ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 - let the gutting begin

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Think I'll copy and paste the Pac-12 leadership roster and check back in a few months to see how it looks. Better be a lot smaller. Pac-12 networks also of course.

Wonder if that 14-person staff will remain intact for the New Pac?

Lot of "Senior VP's" and "Associate Commissioners" to help MWC schools assimilate to the Power Conference world

Wonder if that 14-person staff will remain intact for the New Pac?

Lot of "Senior VP's" and "Associate Commissioners" to help MWC schools assimilate to the Power Conference world
Uhh, no and no.

First, if we do the reverse merger, we won't be Power 5. There is no Power 5 anymore. And why the hell would we want a group that cut their teeth under Larry Scott and George Quackkoff?

Second, if we do the reverse merger we will get rid of ALL of these people and Gloria Navarez and the Mtn West Commissioner's office will become the Pac-12/14's administration.

Uhh, no and no.

First, if we do the reverse merger, we won't be Power 5. There is no Power 5 anymore. And why the hell would we want a group that cut their teeth under Larry Scott and George Quackkoff?

Second, if we do the reverse merger we will get rid of ALL of these people and Gloria Navarez and the Mtn West Commissioner's office will become the Pac-12/14's administration.

Loyal, how much of that $125M apiece will WSU and OSU have to pay if the reverse merger doesn't include every one of the MWC schools (like 'X' number of dollars per "snub")?

Would it be wiser to invest every penny of that $125M, watch the money grow and just let all of those schools join to form a 14-team Super Conference?

I think Canzano might've alluded to that strategy at one time (and he's on a first-name basis with Schulzie if IIRC)

Reactions: L.S. Dietz
Loyal, how much of that $125M apiece will WSU and OSU have to pay if the reverse merger doesn't include every one of the MWC schools (like 'X' number of dollars per "snub")?

Would it be wiser to invest every penny of that $125M, watch the money grow and just let all of those schools join to form a 14-team Super Conference?

I think Canzano might've alluded to that strategy at one time (and he's on a first-name basis with Schulzie if IIRC)
Geezus Pete, have you been following this at all? Your second paragraph is exactly what I have been talking about (and ridiculed for) all along. F Canzano aka clickbait. And go look up the penalty schedule yourself. It is irrelevant. Hint - $67 million total if we poached 6 teams, the stupidest thing we or those schools could do.

And we are already spending chunks of that $125 million, a tangible portion of which will not materialize if we don't keep the PAC intact. As I have stated ad nauseum. I'm getting about as sick of repeating myself as everyone else is. Think I'll change my handle to Mik2.

Geezus Pete, have you been following this at all? Your second paragraph is exactly what I have been talking about (and ridiculed for) all along. F Canzano aka clickbait. And go look up the penalty schedule yourself. It is irrelevant. Hint - $67 million total if we poached 6 teams, the stupidest thing we or those schools could do.

And we are already spending chunks of that $125 million, a tangible portion of which will not materialize if we don't keep the PAC intact. As I have stated ad nauseum. I'm getting about as sick of repeating myself as everyone else is. Think I'll change my handle to Mik2.
wouldn’t it have to be MIK 2,3,4,5,6?

Meanwhile, let’s just keep draining the fund by paying a full slate of full time P-12 bureaucrats to create an illusion that we’re a power conference worthy of joining.

• Haha
Reactions: justinbgocougs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT