ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs , four teams

Washington, Michigan, Texas and FSU

SEC gets left out ?
Looking that way. And guessing it goes Michigan, Wa, FSU, Tx. So Wa will draw quarterbackless FSU. With no SEC teams in their way. This might be their season of destiny cuz I’ve never seen such a string of luck.

Keep in mind if we had beat them there’s no way they pick UW over Bama, so they’d be out. 😡

Washington, Michigan, Texas and FSU

SEC gets left out ?
I don’t think UGA falls out, and I don’t think a 3 point loss to #8 drops them behind UT.
They’d have to drop 4 spots. Texas would have to rise 3, including jumping over an idle Ohio State. Possible, I suppose, but I don’t think it’s likely.
Michigan, UW, FSU, and UGA. Georgia might even stay #3. FSU isn’t likely to beat any of them. I don’t think Michigan can get by Georgia. Not sure UW’s defense is strong enough to take care of Michigan or Georgia.

I don’t think UGA falls out, and I don’t think a 3 point loss to #8 drops them behind UT.
They’d have to drop 4 spots. Texas would have to rise 3, including jumping over an idle Ohio State. Possible, I suppose, but I don’t think it’s likely.
Michigan, UW, FSU, and UGA. Georgia might even stay #3. FSU isn’t likely to beat any of them. I don’t think Michigan can get by Georgia. Not sure UW’s defense is strong enough to take care of Michigan or Georgia.
Interesting. My rationale is TX and Bama both won their conferences while GA did not. TX beat Bama and Bama beat GA. Where they are ranked SHOULD be meaningless. You could argue GA was over ranked and Bama was underranked.

I agree GA is likely a top 4 team though. They were beat up too when everyone’s healthy in a month they will be a tough out.

Lots of 1 score wins. Dogs are out
If they were still hanging at #5, I’d agree. But they’re #3, and they’re not going to lose 2 spots by winning against #5. They’re in.

FSU is a bit of a question mark. Especially with a backup QB, they’re overrated at #4, and some didn’t think they should get a berth. But they took care of Louisville with defense, and they’re undefeated. And no undefeated P5 team has ever been left out.

With 3 undefeated teams, the only question is which on the 1 win teams gets in? Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, or Alabama? Georgia and OSU didn’t win their conferences, and lost late. Texas beat Alabama early. Georgia and Alabama will get bonus points for being SEC. Something’s got to give….my guess is that Georgia’s higher ranking to start the week keeps them high enough.

Reactions: 425cougfan
UGA would be the only non-champion in that group. I don't see that happening.

1-Michigan, 2-Washington, 3-Alabama,
4-Florida State.

That my guess
If wa doesn’t draw FSU in the first round I’ll be happy. That would basically punch their ticket to the NC. Unless their defense can do a Brennan Jackson and house multiple turnovers I don’t see them beating anyone with their QB out and a huge drop off to QB2.

I’d like for UW to play MI in the Final Rose Bowl 🌹
But, I don’t see that happening.
I’d like UW to get blown out and shut out by FSU, in the most embarrassing fashion possible. And then, FSU wins the championship in another embarrassing blowout, with their backup QB.

That way neither UW or the Big Ten wins, and I don’t have to hear about the SECs greatness.

And then, the courts find in favor of WSU and OSU and give them control. They then immediately vote to follow the bylaws and seize the media money from the 10 - including UW’s CFP money - and split it two ways. So UW gets their playoff berth, gets embarrassed, and doesn’t earn a dime. They go to the Big Ten with the piggy bank empty, while WSU gets a $100M+ payout to get the AD back in the black and create a solid financial base.

I’d like UW to get blown out and shut out by FSU, in the most embarrassing fashion possible. And then, FSU wins the championship in another embarrassing blowout, with their backup QB.

That way neither UW or the Big Ten wins, and I don’t have to hear about the SECs greatness.

And then, the courts find in favor of WSU and OSU and give them control. They then immediately vote to follow the bylaws and seize the media money from the 10 - including UW’s CFP money - and split it two ways. So UW gets their playoff berth, gets embarrassed, and doesn’t earn a dime. They go to the Big Ten with the piggy bank empty, while WSU gets a $100M+ payout to get the AD back in the black and create a solid financial base.
pump this into my veins.

Sark v UW.
UM v Bama.

A lot of people are going to stop watching since games apparently do not matter (FSU). $EC bounty hunters won.

Not sure. First time I’ve ever seen a team get snubbed because of an injury though.
It feels like the way the Big 12 and PAC were snubbed in the past, which led to the ”big” teams deciding enough is enough.

I don't care what the CFP committee says. They can go F themselves. FSU went UNDEFEATED in a P4 POWER conference, and won CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, which according to the RULES, means they should be in over 1 loss Alabama.

If FSU wins their NY6(Orange Bowl) to finish UNDEFEATED, and if 1 loss Alabama wins the playoffs, then the President, AD, Head Coach of FSU should FLIP THE MIDDLE FINGER BIRD ON LIVE TV, AND SAY FCK YOU, WE ARE UNDEFEATED, WE WON OUR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, WE BELONGED IN PLAYOFFS OVER 1 LOSS BAMA, WE WON THE ORANGE BOWL, AND ARE STILL UNDEFEATED, AND HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, AND WE ARE THE FCKIN REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS NO MATTER WHAT YOU FCKIN MORONS SAY.

And if FSU wins the Orange Bowl, NY6 bowl, and if 1 loss Bama wins the playoffs, then FSU is the REAL TRUE NATIONAL CHAMPION, No matter what the fckin moronic CFP committee says.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
I don't care what the CFP committee says. They can go F themselves. FSU went UNDEFEATED in a P4 POWER conference, and won CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, which according to the RULES, means they should be in over 1 loss Alabama.

If FSU wins their NY6(Orange Bowl) to finish UNDEFEATED, and if 1 loss Alabama wins the playoffs, then the President, AD, Head Coach of FSU should FLIP THE MIDDLE FINGER BIRD ON LIVE TV, AND SAY FCK YOU, WE ARE UNDEFEATED, WE WON OUR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, WE BELONGED IN PLAYOFFS OVER 1 LOSS BAMA, WE WON THE ORANGE BOWL, AND ARE STILL UNDEFEATED, AND HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, AND WE ARE THE FCKIN REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS NO MATTER WHAT YOU FCKIN MORONS SAY.

And if FSU wins the Orange Bowl, NY6 bowl, and if 1 loss Bama wins the playoffs, then FSU is the REAL TRUE NATIONAL CHAMPION, No matter what the fckin moronic CFP committee says.

And furthermore, if FSU wins NY6 Orange Bowl game to remain undefeated, and if 1 loss Bama wins playoffs, and if FSU has BEST RECORD, then if I was President, AD, I would put up, hang a banner in the Stadium, that says 2023-2024 NATIONAL CHAMPION.

Then I would make sure that the FSU NATIONAL CHAMPION FLAG that would say 2023-2024 FSU NATIONAL CHAMPION, would fly at EVERY College GAMEDAY like show.

Wow. CF fell even further today, with FSU being left out of the playoffs. Now even the real games don’t matter. A one loss teams unseats a power5 Conf. Champion. This is another reason CF now sucks. Even the actual results on the field is manipulated to meet the needs of the networks and the teams that are expected to be in the playoffs. It’s just wrong that the Bammers made it in over FSU. College football is rigged and sucks big time.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
Wow. CF fell even further today, with FSU being left out of the playoffs. Now even the real games don’t matter. A one loss teams unseats a power5 Conf. Champion. This is another reason CF now sucks. Even the actual results on the field is manipulated to meet the needs of the networks and the teams that are expected to be in the playoffs. It’s just wrong that the Bammers made it in over FSU. College football is rigged and sucks big time.
Notice It’s all, in affect, B1G and SEC in the playoffs. If Georgia had won I think they would have put TX in anyway.

They looked for an excuse and went with the injured QB. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Notice It’s all, in affect, B1G and SEC in the playoffs. If Georgia had won I think they would have put TX in anyway.

They looked for an excuse and went with the injured QB. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
What bothers me the most isn’t that FSU is an undefeated conference champ that got snubbed (although that’s a serious problem). It’s that they’re good enough to win their conference championship against the #14 team with their 3rd string QB. And with that win, they fall a spot? WTF??

More mystifying - they went up a spot in the coaches poll and stayed flat in the AP. How does the CFP justify dropping them?

What bothers me the most isn’t that FSU is an undefeated conference champ that got snubbed (although that’s a serious problem). It’s that they’re good enough to win their conference championship against the #14 team with their 3rd string QB. And with that win, they fall a spot? WTF??

More mystifying - they went up a spot in the coaches poll and stayed flat in the AP. How does the CFP justify dropping them?
SEC and B1G own them.

Pretty soon the bcs playoffs will just be teams drawn from the sec and the B1G. Two,super conferences deciding the title.

And furthermore, if FSU wins NY6 Orange Bowl game to remain undefeated, and if 1 loss Bama wins playoffs, and if FSU has BEST RECORD, then if I was President, AD, I would put up, hang a banner in the Stadium, that says 2023-2024 NATIONAL CHAMPION.

Then I would make sure that the FSU NATIONAL CHAMPION FLAG that would say 2023-2024 FSU NATIONAL CHAMPION, would fly at EVERY College GAMEDAY like show.
100% Mik. I’m not a fan of the awarding oneself a natty, lord knows this is one of UWs favorite moves. But in this case it’s absolutely deserved. I hope they win it and I hope they put one up.

They don’t, they can’t. There’s zero justification. It’s absolute horse shit.

They also played and spanked a really good LSU team to start the year so it’s not like they ducked a tough OOC schedule.

What I find interesting, everyone thinks this will be fixed when the playoff moves to 12 teams. Heck even March Madness has trouble with 48 + 4. Below are the top 13 teams at the end of the year as or yesterday. You'll notice 12 of the 13 will be in the BIG 10, or SEC next year, only team not in those conferences is FSU. Do you really think they are going to make room for G-5 Schools, or the ACC or Big 12? I am sure those 2 conferences will claim they are entitled to all 12 spots, they'll settle for 10, and there will be 2 spots left for the ACC, Big 12, and G-5, needless to say one group is left out.

The gap between about 15-20 big money schools and the rest will get worse. Look at Cam Ward, they say he has offers from around 10 schools of 1 million, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 2 million plus, many of these schools have the money, WSU had to pull nickels out of a piggybank to come up with 100K.

The Cougs are not getting back into a "power 5 conference" and won't be part of the BIG or SEC, or those 32-40 teams the networks pick, they just don't have the money to compete. And it is sad it has come to this, but we have to move on, and I am OK with that, they just have to strive to be the best of the rest. WSU has always had to play "Billy Ball", so moving forward, work on the high school recruits, and work the portal for stars sitting on the bench. As the top schools will spend more time in the portal picking off top talent, now that these kids realize how much they can make, more top players will be free agents. Players have two shots, build a resume, transfer once, then the grad transfer for the big payday. This can actually work to the Cougs advantage is played right, develop the players to help them to the big payday. Don't look at the 85 scholarships other schools have, with all this money and transfer portal, there are only 22 starters, so there are a lot of solid players sitting on the bench in the big programs, just have a find a way to lure them away. So unfortunately, NIL money is still an issue, you just have to manage that money and look ahead. Top of the line grad transfers are out of our budget, but that kid with 2-3 yeas left is who they need, and will possibly lose them their grad transfer year. You have to look at the portal similar to the JC programs, you get two years out of them at best. If they are stars, they are probably gone the 3rd year. Unless they are like Jackson and Stone.

This is one thing Dickert is doing right, he is helping Cam Ward getting to the next team and his big payday. If you are trying to lure portal players, tell them you'll develop them, give us 2-3 years and if you hit that big payday, we will help you with that too. It's like getting players ready for the NFL, except now you start getting them ready for their big NIL deal in their grad transfer year. I don't like, but that's the game these days, and the sooner you adapt the better off you are.

RKTEAMRECTREND
1MichiganMichigan13-01
2WashingtonWashington13-01
3TexasTexas12-14
4AlabamaAlabama12-14
5Florida StateFlorida State13-01
6GeorgiaGeorgia12-15
7Ohio StateOhio State11-11
8OregonOregon11-23
9MissouriMissouri10-2-
10Penn StatePenn State10-2-
11Ole MissOle Miss10-2-
12OklahomaOklahoma10-2-
13LSULSU9-3-

Is it going to 5 conference champs plus highest ranked 7? I think it was 6 and 6 before PAC imploded.

in that case, Big 12 and ACC would get champ in, but not much more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT