ADVERTISEMENT

PAC12 Network seems doomed

COCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 23, 2004
My daughter and I have been watching Arizona versus Utah Women's Basketball on the PAC12 Network for about 45 minutes now. There has been probably 8 or 9 commercial breaks. There has been a total of ONE actual advertisement, which was a 15 second spot for Nuts.Com. Everything else has been public service announcements for all sorts of causes (first line responders, Native American environmental rights, veterans groups, disabilities, diversity, ect) or promotional spots for the Conference or the Network. There are NO paying customers, thus no revenue. I like to surf, and even the channels that nobody has heard of at the very end of your range has some sort of advertisements. I know this isn't scientific, but it feels like this network can't be making any money.

Reactions: chipdouglas
My daughter and I have been watching Arizona versus Utah Women's Basketball on the PAC12 Network for about 45 minutes now. There has been probably 8 or 9 commercial breaks. There has been a total of ONE actual advertisement, which was a 15 second spot for Nuts.Com. Everything else has been public service announcements for all sorts of causes (first line responders, Native American environmental rights, veterans groups, disabilities, diversity, ect) or promotional spots for the Conference or the Network. There are NO paying customers, thus no revenue. I like to surf, and even the channels that nobody has heard of at the very end of your range has some sort of advertisements. I know this isn't scientific, but it feels like this network can't be making any money.

You would think that Larry Scott's company would have some ads.. Dunder Mifflin...

Reactions: metprof and 79COUG

Yeah, this has been consistent on the Pac-12 Network for at least the past few years, although perhaps not quite to that extent. Always was remarkable how few paid ads were on there.

Yeah, this has been consistent on the Pac-12 Network for at least the past few years, although perhaps not quite to that extent. Always was remarkable how few paid ads were on there.

I remember the Stanford game in 2018 and the only add was TikTok. Why would you pay adds for a channel that isn’t only the number one television provider?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT