ADVERTISEMENT

Players calling out some former teammates

Fab5Coug

Hall Of Fame
Nov 10, 2007
Both Jalen Thompson and Taylor Comfort commenting on some of the selfish guys on last year's team and how things are different this year.

I think we all know who they're talking about...that's right...Luke Falk.

I'm kidding. But, yea, we know who they're talking about.

I would kid you not. One s public perception does not always match the reality of the person.

I would kid you not. One s public perception does not always match the reality of the person.

giphy.gif

I think this is the biggest reason why Falk and the offense struggled last season. The two outside starting receivers were negative influences. I think a large part of Falk holding the ball longer than he ever had were the two outside receivers continually not running/reading the correct route and the inside receivers were freshman and although talented, they were not physically mature enough last year.

I think this is the biggest reason why Falk and the offense struggled last season. The two outside starting receivers were negative influences. I think a large part of Falk holding the ball longer than he ever had were the two outside receivers continually not running/reading the correct route and the inside receivers were freshman and although talented, they were not physically mature enough last year.

Well, that and the two of them ran the 40 in about 10 seconds combined.

Interesting comments.
well I’m not sure falk was necessarily the best of leaders either. When you are QB1 at a big time program you have to do more than just chuck the ball around. You got to get your receivers, Oline, everyone else to run through walls for you. GM2 sure appears to be that type of a leader, I don’t think that was Falks game.

Interesting comments.

well I’m not sure falk was necessarily the best of leaders either. When you are QB1 at a big time program you have to do more than just chuck the ball around. You got to get your receivers, Oline, everyone else to run through walls for you. GM2 sure appears to be that type of a leader, I don’t think that was Falks game.
You don't have the success that Falk has had at WSU without being a leader. My parents raised five children all the same. Four of us have done very well. The other, while we love him, is the opposite.

Sometimes, some people cannot be lead.

This team is doing well not just because of GM (although is is a part), but because of better coaching and this team has matured and unfortunately, the events of last summer has helped in the maturation of this team.

I really feel that Falk had Paralysis of Analysis....he just overthought way too much. All of his concussions I'm sure played a role in this as well. Luke Falk as a sophomore was not the same as Falk as jr and sr.

Interesting comments.

Dude is the winningest QB in program history. I, for one, will not question his leadership without any real reason to do so.

Reactions: Coug95man2
I really feel that Falk had Paralysis of Analysis....he just overthought way too much. All of his concussions I'm sure played a role in this as well. Luke Falk as a sophomore was not the same as Falk as jr and sr.
Not to mention the broken left wrist for most of his senior season. I'm sure it was painful.

Others have articulated it very well. Our program advanced leaps and bounds while Falk was the QB. He wasn't solely responsible and his production suffered his senior year, but he contributed much to the winning atmosphere that has now been established in Pullman.

Glad Cougar

Not to mention the broken left wrist for most of his senior season. I'm sure it was painful.

Others have articulated it very well. Our program advanced leaps and bounds while Falk was the QB. He wasn't solely responsible and his production suffered his senior year, but he contributed much to the winning atmosphere that has now been established in Pullman.

Glad Cougar
Was doing some more thinking about Falk the other day, and about the efficiency that Minshew has and how he gets rid of the ball quickly and doesn't take sacks.

While Falk did like to sit in the pocket and ponder the meaning of life, often resulting in negative plays, it has to be noted that he manage to move the offense DESPITE often digging a HUGE hole for himself and the offense. Image how stupid last year (and 2 years ago, for that matter) offense would have been if he had simply thrown it away instead of taking all those sacks and negative yards.

If the receivers are where they are supposed to be, then it is easy to get rid of it quickly. If receivers are running the route incorrectly or reading the defense wrong so that they are not where they should be, then the QB is going to hold the ball longer.

Falk's best year was as a sophomore. He didn't hold the ball. You know what he had? Three outstanding receivers, Marks, Williams and Cracraft. His fourth best receiver, Lewis, is still on the team and is not even one of the ten best ten receivers this year.

That shows you just how good this years receivers are. It is easy to play pitch and catch, or what is happening on this team, when you have talented receivers who are where they are supposed to be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT