ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12/10 recruiting

I have said for years that the Western US is the poorest recruited and evaluated region in the nation. The high school coaching and culture overall is way behind other regions as well.

Add a power 5 conference whose majority of schools don’t give a shit and the talent leaves.

Majority?

That seems like an overstatement Biggsy

Cal, Stanford and UCLA ... but who else?

WSU
OSU
ASU
UA
CU

So yeah. Majority.

There are 3 schools that fund their programs like they wanna be good. SC, Oregon, uw. Utah? Eh, getting there.

The rest? The majority, nope. All posers.

So piss off.

WSU
OSU
ASU
UA
CU

So yeah. Majority.

There are 3 schools that fund their programs like they wanna be good. SC, Oregon, uw. Utah? Eh, getting there.

The rest? The majority, nope. All posers.

So piss off.

Can we agree to disagree on the inclusion of WSU, OSU and CU on the "posers" list?

CU had a 47k at its spring game and has sold out season tickets for the season.

OSU will debut its $162M stadium renovations in September

And word is Schultz and Chun will be putting shovels in the dirt this fall for the new $27M IPF when the Badgers come to town in September.

All three programs have a lot of buzz heading toward the 2023 season

Reactions: Coug90
Can we agree to disagree on the inclusion of WSU, OSU and CU on the "posers" list?

And word is Schultz and Chun will be putting shovels in the dirt this fall for the new $27M IPF when the Badgers come to town in September.

I'll believe this project will actually happen when the facility opens.

WSU has been cheap on football and athletics for years. WSU just starting in football with the facilities when Leach arrived, and are still playing catch up. So yeah, I have no argument about being in the "posers" list.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

No. WSU is struggling to build a f’ing warehouse and call it a IPF.

OSU has been where? Done what? Nothing about OSU screams “we are gonna pour $$$ into football!”

CU has done what since when? Having a big spring game with your celebreality head coach doesn’t mean you are serious about football and have risen to the levels of SC and Oregon.

None of these programs are anywhere near the level of uw, SC and Oregon. Those programs are serious about football.

OSU has been where? Done what? Nothing about OSU screams “we are gonna pour $$$ into football!”

CU has done what since when? Having a big spring game with your celebreality head coach doesn’t mean you are serious about football and have risen to the levels of SC and Oregon.

None of these programs are anywhere near the level of uw, SC and Oregon. Those programs are serious about football.
And if WSU wanted any cred to not be within that "poser" category, that IPF would've been completed while Leach was still coaching in Pullman. All that has happened since the bubble went up has been 20+ years of chatter about completing it, not actually completing it.

They are also flush with cash. I don’t think it’s a lack of caring it’s more of a lack of resources.

Well from what I see looking at other IPF's, aren't they basically warehouses? I mean all you have to do is get out of the weather and have enough room to practice. I have yet to visit the new Baseball facility, but my concept was to link it to the IPF, since they are right next to each other. But that would have made to much sense and been too cost-efficient. But yeah, we have straggled on that thing. I donated my $100 20 years ago, betcha $5 I won't get my promised brick on it.

And if WSU wanted any cred to not be within that "poser" category, that IPF would've been completed while Leach was still coaching in Pullman. All that has happened since the bubble went up has been 20+ years of chatter about completing it, not actually completing it.

There is a video of Mack Brown, HC and UNC, at a coaches clinic. He is telling a story about Red McCoombs, at one time owner of the Minnesota Vikings.

Red walks into the staff meeting, everyone working for the Vikings, and says “we’re gonna sell out the pre season games.” He is promptly told by an employee “we can’t do that.”

That employee was fired on the spot.

One reason WSU struggles is because there are too many employees that tell people it can’t be done and not enough of those employees being fired.

The IPF is essentially a Costco warehouse. And WSU can’t get that built.

Fire the entire department and get people in there that can build a f’ing warehouse. Yes, that means Chun. He is a f’ing moron.

Well from what I see looking at other IPF's, aren't they basically warehouses? I mean all you have to do is get out of the weather and have enough room to practice. I have yet to visit the new Baseball facility, but my concept was to link it to the IPF, since they are right next to each other. But that would have made to much sense and been too cost-efficient. But yeah, we have straggled on that thing. I donated my $100 20 years ago, betcha $5 I won't get my promised brick on it.

Yep. A warehouse. The WSU athletic department leadership is so f’ing incompetent they can’t get a warehouse built in 20 years.

Curious, how long does it take Costco to build and stock a brand new facility???

Yep. A warehouse. The WSU athletic department leadership is so f’ing incompetent they can’t get a warehouse built in 20 years.

Curious, how long does it take Costco to build and stock a brand new facility???
If the IPF sells jumbo dogs and a soda for $1.50 hand me a shovel or hammer.

If the IPF sells jumbo dogs and a soda for $1.50 hand me a shovel or hammer.

When Im the president at WSU I would bring the deal from Bob & Barbara’s, my local bar when I lived in downtown Philly.

Shot of Jim, can of Pabst. $4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT