ADVERTISEMENT

Peace and love thread

Right on cue - my favorite antivaxxer rightwing kookookachoo with the 8th grade science and math education crawled out from his hiding place to exalt us with his vast knowledge and towering intellect.
You should probably go easy on the anti-vaxer commentary. I'm fully vaxed and twice boosted and just got over an awful case of COVID following my vacation. I also managed to transmit it to my parents who are living with me.

The vaccine didn't stop me from getting it or spreading it.

You should probably go easy on the anti-vaxer commentary. I'm fully vaxed and twice boosted and just got over an awful case of COVID following my vacation. I also managed to transmit it to my parents who are living with me.

The vaccine didn't stop me from getting it or spreading it.
Umm yeah - because virus’s mutate. This is not news. Nor a surprise to anyone with a basic education in immunology, viruses and vaccines. I know a f***ton of vaxxed and previously sick with Covid people that got rocked by omicron variants. What science shows is that these priors reduce serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths. If you are expecting a magic virus bullet you haven’t got the slightest idea of how these things work.

I would not call the Idaho Falls Post=Register or the (Boise) Idaho Statesman "left wing extremist" sources. The Post Register article recapped the Idaho 7th District REPUBLICAN Lincoln's Day meeting, highlighted by the REPUBLICAN keynote speaker, Spokane County's sheriff, warning about right wing extremists.

Umm yeah - because virus’s mutate. This is not news. Nor a surprise to anyone with a basic education in immunology, viruses and vaccines. I know a f***ton of vaxxed and previously sick with Covid people that got rocked by omicron variants. What science shows is that these priors reduce serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths. If you are expecting a magic virus bullet you haven’t got the slightest idea of how these things work.
I've got a pretty good idea how vaccine's are intended to work, actually.

I've got a pretty good idea how vaccine's are intended to work, actually.
Most people do but it's the "Shirt off, facing the natural background, with two 'peace' signs in the air basic hoes" that think they need to "splain" things in their self-indignant way to us plebs.

The problem is the corrupt universities have no accountability and no incentive to reduce tuition.

They offer worthless degrees in many cases and promote the false idea that those degrees will lead to more opportunities. The universities get off scot-free....all the while hiring diversity VPs that make $400K per year. What a scam.
Except that you’re wrong. The incentive to reduce tuition is the simple fact that if they don’t, they stop getting students. Especially at public schools, where legislative funding is already way down and operations depend on tuition dollars. It’s already happening.

Where the reckoning needs to come is in the proliferation of administrators. There are way too many VPs, chancellors, vice chancellors, and provosts who make 6 figures but don’t have a connection to actual education. Look at our own institution, which just created a chancellor of Pullman to serve under the president of WSU. It makes a degree of sense in the fundraising and lobbying world, but between them that’s $1M that never gets close to a classroom.

I’m with you on the worthless degrees though. I don’t think taxpayer funds should go to most of the liberal arts. The job market is pretty limited for degrees in sociology, philosophy, and fine arts. You can get a minor in those if you want, but supporting a BA in them is…BS.

Most people do but it's the "Shirt off, facing the natural background, with two 'peace' signs in the air basic hoes" that think they need to "splain" things in their self-indignant way to us plebs.
And you sure don’t need no splainin’ cuz Joe Rogan done already splain’d it.

Except that you’re wrong. The incentive to reduce tuition is the simple fact that if they don’t, they stop getting students. Especially at public schools, where legislative funding is already way down and operations depend on tuition dollars. It’s already happening.

Where the reckoning needs to come is in the proliferation of administrators. There are way too many VPs, chancellors, vice chancellors, and provosts who make 6 figures but don’t have a connection to actual education. Look at our own institution, which just created a chancellor of Pullman to serve under the president of WSU. It makes a degree of sense in the fundraising and lobbying world, but between them that’s $1M that never gets close to a classroom.

I’m with you on the worthless degrees though. I don’t think taxpayer funds should go to most of the liberal arts. The job market is pretty limited for degrees in sociology, philosophy, and fine arts. You can get a minor in those if you want, but supporting a BA in them is…BS.
Totally with you on your paragraph two.

I've seen the data on the explosive growth of administrators in university systems. It is ridiculous and some of those administrators get huge salaries (VP of Diversity...what a waste).

It has also happened at the public school level K-12. Huge administrative budget growth.

We need the tax money for public schools to follow the child. We need competition. Unfortunately, the teachers' unions own the Democrats.

By the way, I haven't seen any incentive to reduce tuition costs. Where has that happened? Where has tuition been going down at public institutions?

Right on cue - my favorite antivaxxer rightwing kookookachoo with the 8th grade science and math education crawled out from his hiding place to exalt us with his vast knowledge and towering intellect.

Some think you have to be a doctor to understand covid and make wise decisions on your best course of action.

That's like saying you need to be a trained certified auto mechanic to refill your windshield wiper fluid. It's absurd. Think critically for a change!

Last edited:
And you sure don’t need no splainin’ cuz Joe Rogan done already splain’d it.

Someone is obsessed with Joe Rogan. Me thinks you are horrified because he has the biggest platform for communicating and you don't like his views. He's a pretty bright guy when I've listened to him.

Totally with you on your paragraph two.

I've seen the data on the explosive growth of administrators in university systems. It is ridiculous and some of those administrators get huge salaries (VP of Diversity...what a waste).

It has also happened at the public school level K-12. Huge administrative budget growth.

We need the tax money for public schools to follow the child. We need competition. Unfortunately, the teachers' unions own the Democrats.

By the way, I haven't seen any incentive to reduce tuition costs. Where has that happened? Where has tuition been going down at public institutions?

I concur with you on what you say here. Funny (not ha ha) thing is, this same exact conversation has been had for decades. To no avail. Why? Because the inmates run the asylums. The foxes are guarding the henhouses. Pick your quote. Regents and Boards are parttime and unpaid. Zero incentive to be efficient. From there on down, the Prez's on down are all feeding at the same trough, passing the chow along to the next level. No one in Admin has any reason to put their hand up and call BS. WSU is a pretty stark example.

I concur with you on what you say here. Funny (not ha ha) thing is, this same exact conversation has been had for decades. To no avail. Why? Because the inmates run the asylums. The foxes are guarding the henhouses. Pick your quote. Regents and Boards are parttime and unpaid. Zero incentive to be efficient. From there on down, the Prez's on down are all feeding at the same trough, passing the chow along to the next level. No one in Admin has any reason to put their hand up and call BS. WSU is a pretty stark example.

That's where our politicians should shut off the spigot. They all get in a circle jerk and feed off each other. Our politicians should stop this nonsense of administrative bloat and the scam they've created.

Some think you have to be a doctor to understand covid and make wise decisions on your best course of action.

That's like saying you need to be a trained certified auto mechanic to refill your windshield wiper fluid. It absurd. Think critically for a change!
What if you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Oh fer s#it's sake - are you YakiCoug? Please say no. If you are, let's just stay away from each other.

TrumpCoug = YakiCoug?

That's surprising.

Always pictured Yaki as more of a sneering Johnny Rotten-ish anarchist tossing smoke bombs into the girls bathroom

TrumpCoug = YakiCoug?

That's surprising.

Always pictured Yaki as more of a sneering Johnny Rotten-ish anarchist tossing smoke bombs into the girls bathroom
Process of elimination. Who’s missing? Think we can cross Dick Kim off.

TrumpCoug = YakiCoug?

That's surprising.

They are not the same. Yaki was a far left liberal..and a bully until the bully got bullied... Then he slithered away

Someone is obsessed with Joe Rogan. Me thinks you are horrified because he has the biggest platform for communicating and you don't like his views. He's a pretty bright guy when I've listened to him.

I used to really like Joe Rogan when he started his podcast. He had a lot of topics where it was obvious that he was wanting to learn about the world and why things were how they were. Unfortunately, since 2016, it felt to me that he started bringing in a lot of guests that fit his world view when it came to some issues and not hosting folks that would challenge his perceptions.

It could be that the people who don't hold his viewpoints are/were boycotting his show and they were the assholes in the equation. That said, Rogan has some pretty hardcore perceptions on a few items and it's obvious that he's not changing his mind. People love to say, "shut up and dribble" and devalue the opinions of athletes and actors. Joe Rogan's opinions have no more value than athletes and actors...he's just another celebrity asshole like the rest of them.

I wish that he projected a desire to learn the way that he did in the early days of his podcast rather than just doubling down on a being a macho asshole who focuses on hating the left who doesn't have time for other perspectives. He's not alone in that, but he's as guilty as anyone else. Just for the moment, I started listening to his Nate Bargatze interview. He couldn't help but act like a wh!ny bitch about liberals on twitter and tossing in random comments that provided no value....but he just wanted to sprinkle them in to make sure his core audience had their moments of "yeah! f#ck those liberal f@ggots!"

They are not the same. Yaki was a far left liberal..and a bully until the bully got bullied... Then he slithered away

Thanks for the clarification ... hopefully Yaki (like Loyal) will summon the courage to return to CougZone minus his rebranding.

Always enjoyed Yaki's posts even if he perhaps straddled the line of diplomacy from time to time.

Glad your back in one piece after your misfortune abroad (per Ed).

Got a YUGE game to look forward to Saturday on FOX national.

Expects lots of cold beverages to be consumed by both proud fan bases. 🍻

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Thanks for the clarification ... hopefully Yaki (like Loyal) will summon the courage to return to CougZone minus his rebranding.

Always enjoyed Yaki's posts even if he perhaps straddled the line of diplomacy from time to time.

Glad your back in one piece after your misfortune abroad (per Ed).

Got a YUGE game to look forward to Saturday on FOX national.

Expects lots of cold beverages to be consumed by both proud fan bases. 🍻

Thank you for the well wishes...and I'm all good. It was actually my fault for being too trusting... and not a commentary on Costa Rica.

Yes, huge game. Hopefully we can get the offense ironed out.

I thin nk our D can keep us in it for a while... But I think they will pound the ball up the middle a lot like Ohio State in 2002 and wear them down.

We need to stretch the field vertically. Bubble screens and the like will not get it done

Reactions: PeteTheChop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT