ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
4-Team Playoff: UW
Rose: USC
Alamo: Colorado
Holiday: Washington State
Foster Farms: Utah
Sun: Stanford

Agreed, except I think Foster Farms takes the home team.

i think we get Iowa in the holiday

Agreed, except I think Foster Farms takes the home team.

i think we get Iowa in the holiday

It really depends on why they have the bowl game in Santa Clara. If it's merely a point of pride thing, covering the cost of the payout and they don't care about the tourism part of it, Stanford makes a lot of sense. Even if their fans are disappointed in the season, they'll get 25-30,000 fans at the game. If overall economic impact is important, Utah would make a lot of sense. Their fans will be thrilled to go somewhere besides Las Vegas (even though I'm sure that was a relatively easy drive). Utah has a pretty dedicated fanbase and I bet that they travel very well to the Bay area if they are given that chance.

On the OP, I agree that the clunker put forward by CU makes it more likely that USC gets the Rose Bowl. It's a huge stadium and they know that USC fans will fill the place up.

It really depends on why they have the bowl game in Santa Clara. If it's merely a point of pride thing, covering the cost of the payout and they don't care about the tourism part of it, Stanford makes a lot of sense. Even if their fans are disappointed in the season, they'll get 25-30,000 fans at the game. If overall economic impact is important, Utah would make a lot of sense. Their fans will be thrilled to go somewhere besides Las Vegas (even though I'm sure that was a relatively easy drive). Utah has a pretty dedicated fanbase and I bet that they travel very well to the Bay area if they are given that chance.

On the OP, I agree that the clunker put forward by CU makes it more likely that USC gets the Rose Bowl. It's a huge stadium and they know that USC fans will fill the place up.

There's no place for Utah and their fans to pray in Las Vegas...

There's no place for Utah and their fans to pray in Las Vegas...
Actually there is. Las Vegas has a big enough Mormon population that they opened a major temple in early 1990's and mormons pretty well settled in the area and started the city up. Also a lot of people who went to university of Utah are non Mormon. I am not Mormon but I lived in Las Vegas for 4 years and Cedar City Utah for another 4 years because of my career.

Not sure how Utah gets to Las Vegas Bowl. Who would the Sun Bowl take if not Utah?

Glad Cougar
Yeah, if WSU and Stanford take the holiday and foster farms, I think Utah is locked in the sun. Vegas and the Cactus might not end up with PAC-12 teams, since we don't have enough eligible teams to fill our berths.

EDIT: check that. South Alabama and Louisiana Lafayette both won and got bowl eligible today, so there is only room for two 5-7 teams in bowls. Those will be North Texas and I think Mississippi State. The PAC-12 will not send a team to vegas or the cactus.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT