ADVERTISEMENT

P12 was awesome this year

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
We ended the conference after its best season in decades. What league was better than UW, Oregon, and Arizona this season?

One of the more remarkable stories is UWs sudden discipline after being one of the most penalized teams all year. So much so that flags just get picked up now.
Seriously. I have watched enough of their games this season to just wonder...

"How are they getting away with so much holding on defense?"

Not taking away from Penix. The dude is just good.

But Seriously... fuskies have lovers in stripes

• Haha
Reactions: moondawgie
Seriously. I have watched enough of their games this season to just wonder...

"How are they getting away with so much holding on defense?"

Not taking away from Penix. The dude is just good.

But Seriously... fuskies have lovers in stripes
It’s unreal. They are a special offense but damn they’ve dodged some bullets this year and had plenty of balls bounce their way.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I thought UW should have won by 14+ tonight. They were clearly the better team. Texas couldn't pressure Penix and couldn't cover UW's WRs.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Sounds like sour grapes to me. I thought UW should have won by 14+ tonight. They were clearly the better team. Texas couldn't pressure Penix and couldn't cover UW's WRs.
Agree on lack of pressure, but most of the time the Texas dbs were in position. penix was dropping dimes, not much those Texas dbs could have done beyond tacking receivers before the ball arrived.

The most disappointing part of the whole evening is that now I have to root for Michigan

I was hoping that hot dogging series before the game was over would have bitten them in the ass.

Very disappointed the conference is ending. The media companies valued the conference on historical performance (on field) than where we are at or where we are going.

No doubt sour grapes and you are correct on all of the above. My comment about their luck with the refs extends back into what we saw in the regular season including AC.

They deserved to win no question and it shouldn’t have been as close as it was. That was also an obvious block in the back/late hit that they picked the flag up on. No idea why. That starts their drive at 1st and 20 or 2nd and 25 and could have made a huge difference. On top of the penalty discrepancy in general, ugly if you are rooting for Texas.

Reactions: ATACFD
No doubt sour grapes and you are correct on all of the above. My comment about their luck with the refs extends back into what we saw in the regular season including AC.

They deserved to win no question and it shouldn’t have been as close as it was. That was also an obvious block in the back/late hit that they picked the flag up on. No idea why. That starts their drive at 1st and 20 or 2nd and 25 and could have made a huge difference. On top of the penalty discrepancy in general, ugly if you are rooting for Texas.
Was that a PAC 12 crew? Sure seems like it- picking up a flag to benefit the "team that is supposed to win" and never explaining why on a play in which the penalty was blatantly obvious to every single person in the stadium as well as every single person watching on TV. I have been amazed all year at how the uw line is able to get away with blatant holds without being called for the penalty. *

How disappointing was Alabama's play calling at the end of the game? 4th and 3 and you have the QB run right up the middle into a tough Michigan DL? You just have to put the ball into the end zone, give a receiver a chance to make a play. You also have the possibility of getting a pass interference call if the offense is blatant enough. Officials have the tendency to let a lot of contact go in those situations, but you do have a better chance of getting a penalty call on that type play as opposed to getting a penalty call on a QB draw.

* Yes, I am aware that they wouldn't have a PAC 12 crew calling a playoff game with a PAC team involved.

The most disappointing part of the whole evening is that now I have to root for Michigan
This game is going to be the battle between the two most delusional teams in CFB; neither of whom have won anything notable recently, and both of whom believe the entire world is watching and analyzing their every move despite not being respectable brands for a few decades.

"I wish they could both lose" has never been more appropriate. They squeezed DECADES of peacocking around Seattle out of 1991; can you imagine how the NW will be if they win? You'll hear about it until the sun dies out

This game is going to be the battle between the two most delusional teams in CFB; neither of whom have won anything notable recently, and both of whom believe the entire world is watching and analyzing their every move despite not being respectable brands for a few decades.

"I wish they could both lose" has never been more appropriate. They squeezed DECADES of peacocking around Seattle out of 1991; can you imagine how the NW will be if they win? You'll hear about it until the sun dies out
Two of the most obnoxious fan bases in CFB too. Michigan fans are dicks.

Very disappointed the conference is ending. The media companies valued the conference on historical performance (on field) than where we are at or where we are going.
It's based on markets, and once USC and UCLA bailed, the value dropped. On field results are nice and all, but don't really count.

This is going to make some on this board very upset, but I got to say my piece. I hope UW wins the Title. Reason being that the Pac-12 can throw it back at ESPN saying the Pac-12 is not a quality conference and did not deserve the money. What could be a better statement? 2023 Pac-12 NCAA Champions: skiing Utah, Water Polo (W) 2nd place USC, Rowing (W) Stanford 2nd place UW, Beach Volleyball (W) USC 2nd place UCLA, Water Polo (M) Cal 2nd place UCLA, Volleyball (M), Swimming & Diving (M) Cal 2nd place AZST, Gymnastics (M) Stanford

This is going to make some on this board very upset, but I got to say my piece. I hope UW wins the Title. Reason being that the Pac-12 can throw it back at ESPN saying the Pac-12 is not a quality conference and did not deserve the money. What could be a better statement? 2023 Pac-12 NCAA Champions: skiing Utah, Water Polo (W) 2nd place USC, Rowing (W) Stanford 2nd place UW, Beach Volleyball (W) USC 2nd place UCLA, Water Polo (M) Cal 2nd place UCLA, Volleyball (M), Swimming & Diving (M) Cal 2nd place AZST, Gymnastics (M) Stanford
Wrong, wrong, WAAAAAY WRONG! The effect on espn will be equivalent to a butterfly sneezing in Outer Mongolia. They don't give even a 1/4 shit about the PAC 12, the PAC 2, and anything connected to them that are in the past. They only care about the games that they will be broadcasting going forward, and the mutts will be in the Big 10ireallycantcountleague so that will be all that matters to them.

Meanwhile, that would be just one more thing that we have to listen to the fans of that arrogant, greedy, lying, cheating motherhumping institution bragging about. I root for the mutts to lose every single game/match/contest/race/regatta/competition that there is, both men's and women's. And as soon as they come up with a Mentally Challenged Transgender Division I will root against the uw mutts in that also. And I will NOT even honor that bunch of asswipes by giving them the respect of capitalization when referring to them. If there were some less than Upper Case and Lower Case available, I would use that!

Wrong, wrong, WAAAAAY WRONG! The effect on espn will be equivalent to a butterfly sneezing in Outer Mongolia. They don't give even a 1/4 shit about the PAC 12, the PAC 2, and anything connected to them that are in the past. They only care about the games that they will be broadcasting going forward, and the mutts will be in the Big 10ireallycantcountleague so that will be all that matters to them.

Meanwhile, that would be just one more thing that we have to listen to the fans of that arrogant, greedy, lying, cheating motherhumping institution bragging about. I root for the mutts to lose every single game/match/contest/race/regatta/competition that there is, both men's and women's. And as soon as they come up with a Mentally Challenged Transgender Division I will root against the uw mutts in that also. And I will NOT even honor that bunch of asswipes by giving them the respect of capitalization when referring to them. If there were some less than Upper Case and Lower Case available, I would use that!
And, building atop that - they don’t really care about 1 national championship game. Michigan is in it, that’s the draw. As long as people watch, they don’t care at all who wins.

You must not have to be around many assholes... I mean... fusky fans

Reactions: Coug90
This anti-ESPN talking point will live on Twitter for 36 hours. If the Huskies win, you won’t be able to park your car downtown for 100 years without a parking attendant telling you UW is 10x better than peak Alabama

Not a good trade IMO

USC and UCLA were supposedly 40 percent of the value of the conference. If that is anywhere near accurate, winning does not matter when it comes to media revenue.

uw is not a proper noun. If you use uw enough your phone should recognize it and autocorrect will learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT