ADVERTISEMENT

PAC-12 Championship

The team we outplayed last week seems to be winning.
And now they’re complaining about officials. They get flagged for PI just before half and protest over it….when the DB clearly had both hands on the receiver and was impeding his route.

Fk them. Unfortunately they can’t both lose, so I’m rooting for a UW loss and then a UO-Georgia matchup where the ducks get blown out. And then, OSU and WSU win in court, and they split the CFP and bowl money and UW/UO get to cover WSU’s attorney fees out of pocket.

And now they’re complaining about officials. They get flagged for PI just before half and protest over it….when the DB clearly had both hands on the receiver and was impeding his route.

Fk them. Unfortunately they can’t both lose, so I’m rooting for a UW loss and then a UO-Georgia matchup where the ducks get blown out. And then, OSU and WSU win in court, and they split the CFP and bowl money and UW/UO get to cover WSU’s attorney fees out of pocket.
Funny. Like I used to say, I would like to see a 0-0 matchup, then there would be an earthquake that would swallow up the stadium.

That was a bullshit call

It's easy to dislike Whoregon because of the Nike Bandwagon that made them what they are.

It's utterly moronic for anyone with 1 oz. of Cougar soul to not HATE everything and anything about fuw. They have had their nose up in the air and variety of items shoved up their @$$ since college sports began

UW has always been an emotional team capable of playing way up or way down. Tonight, all 3 phases played out of their minds in the 1H but they came back down to earth in the 2H. You can’t stay emotional forever, but they are extremely well-coached.

I just have no energy about Oregon. They screwed us out of a win in 2014 (?) with the PI no-call, but I’m not close enough to Portland to have a roster of Ducks I hate. But I will always hate UW fans… it’s even a struggle not to write an essay about that every time they come to mind.

Sorry to say it but we just did not get their best effort in the AC; not even close. In the P12 CG they were 10pt dogs and they could have lifted a car with that adrenaline to open the game. Anybody who plays them just has to survive their first few scripted drives and will be playing mid season UW before they know it.

UW has always been an emotional team capable of playing way up or way down. Tonight, all 3 phases played out of their minds in the 1H but they came back down to earth in the 2H. You can’t stay emotional forever, but they are extremely well-coached.

I just have no energy about Oregon. They screwed us out of a win in 2014 (?) with the PI no-call, but I’m not close enough to Portland to have a roster of Ducks I hate. But I will always hate UW fans… it’s even a struggle not to write an essay about that every time they come to mind.

Sorry to say it but we just did not get their best effort in the AC; not even close. In the P12 CG they were 10pt dogs and they could have lifted a car with that adrenaline to open the game. Anybody who plays them just has to survive their first few scripted drives and will be playing mid season UW before they know it.
I agree about UW's performance in the P12 CG. But what you said about UW playing their ass off in the CG game could also apply to the Cougs in the Apple Cup.

I didn't watch the game because I am in the process of not giving a shit .but was at a party and following along.

How did Oregon not run the ball w Bucky Irving against a mediocre D?

I'm sure Rick James would say Press Clippings are a hell of a drug

And +9.5 points?!!

Vegas sure was generous a few times.

Hopefully some poor sap down on his luck went all in on this and the Stanford game and is living large like in Trading Places

Last edited:
🤮. F’n hate UW. They kicked Oregons ass all over the field tonight though. Oregon should have won the first game. And they. Shoulda lost 3 or 4. 🤮 again.

I didn't watch the game because I am in the process of not giving a shit .but was at a party and following along.

How did Oregon not run the ball w Bucky Irving against a mediocre D?

I'm sure Rick James would say Press Clippings are a hell of a drug
I was at a party watching as well. The host kept cheering for “Seattle” and asked me why “WSU and Oregon” decided to leave the conference. 😂

I didn’t bother watching that game. I had as much enthusiasm for that game as I do in getting a boil on my butt lanced.

Yea, it’ll suck to have a game in Lumen next year against the National Champs.
Considering it 1. should be in Pullman, but WSU helps UW's problems. Continue to tell yourself the Lumen idea is a good one.

So it's a who-gives-a-rat's-ass game.

Considering it 1. should be in Pullman, but WSU helps UW's problems. Continue to tell yourself the Lumen idea is a good one.

So it's a who-gives-a-rat's-ass game.
1) we didn’t lose a Pullman game, it’s just delayed a year, and 2) we’re playing in front of a sold out crowd, in the Seattle market, against an NCAA playoff team.

Our schedule went from nothing to really competitive in the past 3 weeks. That’s significantly important.

1) we didn’t lose a Pullman game, it’s just delayed a year, and 2) we’re playing in front of a sold out crowd, in the Seattle market, against an NCAA playoff team.

Our schedule went from nothing to really competitive in the past 3 weeks. That’s significantly important.
Are you sure UW is going to play after 2024? You don't think UW has thought about if they win and buy then can buyout. There's absolutely zero point in WSU being good stewards of a terrible partnership. If UW wanted to play, they can continue the usual home and away partnership.

Will it be sold out? We will see. That's not even tune in TV for me.

Are you sure UW is going to play after 2024? You don't think UW has thought about if they win and buy then can buyout. There's absolutely zero point in WSU being good stewards of a terrible partnership. If UW wanted to play, they can continue the usual home and away partnership.

Will it be sold out? We will see. That's not even tune in TV for me.
Ok, so they buy it out then. Who cares? We have a top National game in an NFL stadium next season.

It is a rebirth of the ill fated seattle game concept. They will demand all games on seattle once this 5 year deal expires

How many better games are there that weekend; particularly of West coast interest?
If WSU wants to draw eyeballs, they would be better served going national. West Coast interest isn't drawing in major viewers for a fake rivalry game.

OMG, come on. That’s on us then.
he’s not wrong. You don’t think fans are gonna lose interest? You don’t think UWs fans will lose interest when they see the apathy in our fanbase for the game? I see both sides on this argument but the AC is dead as far as I’m concerned, not sure what you call this game.

Reactions: Fire Kirk Schulz
New Apple Cup looks like nothing more than a body-bag game for WSU’s checking account, played in Seattle.

Old Apple Cup held tradition and relevance to both teams.

I don’t see this game being played in Pullman ever regardless of the press release.

New Apple Cup looks like nothing more than a body-bag game for WSU’s checking account, played in Seattle.

Old Apple Cup held tradition and relevance to both teams.

I don’t see this game being played in Pullman ever regardless of the press release.
An easy win for a rich program when wins are more important than ever for a G5-relegated WSU

Reactions: Fire Kirk Schulz
I’m glad UW won. Makes the decision to extend the Apple Cup look even better.

LOL! A great decision? We'll be getting are ass kicked every year. Enjoy the pain!

kung-fu-nuts.gif

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Ohio St is 47-3 all time against all other D1 teams from the state of Ohio. That is the Apple Cup for the next 50 years at best. That is the best comparison I could find, big state school vs G4 schools. Colorado vs Colorado St is 68-22 which would be another comparison but Colorado is not UW historically. That would be a 38-12 record for the next 50 games. I would be pleased, and dead, if the Cougs could manage 12 wins in the next 50 years. I apologize for being negative but beating UW in football again in this current landscape of NIL and the difference in B10 and the MW type monies will make beating them almost equivalent the 1997 season.

Ohio St is 47-3 all time against all other D1 teams from the state of Ohio. That is the Apple Cup for the next 50 years at best. That is the best comparison I could find, big state school vs G4 schools. Colorado vs Colorado St is 68-22 which would be another comparison but Colorado is not UW historically. That would be a 38-12 record for the next 50 games. I would be pleased, and dead, if the Cougs could manage 12 wins in the next 50 years. I apologize for being negative but beating UW in football again in this current landscape of NIL and the difference in B10 and the MW type monies will make beating them almost equivalent the 1997 season.
You are vastly overestimating the talent that UW will bring in. Their valleys in the B!G are going to be low. When they hit coaching turnover, and we saw what happened to them under Ty Willingham, they’ll drop off swiftly. They’ll continue to beat us, but they ain’t becoming Ohio State.

Reactions: Coug90
Who was that Co State QB back in the day? I would refer to him as Sunshine cuz he looked a bit like Sunshne in Remember The Titans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT