ADVERTISEMENT

Popcorn Guy

The Popcorn Segment was awesome. Thanks for posting!

Popcorn Guy … a bonafide legend.

Great find from the archives Loyal!

Brand Y does a great job with these types of stories.

When Scott Hood comes back to running this site, maybe he’ll look at hiring a Brand Y writer or two in order to bolster the content.

Popcorn Guy … a bonafide legend.

Great find from the archives Loyal!

Brand Y does a great job with these types of stories.

When Scott Hood comes back to running this site, maybe he’ll look at hiring a Brand Y writer or two in order to bolster the content.
Choppy, Hood ain't coming back. And good since the bastard banned me for not putting up with you know who's toxic BS. There isn't going to be any content here. What we do have is the best message board of us, Brand X and Brand Y, That is something.

Hood ain't coming back.

Is that official? I just figured he was taking a leave of absence until preseason practice kicked off in August.

Admired the way Scottie covered WSU even though he lived in the Grand Canyon or somewhere very remote like that. Had to take a lot of dedication. The guy clearly loved his job to make that kind of effort.

Last edited:
And good since the bastard banned me for not putting up with you know who's toxic BS.

Not sure what wrong between you and Yaki and you and Tron, but hopefully it gets resolved one day and you guys can go back to getting along. My grandfather used to say "Life is too short to hold a grudge."

Maybe the three of you can knock back a few cold beers one night in Pullman after a game and and let bygones be bygones.

What we do have is the best message board of us, Brand X and Brand Y, That is something.

Classy post Loyal1 and I agree 100%. Not even some of the "big" schools like Texas and Alabama and Ohio State and Oregon have many more passionate posters

I've heard Brand Z (Die Hard Cougs) has more than 30,000 members, but apparently Facebook is behind the paywall and have to be a subscriber. Too bad. Seems like the more merrier with these fan sites message boards

Not sure what wrong between you and Yaki and you and Tron, but hopefully it gets resolved one day and you guys can go back to getting along. My grandfather used to say "Life is too short to hold a grudge."

Maybe the three of you can knock back a few cold beers one night in Pullman after a game and and let bygones be bygones.
Oh Choppy. I'm not seeking him out, but if I ever run into him by accident I will punch him right in the face. Then probably kick him in the ribs a couple of times. Tron I couldn't care less about.

Reactions: Sea-Coug
Classy post Loyal1 and I agree 100%. Not even some of the "big" schools like Texas and Alabama and Ohio State and Oregon have many more passionate posters

I've heard Brand Z (Die Hard Cougs) has more than 30,000 members, but apparently Facebook is behind the paywall and have to be a subscriber. Too bad. Seems like the more merrier with these fan sites message boards
32,400 as of tonight. It’s a private group, but it’s free. Very different site.

The Facebook Group has the wrong title. Should be called T-Shirt Cougs. If you did a fundraiser for WSU on that page and asked for $10 per person....you'd get 100 bucks.

Cheap f#ckers have more threads on "where can I watch the Cougs for free?" in the fall than they do talking about the games themselves. What's cute is that they get pissed when you suggest that maybe they pay $70 per month for three months to watch the Cougs and they act like it's not worth it.

"Die Hard" indeed. That group epitomizes why WSU struggles to compete nationally.

How does that work 95 (I'm not too internet savvy)?

I knew a couple guys who posted at Brand Z back in the day (and they still may), but I don't recall it being an "exclusive, members only" club?

How is something turned "private" on the Facebook ... and what is even the purpose?

The Facebook Group has the wrong title. Should be called T-Shirt Cougs. If you did a fundraiser for WSU on that page and asked for $10 per person....you'd get 100 bucks.

If Chun or the collective could get even a decent percentage of the 32k members to give $100 apiece, that could be a real difference-maker 🤔

If Chun or the collective could get even a decent percentage of the 32k members to give $100 apiece, that could be a real difference-maker 🤔

Whoever we have as a marketing director should be working that group hard. As I've mentioned before, the Cougar Collective recently announced that they had reached $100k in annual commitments. At $18.90 per month, that's only 441 donors. If they could get 2% of that group to pony up as new donors, that's another $145k per year to distribute. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

How does that work 95 (I'm not too internet savvy)?

I knew a couple guys who posted at Brand Z back in the day (and they still may), but I don't recall it being an "exclusive, members only" club?

How is something turned "private" on the Facebook ... and what is even the purpose?
When you start a “group” on Facebook, you can set it to be public or private. If it’s private you have to request permission to join from an admin. I’ve seen some set up to be family tree sharing, so if you’re part of the family, you can get in. If it’s a public group, anyone on Facebook can get in.
I don’t know how they screen for who joins and who doesn’t. But the general idea is people with a common interest can post/chat about whatever that is.

There's no paywall, but that group is toxic af. Take an armchair qb, hit them in the head until they drool, give them a lobotomy, and then put them on meth and you might get close to approximating what a complete shit show that place is.

Only two posts ever - "COACH xxxx SUCKS, FIRE HIM!" or "QB1 SUCKS, PUT IN THE BACKUP!"
All season, every season.

But all you have to do is click a button to request admittance to the group, so help yourself...

There's no paywall, but that group is toxic af. Take an armchair qb, hit them in the head until they drool, give them a lobotomy, and then put them on meth and you might get close to approximating what a complete shit show that place is.

Only two posts ever - "COACH xxxx SUCKS, FIRE HIM!" or "QB1 SUCKS, PUT IN THE BACKUP!"
All season, every season.

But all you have to do is click a button to request admittance to the group, so help yourself...
You forgot the third post,,,”Where can I watch the game for free?”

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Getting back to popcorn guy. I had forgotten about Leach's appearances in the vid. CML had a marvelously quirky sense of humor. And I think he understood Pullman and WSU...better than many coaches that we've had over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT