ADVERTISEMENT

Per S-R, EWU QB Gage Gubrud has chosen. . .

Please Read Very Carefully Flat and others of his type.

There is ADEQUATE talent at the QB spot at WSU ALREADY.

Proof of that is that Tinsley, Gordon, Cooper will LIKELY win about 6,7,8 games. +1,-1 win, give or take, likely margin of error.

That is ADEQUATE QB TALENT, LIKELY PRODUCTION.

And Leach PROBABLY believes that the QB Talent is ADEQUATE.

And Leach is NOT Accepting Gubrud, because he supposedly thinks a likely 6,7,8 wins, by Tinsley, Gordon, Cooper is not Adequate.

Leach is ACCEPTING Gubrud, because he Leach would rather get a likely 10 wins from Gubrud, instead of the ADEQUATE 6,7,8 wins, by ADEQUATE 6,7,8 WIN TINSLEY, GORDON, COOPER.

SO PLEASE STOP THE "There is no ADEQUATE QB, AND THAT IS WHY LEACH TRYING TO GET GUBRUD, BECAUSE HE LEACH SUPPOSEDLY TRYING TO GET GUBRUD, BECAUSE HE LEACH IS SUPPOSEDLY THINKING THAT 6,7,8 WINS BY TINSLEY, GORDON, COOPER, IS SUPPOSEDLY INADEQUATE", BS

Why do you say Gordon, Tinsley and Cooper are capable of 6/7/8? Is that a faith based statement?

The only reason that I would prefer one guy for two years vs two guys for one year is learning curve. If you watch the Wyoming game, GMII was out of sync with our receivers in the first half. We won the game handily but we didn't push the score to a comfortable lead until late. We looked good in the first half against SJSU but we were flat as hell in the 2nd half. As a result, Minshew was in the game with under 5 minutes to go. So, because we were breaking in a new QB, we got almost no reps for his backups. Against EWU, our defense fell asleep at the wheel and let them hang around, so it wasn't Minshew's fault that he didn't leave early, but still, Leach didn't put Tinsley in until we were up 52-24 with one drive left in the game.

Because Leach needed to make sure that Minshew got enough reps to get comfortable, Tinsley and Gordon had almost no chance to see the field. If you get a guy for multiple years, the early games in that 2nd year are usually not as critical for the starter to get reps.

Now, Minshew ended up being the perfect guy for us and I wouldn't go back and change anything at this point. It sucks we are back to having no idea how the QB position is going to work out but there's no magic wand to fix that. We just have to hope that Gubrud/Tinsley/Gordon/Cooper end up being somewhere close to the pleasant surprise that Minshew was.
Ok, got it and I think we all can agree having Minshew or of course Hilinski coming back would have been optimal but it is what it is. Last season keeping our defense off the field was at times are best defense. That contributed to Minshew taking so many snaps and the backups barely getting on the field. It's actually amazing Minshew basically took every significant snap. I don't know whether you can expect that most years.

Ok, got it and I think we all can agree having Minshew or of course Hilinski coming back would have been optimal but it is what it is. Last season keeping our defense off the field was at times are best defense. That contributed to Minshew taking so many snaps and the backups barely getting on the field. It's actually amazing Minshew basically took every significant snap. I don't know whether you can expect that most years.

Minshew certainly did a good job of making the slight adjustments to avoid getting dinged up and getting his bell rung (well other than targeting calls that were missed). Looking back at Falk, it seemed like he never saw a sack or tackle that he couldn't make worse.

It's a logical projection, extrapolation based on the following:

1. Minshew won 11 games.

2. According to Leach, stats, etc, Tinsley PUSHED, was so CONSISTENTLY GOOD, that Leach didnt name a starter until game time.

3. In Fall Camp practices, reps, scrimmages, etc, Tinsley's stats were almost just as good, equal to, maybe even just barely by skin of teeth better as Minshew's.

4. Considering the above that since Minshew won 11 games, and Since Tinsley was in a Neck to Neck race, competition with Minshew, just barely by skin of teeth winning starter job, and considering what Leach does with QB's, and considering ALL the TALENT Tinsley would get to work with, ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, THAT IS IT NOT A REASONABLE EXPECTATION THAT TINSLEY WOULD WIN AT LEAST 5,6,7,8 games since Minshew won 11.

I mean if Tinsley cant couldnt win at least 5 to 8 games, Minshew should not have been able to win 11 games, Leach would not have been good with QB's, ALL the TALENT TINSLEY SUPPOSEDLY HAS TO WORK WITH, NOT THERE AFTER ALL, ETC.

Also Ed, almost everybody would agree that Tinsley would win 5 to 8 ganes.

Even Vegas Ed, would put the line, over/under, on Tinsley's wins, if starts at about 6,7, 6.5 games won at minimum.

That is reasonable, rational Ed, and not just blind faithedly pulling a random number out of butt.

Its just not BLOODY DAM LIKELY THAT Tinsley would only win 1 to 4,5, 4.5 wins

If Tinsley starts, and if Tinsley were to only win 1 to 4 games, I would, will Literally eat my words Ed

Tinsley will get 5 to 8 wins if he starts.

And I have explained why before.

Its just that some are so stubbornly dug in, that they dont pay attention, see, read, listen, understand, etc.

If I subscribe to your math and extrapolate if it is neck to neck, wouldn't Tinsley have a lower end of 8 wins and upper to 10? If they were that close, wouldn't Leach be looking to a different position to use that scholie? Don't get me wrong, I love the message of competition, and maybe I am reading into it he feels more than comfortable with Tinsley.

With 10 reg season wins do you think Tinsely beats UW/Cal/Stanford/Oregon/Utah and even OSU was getting after us. I think it took someone pretty remarkable to win those games. Maybe Tinsley will follow up and make game ending and game winning drives.

"The only example we have is Oregon and their mixed results going with Adams, then Prokup. "

Russell Wilson is a successful example and the one who really started the whole movement.
Oregon installed prokup as the starter before he set foot on campus, Leach won't do that

The only reason that I would prefer one guy for two years vs two guys for one year is learning curve. If you watch the Wyoming game, GMII was out of sync with our receivers in the first half. We won the game handily but we didn't push the score to a comfortable lead until late. We looked good in the first half against SJSU but we were flat as hell in the 2nd half. As a result, Minshew was in the game with under 5 minutes to go. So, because we were breaking in a new QB, we got almost no reps for his backups. Against EWU, our defense fell asleep at the wheel and let them hang around, so it wasn't Minshew's fault that he didn't leave early, but still, Leach didn't put Tinsley in until we were up 52-24 with one drive left in the game.

Because Leach needed to make sure that Minshew got enough reps to get comfortable, Tinsley and Gordon had almost no chance to see the field. If you get a guy for multiple years, the early games in that 2nd year are usually not as critical for the starter to get reps.

Now, Minshew ended up being the perfect guy for us and I wouldn't go back and change anything at this point. It sucks we are back to having no idea how the QB position is going to work out but there's no magic wand to fix that. We just have to hope that Gubrud/Tinsley/Gordon/Cooper end up being somewhere close to the pleasant surprise that Minshew was.

That's not a "new QB" thing. Leach has always done that.

Hillinski got in 1 game prior to November in 2016 despite Falk having over a full year of starts under his belt.

That's not a "new QB" thing. Leach has always done that.

Hillinski got in 1 game prior to November in 2016 despite Falk having over a full year of starts under his belt.

Yep. The starting QB and starting OL rarely come out of the game. Even when the game is in hand. That's how Leach does it.

It's a logical projection, extrapolation based on the following:

1. Minshew won 11 games.

2. According to Leach, stats, etc, Tinsley PUSHED, was so CONSISTENTLY GOOD, that Leach didnt name a starter until game time.

3. In Fall Camp practices, reps, scrimmages, etc, Tinsley's stats were almost just as good, equal to, maybe even just barely by skin of teeth better as Minshew's.

4. Considering the above that since Minshew won 11 games, and Since Tinsley was in a Neck to Neck race, competition with Minshew, just barely by skin of teeth winning starter job, and considering what Leach does with QB's, and considering ALL the TALENT Tinsley would get to work with, ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, THAT IS IT NOT A REASONABLE EXPECTATION THAT TINSLEY WOULD WIN AT LEAST 5,6,7,8 games since Minshew won 11.

I mean if Tinsley cant couldnt win at least 5 to 8 games, Minshew should not have been able to win 11 games, Leach would not have been good with QB's, ALL the TALENT TINSLEY SUPPOSEDLY HAS TO WORK WITH, NOT THERE AFTER ALL, ETC.

Also Ed, almost everybody would agree that Tinsley would win 5 to 8 ganes.

Even Vegas Ed, would put the line, over/under, on Tinsley's wins, if starts at about 6,7, 6.5 games won at minimum.

That is reasonable, rational Ed, and not just blind faithedly pulling a random number out of butt.

Its just not BLOODY DAM LIKELY THAT Tinsley would only win 1 to 4,5, 4.5 wins

If Tinsley starts, and if Tinsley were to only win 1 to 4 games, I would, will Literally eat my words Ed

Tinsley will get 5 to 8 wins if he starts.

And I have explained why before.

Its just that some are so stubbornly dug in, that they dont pay attention, see, read, listen, understand, etc.

I think I can say, with quite a bit of confidence, Vegas would not set the over/under for wins at 6.7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT