it to the State Patrol office for inspection...between that, visits to a local licensing office and waiting on state paperwork, it took forever. Should of just left the boat titled in Idaho and saved the tax and fees.

Mik,

It shouldn't be that hard to create a GoFundMe...lots of sub-80 IQ types doing it for gel nails and Kratom purchases (I kid, but you know what I mean). Like Coug90 suggested, a number of us would contribute and help you get closer to your goal. If you have some downtime at the hospital, do a little research on it and see what the process is.

Mik,

It shouldn't be that hard to create a GoFundMe...lots of sub-80 IQ types doing it for gel nails and Kratom purchases (I kid, but you know what I mean). Like Coug90 suggested, a number of us would contribute and help you get closer to your goal. If you have some downtime at the hospital, do a little research on it and see what the process is.

Ok, but I don't want to be the driver, asking, etc.

If people want me to do a Go Fund Me, and want to offer to help me, that's great, and thanks so much.

But I don't want to ask, as I feel, think it would be semi presumptuous, etc, to ask, etc.

If people want to offer to help, I'm ok with that.

I can try to figure out how to set up a Go Fund Me, but once I set it up, I want it said on the Go Fund Me, that I am not asking, and that others want me to do a Go Fund Me, and want to help, and want to ask in my behalf, etc.

The only downside to a GoFundMe is that they scrape 10% of the money off the top for their fees. I did a GoFundMe for my mom when she had her leg amputated and we needed to buy a chairlift to help her get upstairs. It was going to cost me $5,500 to install it so we did a GoFundMe and I jumpstarted it by adding $500. We ended up only getting around $1,000 (her "friends" sucked in my opinion but that's a different story). After fees, it was down to $900 and it was money that we would have gotten from close family members without paying the GoFundMe fees. I ended up paying $5,100 out of pocket after the failed campaign and not really caring for GoFundMe after that.

It's a useful tool if it's something that will resonate outside your normal friend group...but it would be better to send money to one person to collect rather than a GoFundMe campaign if it's not going to bring in others. Just my $0.02.

The only downside to a GoFundMe is that they scrape 10% of the money off the top for their fees. I did a GoFundMe for my mom when she had her leg amputated and we needed to buy a chairlift to help her get upstairs. It was going to cost me $5,500 to install it so we did a GoFundMe and I jumpstarted it by adding $500. We ended up only getting around $1,000 (her "friends" sucked in my opinion but that's a different story). After fees, it was down to $900 and it was money that we would have gotten from close family members without paying the GoFundMe fees. I ended up paying $5,100 out of pocket after the failed campaign and not really caring for GoFundMe after that.

It's a useful tool if it's something that will resonate outside your normal friend group...but it would be better to send money to one person to collect rather than a GoFundMe campaign if it's not going to bring in others. Just my $0.02.

Ok, then maybe the fundraising idea, and maybe MI, coug90, etc, can collect the money, then send it to me.

Then when I buy the RV, I'll post pictures, and then maybe throw a tailgate party for those who helped, if somebody would help get RV to a WSU baseball game.

Then when I move to Arizona, and rent a RV lot from Covered Wagon RV park, I can take a picture, post it here, then pay it forward someday in future, if able.

And since MI is moving to Scottsdale, Arizona, maybe he can visit me in North Phoenix.

How does that sound to ya all?

Ok, then maybe the fundraising idea, and maybe MI, coug90, etc, can collect the money, then send it to me.

Then when I buy the RV, I'll post pictures, and then maybe throw a tailgate party for those who helped, if somebody would help get RV to a WSU baseball game.

Then when I move to Arizona, and rent a RV lot from Covered Wagon RV park, I can take a picture, post it here, then pay it forward someday in future, if able.

And since MI is moving to Scottsdale, Arizona, maybe he can visit me in North Phoenix.

How does that sound to ya all?
It would be fun to hang out and watch some games. 🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

I agree with Flat. Zelle, Venmo or PayPal goes directly to you, and with Zelle, (bank to bank) there are no fees. 95% of big banks, small banks and credit unions in the United States. are partnered with Zelle.

It would be fun to hang out and watch some games. 🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

I agree with Flat. Zelle, Venmo or PayPal goes directly to you, and with Zelle, (bank to bank) there are no fees. 95% of big banks, small banks and credit unions in the United States. are partnered with Zelle.

So I need to get a Zelle account, and then those who wish to help, donate, donate to my Zelle account, that I post, is that how it works?

So I need to get a Zelle account, and then those who wish to help, donate, donate to my Zelle account, that I post, is that how it works?
Zelle works good. I have a tenant who pays rent w Zelle, goes right into my account and I get notified when the move the money via text.

Update. The doctors have taken me off IV fluid hydration, and are having me drink about 5,6,7,8 cups of water per 24 hours.

If my Creatine level either slightly goes down, an or stays the same at, around 4.25, and doesn't go up, they will discharge me Monday, or Tuesday.

If my Creatine level goes up, then either Monday or Tuesday they will do a Kidney Biopsy, even tho kidney doctor dead set against it, because of smaller kidney, internal bleeding, and risk of damaging Kidneys further and raising Creatine levels higher.

After get discharged, I'll have to do more blood test, and visit the kidney doctor every about 1,2,3 weeks until, if kidneys fully recover.

Need all the prayers, good luck I can get, so that I can be discharged Monday, or Tuesday, and not have to go thru kidney biopsy.

Update. The doctors have taken me off IV fluid hydration, and are having me drink about 5,6,7,8 cups of water per 24 hours.

If my Creatine level either slightly goes down, an or stays the same at, around 4.25, and doesn't go up, they will discharge me Monday, or Tuesday.

If my Creatine level goes up, then either Monday or Tuesday they will do a Kidney Biopsy, even tho kidney doctor dead set against it, because of smaller kidney, internal bleeding, and risk of damaging Kidneys further and raising Creatine levels higher.

After get discharged, I'll have to do more blood test, and visit the kidney doctor every about 1,2,3 weeks until, if kidneys fully recover.

Need all the prayers, good luck I can get, so that I can be discharged Monday, or Tuesday, and not have to go thru kidney biopsy.

Update:

Discharged from Hospital.

My Creatine levels is still bouncing back and forth between 4.5 and 4.25(1.30 or less is normal(It was about 6, when I went to hospital)

Only reason they didn't do a kidney biopsy is that they said that probably would cause kidney to bleed internally and do more hurt to kidneys.

I have appointments scheduled with kidney doctor, Urologist, Primary care doctor, etc. They want to closely monitor my situation.

I'm on a strict, kidney renal diet. I have to avoid sodium, potassium, phosphorus.

My kidneys are EXTREMELY VERY SLOWLY recovering.

They don't know if it's PRE chronic kidney disease, or stage 1,2,3 chronic kidney disease, etc.

I also have anemia from the kidney problem, and eating less meats, things that help create red blood cells, but that is correctible.

I'm also going to have to be on supplements for vitamins B12, B6, B9, A, C, D, Folate(not polite, silly autocorrect), Folic, for kidneys, red blood cells.

Overall it looks like I'm probably going to be ok, as long as stick to diet, continue to have close monitoring by the doctors, etc.

Last edited:
Update:

Discharged from Hospital.

My Creatine levels is still bouncing back and forth between 4.5 and 4.25(1.30 or less is normal(It was about 6, when I went to hospital)

Only reason they didn't do a kidney biopsy is that they said that probably would cause kidney to bleed internally and do more hurt to kidneys.

I have appointments scheduled with kidney doctor, Urologist, Primary care doctor, etc. They want to closely monitor my situation.

I'm on a strict, kidney renal diet. I have to avoid sodium, potassium, phosphorus.

My kidneys are EXTREMELY VERY SLOWLY recovering.

They don't know if it's PRE chronic kidney disease, or stage 1,2,3 chronic kidney disease, etc.

I also have anemia from the kidney problem, and eating less meats, things that help create red blood cells, but that is correctible.

I'm also going to have to be on supplements for vitamins B12, B6, B9, A, C, D, Polite, Folic, for kidneys, red blood cells.

Overall it looks like I'm probably going to be ok, as long as stick to diet, continue to have close monitoring by the doctors, etc.

Thanks everybody for well wishes, prayers, support, counsel, help, etc

Best of luck and listen to your doctor(s). My dad wasted a lot of time arguing with his doctors about his diet and its impact on his diabetes.
Just remember that the doctors are NOT gods. In the initial stages of my wife's pulmonary fibrosis they were pushing her to have a biopsy done on her lungs. While skeptical of getting it done, she did finally give in to their pushing for the biopsy. Turns out it was positive for the disease, yet what did it really accomplish? It did not in any way change their treatment plan for her, and it turned out to be a VERY painful experience, something that had the pain/discomfort continuing for quite a while. Given another opportunity in a situation like that, no way would we have it done.

You might keep that in mind in the future-what exactly would the procedure involve, what might they learn or not be able to learn, and how would the test results affect any ongoing treatment options.

Looking at it another way, when my college roommate was my own PCP doc for a while, he explained that his philosophy was to start out treatment with the LEAST invasive options and then go from there. Basic common sense there, but it was also something he constantly used in his practice.

Just remember that the doctors are NOT gods. In the initial stages of my wife's pulmonary fibrosis they were pushing her to have a biopsy done on her lungs. While skeptical of getting it done, she did finally give in to their pushing for the biopsy. Turns out it was positive for the disease, yet what did it really accomplish? It did not in any way change their treatment plan for her, and it turned out to be a VERY painful experience, something that had the pain/discomfort continuing for quite a while. Given another opportunity in a situation like that, no way would we have it done.

You might keep that in mind in the future-what exactly would the procedure involve, what might they learn or not be able to learn, and how would the test results affect any ongoing treatment options.

Looking at it another way, when my college roommate was my own PCP doc for a while, he explained that his philosophy was to start out treatment with the LEAST invasive options and then go from there. Basic common sense there, but it was also something he constantly used in his practice.

You are 100% correct. The cardio surgeon that did a surgery on my mom about 18 years ago was an arrogant jerk with a big time God complex. My mother had surgery in 1994 that required a new surgery in 2002. In 2006, she developed an aortic aneurysm in the same area as the prior surgeries. When I flew to Vegas to be there for the surgery, I asked the doctor what her chances of survival were and what other options were available. The doctor just said that it was high risk and that there was no other choice. I told her (the surgeon) that no action was always a choice if the risk of the surgery was too high. We went back and forth but we all knew it was going to happen so I didn't push it too much. After the surgery was complete, the surgeon admitted that the first two patients that she had attempted the surgery on had died on the table and that my mom was the first one to survive. So yeah, arrogant doctors that have their own best interests in mind are a real thing.

You are 100% correct. The cardio surgeon that did a surgery on my mom about 18 years ago was an arrogant jerk with a big time God complex. My mother had surgery in 1994 that required a new surgery in 2002. In 2006, she developed an aortic aneurysm in the same area as the prior surgeries. When I flew to Vegas to be there for the surgery, I asked the doctor what her chances of survival were and what other options were available. The doctor just said that it was high risk and that there was no other choice. I told her (the surgeon) that no action was always a choice if the risk of the surgery was too high. We went back and forth but we all knew it was going to happen so I didn't push it too much. After the surgery was complete, the surgeon admitted that the first two patients that she had attempted the surgery on had died on the table and that my mom was the first one to survive. So yeah, arrogant doctors that have their own best interests in mind are a real thing.
Glad to hear that your mom made it through that risky surgery, and hope she has lived/did live many more years.

Another personal anecdote with a different twist. Early on in his prostate cancer issue, my dad went in for some surgery to deal with urinary system problems. He had a drain tube placed that went in through his back. A review of a scan a couple days later by the radiologist revealed that the drain tube had actually pierced through the intestine. Bad news. Our options were to hope that there had been no infection yet and that the hole would heal itself or to have another surgery and seal the hole and remove part of the intestine if necessary due to infection. In this case we feared that if the infection HAD already started that allowing it to continue was more dangerous than doing the "just in case" surgery. So we convinced dad to have the preventative surgery, which fortunately turned out to be the wise choice, as they found out there WAS infection already and had to remove the section of intestine and clean out the infection. A much more invasive option was selected, but it turned out to be the correct option. Sometimes you go with your gut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT